Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #61  

i am just frustrated cuz my holiday gain isnt coming off as fast as i think it should! i learned my lesson... next christmas i will be very very good lol!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Patti - oh ok, well that I can understand all too well, it feels like you aren't going forward with your weight loss until you lose that holiday weight doesn't it! That's why I am really that next week I finally get the final 1 lb off so I am back to where I was on Christmas day. How much have you got left to lose?

Keep your chin up, it will come off for both of us

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #63  

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize how many posts accumulate in the morning!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Today's a new day, forget about yesterday, plan for tomorrow.

Today is my weigh-in day and I'm down another 3lbs! I'm thrilled about that, but annoyed at my stupidity. When I first weighed myself, I thought the scale was at 325, but it was at 330! Oh well...all that means is ... stay OP!

AND...I exercised yesterday! I was SO happy about that. My chair-dancing DVD arrived in the mail and boy was it tough! I was actually sweating on the chair! But I'm so happy I was able to do the full routine and get moving. I guess now I can finally add to the "Resolve to Exercise Board" and set some exercise goals!

Hugs and Cheers to everyone!

And I hope this doesn't sound too corny, but this is my 2nd week here and I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here for making this journey a little easier. It's nice to have a place to come to where people understand what you're going through, especially when I get stupid comments from people at work, or "helpful" advice from my brother's girlfriend.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #64  

way to simone on your loss thats great!
Ammi i flip flop between needing to lose 5 or 6 pounds so you can see why i am frustrated! anyways at least my mood improved after exercising!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Simone - on the 3 lbs lost, that's wonderful news I am glad that your exercise DVD arrived and that you really enjoyed working out to it. It's amazing how much of a sweat you can build up doing exercise sitting down isn't it!!

Patti - yes I can imagine that flipping back and fore between having 5 then 6 lbs to lose to get to your pre Christmas weight would get you down. Don't give up though, remember not so long back you had weeks of no loss, or a gain, or a small loss, then all of a sudden you lost about 6 lbs in one week over the various days you weighed?! The FFM will definitely catch up with you I am glad your mood lifted after doing some exercise though, was your leg ok?

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #66  
Vanessa

Hello all! I'd like to join you if I may - I'm 33 years old, married, 2 beatiful kids. I'm at 308, have been for a while, and have recently been diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetic. I also have PCOS, which adds another dimension to this whole weight-loss thing. The Diabetes diagnosis has given me a kick in the pants to actually do something about my weight - as hard as it may be! I hate exercise - so I have to really motivate myslef do to anything. Hopefully, if I start seeing some results, I'll be more motivated to do what I need to do. You seem to have a great group of people here, so I'm hoping to gain some support and inspiration from you, as well as offer you my support as we all go through this together!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Hello all! I'd like to join you if I may - I'm 33 years old, married, 2 beatiful kids. I'm at 308, have been for a while, and have recently been diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetic. I also have PCOS, which adds another dimension to this whole weight-loss thing. The Diabetes diagnosis has given me a kick in the pants to actually do something about my weight - as hard as it may be! I hate exercise - so I have to really motivate myslef do to anything. Hopefully, if I start seeing some results, I'll be more motivated to do what I need to do. You seem to have a great group of people here, so I'm hoping to gain some support and inspiration from you, as well as offer you my support as we all go through this together!

I love it here. It's been 2 weeks since I've joined and this group inspires me SO much! If you haven't already, take a peek at the pics people posted after reaching their goal weight. It's amazing to see the results people have had.

Are you on a program or doing your own thing?

Good luck & keep posting!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #68  

Hello! Hello!

Popping in to tell AMMI that I'm pulling up along side! The scale today says 232 (and some change, but I'm dressed heavy today so I'm calling it just 232!) Gives me four to go, instead of three...but this scale weighs just a tad heavier than the one I started on! I'm going to party just FINE at 99! Or MAYBE I'll get to 100 with you after all!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #69  
Charlene

Simone, if you don't mind, what is the name of the chair dancing video you got? I could really use something like that since I have bad knees, hips, and back, so I can't stand for very long which makes exercising hard for me. Congratulations on your weight loss.

bahecasmart, welcome. I am also new and it didn't take me long to realize that these ladies are awesome.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #70  

The video is: "Chair Dancing Through the Decades" and the instructor is Jodi Stolove.

I purchased it online at www.collagevideo.com

The instructor has her own website: www.chairdancing.com
Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #71  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls, hope everyone is having a good day I had my first weigh in after 2 weeks of paul mckenna plan and lost not a pound!! At first was really dissapointed and made me feel cross, BUT then again I thought of the good things; This plan involves eating what u want, when u want it, but only when hungry and only til satsified (not stuffed!) - anyway I have done that and not gained, I was thinking actually for someone who has compulsively eaten for so long thats pretty good to have had whatever I want and not gain. What I mean is my full and hungry cues have been messed up with years of dieting and bingeing and I every time I eat what I want I go to far and put on loads really easily. So I plan to keep on working his plan, listening to CD, exercising and see what happens. it feels amazing to feel free to eat whatever I want and I am losing the ability to overeat as I am cued into how horrible it makes me feel. I have eaten take away food, chocolate, cake, crisps, u name it I've eaten it, but only til hungry and that takes away (some) of the guilt. A very interesting process anyway and I am going to give it more time as a lifetime of this sure beats dieting for me. BTW I am aware most of u are dieting and am not being critical of that here, i know after 10 years of battling with obesity there are no quick easy fixes for LONG term successful weight loss, so I figure different things work for different people.

Jill - hope u find the way through a difficult food time

Ammi - so glad u are doing so amazingly well

Everyone, best wishes from me xxx
Old 01-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #72  
Shadiepurple

Good morning everyone ! Strength and happy feeling to all. I'm doing well this morning eating my oatmeal with cheese as I read all the lovely encouraging words here.

Jilly: Thank you so much for the ideas about dealing with my anger eating. I plan to get me a big ol' pack of gum and try that out next time. I'm so sorry you were having those out of control feelings. Boy do I know how that feels. Just as you said, I know that when I'm feeling like that I can't trust myself to go to the store for just what I need. I end up with 20 great ideas for screwing up my confidence. Then I get home and plan to space out the goodies but I continue to think about them until I've had MY SHARE of each treat. My share is usually the biggest part or the whole thing. So I empathize you with on knowing we have to completely avoid the the cituation until those feelings are gone. Good luck and much strength to you girlfriend.. .this tooo shall pass.

AMMI: I can't wait to play pogo with you . That will be a treat.Good for you for doing the living room AND the kitchen in one shot. It's been years since I've done that. I used to be able to do the whole house in matter of an afternoon and still go out dancing in the evening. Those days will come again I'm sure. I am so happy for you and your news about the possibility of a tummy tuck when your ready. Like Jilly I know my insurance would send me a " your kidding" letter before I got home from the appointment.

To all my sweet sisters, have a great day and thank you for your kind words.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #73  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I know that several of you have advised getting up early and getting exercise in before work, and I’ve tried a few times but haven’t been very successful. I’ve never been much of a morning person, but I’m still working on it. This morning, however, I actually got up and got ten minutes in on the TM before work – yeah! Since just getting on the thing and getting started can be the most daunting part, I’m happy for this small success. Hopefully I can build on it, but at least it’s a good addition to my night routine.

ANNIE, Just looking at your last post I can see a determination in you. That doesn’t mean there won’t be rough spots in the road, but we’re here for you. You’ve chosen a new path, and you’re already on your way! I’ve only been pushing myself to an occasional 35 minutes tops on my TM. You are so inspiring – your 28 minutes is an AWESOME thing, and there’s nothing little about it. It’s a big deal, but only the first of many. I’m thrilled that you’re doing so well, and I’m looking forward to seeing how well the next 348 days go for you this year. I know 2007 will close on a newer, younger, healthier and happier Dogpal!

WYLLENN, I’m reaching out, here, let me help give you a hand back up on the wagon train. Heaven knows, you’ve done it for others a hundred times. Binge, get thee behind us! We’ll just leave that stuff in our trail dust!

PATTI – Toofatforu – I’m in the same boat. It comes off slower every year. It’s the price we pay, but we’ll just have to get rid of that weight and keep going!

BAHECASMART – WELCOME!!! Of course we’re glad to have you! The fear of diabetes is one of the things that motivated me to get this job done. I didn’t have it, but I had high BP. It can be managed if we manage our weight, and I’m glad you’re making the trip with us. Feel free to join us on the exercise thread. There’s NO minimum, there’s just forward motion, for ourselves as individuals and as a fat fighting force together.

I’m at work and they keep track of our time on-line, so I don’t wanna go over my lunch break. Congrats to the many of you who are leading the way this year already, with great losses and healthy habits!!! C-ya later!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #74  

Ammi leg is doing ok today not too bad pain wise. hello to the new folks. valorie we will this battle thats for sure!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #75  
Vanessa

I'm so happy - I just found out that the pool next door to my work has swimming available from 11:30 - 1:00 every day. So... my new commitment is to go swimming (do laps) at least twice a week during my lunch break... wish me luck.. I start tomorrow!
Closed Thread