Old 01-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #1  
Charlene

Smile Newbie here...

Hi everyone. I am new here. I joined about a week ago but have just been reading. This place is great! I have been reading so much and getting so much inspiration from everyone. It's hard for me to write down things about me because I have had my head in the sand all my life. I am morbidly obese and I plan on changing that. I went to the dr today and found out how much I weigh but I just can't seem to put that down on paper right now. I know one day I will be able to so I hope ya'll understand. I am 44 y/o and I have the most wonderful husband in the world. We have been together 4.5 years and married only 4 years. I also have one fantastic son(25) and one fantastic daughter(almost 18) and a wonderful soon to be daughter in law. They are fixing to make me a grandma for the first time in July. We are all so excited and can't wait.
I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Please give me a big bag of
Shiffysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Shiffysmom -- WELCOME! I think we understand not being able to put down your weight right now. For me, dealing with my obesity is an ongoing endeavor. I'm still recognizing ways in which I was in denial about a lot of stuff!

There's a lot of support here and we're happy to have you join us. You'll see a bunch of numbered threads "300+ and ready to try...again" This is where most of the chatter around here takes place. It can be a little intimidating at first, as we keep about 400 conversations in the air at once, but really feel free to jump in. We don't bite, and we support each other through everything!
We also have an "Old Hens" thread for those of us over 40. You are welcome to join one or both numbered threads!!!

Also, There are a few threads stickied to the top you might want to look at, including the "newbies" info, some great links for getting started, and a place for introducing yourself if you're interested. Check them out!!!!

Also, if you're interested in starting exercise, there's an exercise thread stickied at the top of the page. We try to set goals of MINUTES of exercise per month (the exercise is up to you -- lifting cans a million times per Catherine's suggestion would work!). Then we post our exercise and also track the group minutes. Last year we got close to 200,000 minutes of exercise and I hope we go over this year!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 AM   #3  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Welcome!!!!

I really hoope that you enjoy it here!!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:34 AM   #4  
Charlene

Thank you for the welcome Wyllenn and LookingForHope16.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #5  

This is a great support group...glad you joined in!
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #6  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

This is a great place!!!

Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Here you go Hope that's enough to get you started, if not, I'll happily give you some more. It sounds like you don't need it though, you sound plenty motivated already. Which diet are you going to follow, or are you just going to take baby steps by cutting out junk food etc? Whatever you choose to do I hope you will be successful at it. I bet you are aiming to look a lot smaller, ready for all the photos that will be taken in July when you become a grand mother for the first time on that wonderful news.

I hope you'll be really happy here,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #8  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

Colleen
colneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 AM   #9  
Charlene

Thank you everyone for the welcome.
Ammi, I am taking baby steps. Cutting out eating out is a biggie for us. I started drinking water, that is huge for me. I really don't like water at all. But, I will survive! Yes, I definately want to be smaller by the time my grandbaby is born. Thanks for the congrats on the baby.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Shiffysmom - Welcome! I think most of us got to be the size we are because we kept our heads in the sand. The great thing about this place is that when you come up for air and look around, there are a bunch of other people here who understand.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #11  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Hi Grandma!

At 44 I am also one of the "youth challenged chickies" (I emphatically deny being an "old hen" ) We have a lot of fun here and get a bit of tough love at times too. As long as YOU know what that number is that's really all that matters, but I avoided the scale for the longest time because I didn't even want to know. Ouch, but it got better.

and jump right in!
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #12  
Charlene

Thank you Nancy and Karen.