Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- you certainly SOUND committed, saying yes to all the yummy food and getting in that extra exercise. You're a in my book!

I'm still eating more than I probably should be, so I am compensating by getting in more exercise. I have started doing elliptical afeter my weight training to burn some of those extra calories off. I am hoping to be able to maintain this weight over time!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #92  

Ammi i am pretty sure what is wrong with my legs is turning out to be just arthritus which is bad enuff but at least i can deal with that. i had a nice visit from sister so i have been busy running here and running there. will take the rest of today to rest and do some cleaning then tomorrow i will be back on the treadmill...food wise i have been doing good.. i did not cave in to the pizza craving this time lol!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #93  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Heather, Congrats on your size 12's. I am so impressed. I am amazed at how motovating everyone else's achievements are to me.

Valerie, I just know you're gonna look HOT for that wedding. I can't wait to hear the stories about how envious the ex and step daughter feel. :-)

Patti, I'm very glad your leg is feeling better. WTG on not giving in to the pizza.

Ammi Hi Honey! Girl, I am so proud of you for not giving in to all that yummy and naughty food Daren bought. But shame on him for tempting you. You must tell him I said he's a nuaghty boy for doing that.

Annie, Maybe you can steal away for a nap in between laundry loads. I'm about half way through mine. Y'all know how I HATE laundry.

Sharon, my goodness, you were robbed of sleep too? Poor thing. Does Aiden go down for a nap? Would he take a nap if he could cuddle with you? I love naps on cold, windy, and snowy/rainy days.

Brenda, WTG on your exercise. I'm so far behind this week in exercise and my water.

Sabrina, Glad to meet you and glad you're hear. This is just an amazing site isn't it?

Well, I've been op food wise all week. Work has been very difficult. There's lot of
politics going on right now and I just hate that kinda stuff. One of the women at work lost her husband Thursday night and another lost her dad Friday during the afternoon.
Everyone is upset. Add that to the politics and it makes for a very, very bad week.
My heart hurts so badly for my friends. The one had been married for 33 years. He passed in his sleep in his own bed next to her.
Sorry to be such a bummer, my friends. I did get in some exercise this morning and I'm gonna go hope on the gazelle and then hit the shower....and them more laundry.
Til later,
Old 01-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #94  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

BRENDA -
Quote:
Valerie~ Good for you trying to stay on track. The easy part is saying yes. The hard part is saying no! Just like highschool and boys!!!
BOYS??? ...Um, whuddya mean I was supposed to say 'no'?
Oh, don't worry - I know what you mean.

ANNIE, SHARON, There's one very easy way that I know of to put myself to sleep when I can't sleep. Just set the alarm clock for twenty minutes from now. Nothing puts me out quicker than hearing that thing go off.

Ladies, I have a "To Do" list as long as my arm. I hope I get back again soon, but also hope to have done some sweatin' and puffin' in the meantime. (No not that! I meant on my treadmill!! No tanning booths! No cigars! )
Old 01-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #95  

thanks Sandy it was hard but i did it .. i am trying to be good for awhile but it aint easy!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #96  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi ladies. Just popping real quick. I don't come on as often because this site is very addicting to me. I can be on here all day. Next thing I can, an hour or two has passed and the things that I was supposed to be getting done are not getting done.

I got TOM this week so I didn't weight although I don't recall if I told you guys that my starting weight for the year was 309, less that I expected but obviously more than I would like to be. I didn't weigh in this week because of TOM and depending on when it ends, I may not weigh in next week either. But I do want to make it my goal to bring breakfast and lunch to work with me this week. I'll eat healthier and save money. My favorite combination. LOL

Oh yeah, and I love the idea of the weekly thread. The older way I never liked anyway.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #97  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses View Post
BOYS??? ...Um, whuddya mean I was supposed to say 'no'?
Oh, don't worry - I know what you mean.
I know what she means, too...
"NO, you're doing it wrong!"
"NO, don't leave your dirty socks on the floor!"
"NO, I do not want you to really be honest when I ask you if I look fat!"
Old 01-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Annie - dear friend if you feel like you have lost weight and those rings are smaller then i am sure you have lost weight. Bite the bullet, make sure you go to your WW class next weekend and you will see just how much weight you have LOST

Heather - forgive me turning this into a mutual admiration society, but YOU are a in my book too, Queen of motivation, of willpower, and most importantly of not quitting!!

That's great that you are working out on the eliptical now as well, you are definitely NOT going to be gaining any weight that's for sure.

After my post to you I felt guilty for not exercising on the weekends. So I am compromising and will now exercise on Saturdays but have a rest day on Sundays

Patti - oooh arthritis is nasty, what makes you think that's the problem? I've heard that Cod Liver Oil capsules daily really helps taken long term, my ex FIL used to swear by them.

I hope you are enjoying the day with your sister, and your break from the treadmill too

Sandy - I passed your message onto Daren He looked suitably chastised

Good for you for exercising today, I am sure with all the bad news you've had that you could easily have just given it a miss. Well done for persevering

Tracey - that sounds like a good plan taking your lunch and breakfast to work. As you said, it's good for the diet AND the pocket with your WI whenever it is that you get to have it.

Jill - loved your post, it made me laugh

Big hugs to everybody and goodbye for today, unless I sneak on later

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #99  

hmmm i might have to buy some of those capsules if isee them... my lower back, legs and knees are killing . arthritus does run in my family i can feel it all over today lol. yes i had a nice visit but its back to treadmill in the morning!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #100  

Sandy -- I know what you mean about getting motivated and inspired by everyone else's losses -- that's one of the many reasons I love it here!

So sorry to hear about your friends though. Makes you want to hold your loved ones close.

Tracy -- I know what you mean about this place being addicting, but please don't disappear on us!

Ammi -- OMG, if we keep motivating each other like this, we will both be exercising hours every day!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Heather - I'm not sure I could cope with more exercise just yet but feel free to carry on being such a motivation and I'll do the same

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #102  

Ammi -- Oh no, that's okay, I'm doing enough exercise as I can bear it seems!!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #103  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. i like the way the threads are running now, i feel as if i can at least keep up with things, although im not sure i can do personals anytime soon. Congratulations to all the losers, and to everyone who had a NSV and to anyone trying to become healthier!
As i mentioned last week, my place of employment is having a Biggest Loser type contest. Well i am very proud to report, that out of 50 teams, my team is number 2 im sure the numbers will change every week but this was such a great way for me to start, that i feel like anything is possible! i am doing very well with food, and i am excersising every night, either an excersise tape, walking or the gazelle. i swear, reading everyones posts, has REALLY inspired and motivated me to continue on this journey of good health.
Here are a few personals, if i didnt include you, PLEASE forgive my overworked brain
HEATHER: i am so impressed and happy for you on the size 12's!! Actually that is my goal. i started this journey wearing a size 24, so a 12 would be awesome for me!
AMMI: Good job avoiding the food, you should be proud. sometimes its hard to eat something different than everyone else.
TOOFATFORU: speaking of pizza, have you ever tried the Lean Cuisine pizza? they are wonderful,and satisfy your urge for pizza for like 300 calories! hope your legs feel better soon
DOGPAL: you go girl! im sure you have lost wt if your rings are falling off. your doing a great job, im proud of you and you should be proud as well
SANDYBAR: im sure you will look lovely at the wedding, theres no doubt in my mind
EVERYONE ELSE: hope you all are doing well. dont give up, we are in this together
hope everyone has a great weekend. i need to go excersise. my weigh in is wednesday and i hope that i continue to see a loss
Peace and Happiness
Old 01-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sandy: So sorry that work is not going so great for you. Hope it gets less stressful very soon.

Tracey: Hi, welcome back.

Kymberly: Good luck on the contest. #2 team is awesome! You go.

Everyone else,

Blessings and have a great op weekend.
Annie
Old 01-14-2007, 07:29 AM   #105  

Hey everyone-

I miss coming here! I have been so busy with all of the move stuff. I hope once we get moved things will get back to a somewhat normal. Well we are done with most of the cleaning out and heavy packing. The actual movers will be here on Feb. 1. So now that I am done with all that I want to try to at least get my walking in everyday. And I can't wait to workout on actual work out equipment! I never thought I would actually miss being able to go to a gym!

I hope all of you had a good weekend!
Closed Thread