Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again ... #1087

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.
We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

Last edited by Heather; 01-08-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #2  

Default New Info in thread info...

Hey all -- Based on your feedback, I changed the info posted in the intro to the thread to reflect better what goes on around here. What do you all think??

Whoever starts the next thread, use the new info!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #3  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Wyllenn -- I like it!! Thanks for changing things up a bit. Just one more suggestion, can we add it so that guys feel welcomed?

Welcome to the new Rooster on board!! Glad to see you here!!

Sandy -- The one that Amanda has on her stomach is huge. The dr is not sure that if it is just one. Her stomach on the right side sticks out at LEAST 6 inches greater than the left. She has another knot behind her ear, it could be the same thing. I can't find much information about them. She had a CT scan and NOTHING showed up on it. We went to a different ER and he started feeling her stomach and in about 10 mins he had told her what it was and had her lined up to see the surgeon so that we can see if it has to be removed. PLEASE keep us in your thoughts!! We start school Tusday and this news is shattering. She's gonna start classes and hopefully be able to finish them.

Everyone else -- Glad to see all of the NSV's that everyone is having. Not to many my self. I did have a small one that I will share, I bought me a pair of one size down pants and they fit. That is kinda odd because no weight change here.

Hoping that things are great!!

Erika Leigh
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:20 AM   #4  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good morning everyone, i havent posted in a few days, but i have been trying to read and keep up with all the posts. Welcome to all the new people! I started my Biggest Loser at work last week and i am proud to say, i have been 100% on board with food and excersise. When we did our first official weigh in last week, i was extremely depressed to see that my scale at home is like 10lbs off. Overall i still lost but i wasnt as low as i thought i was. Anyway, i am totally committed to becoming healthy and lighter this year. I am really watching my food intake and calories, and i can see why i have gained in the past. Excersise wise, i am doing either the Gazelle or Richard simmons tapes. So hopefully i will see some results
Zelma: i am so sorry to hear about your father. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
There is no way i can do personals right now since i have missed so many posts, but i just want to say congratulations to all the "losers" and to tell everyone, not to give up. The interesting thing is even though i weigh more than i thought, i am wearing smaller clothes, i guess its all the excersise i used to do, which makes me really want to keep it up. Besides i feel so much better when i eat healthy and excersise.
Have a wonderful day, and i am really going to try to stay more involved.
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I feel like I have been away so long seeing as I am SO behind on the posts. It's only been a matter of days, but it feels like months. I love you all, but there's no way I can catch up with all that's been said What I will say is to all the new people, to everybody who only had small gains or no gain over Christmas, and to those that have been losing the lbs and/or exercising, and finally to those that haven't been doing well either on their diets or in their personal lives lately.

As for me, I was OP all last week but didn't exercise because I was just too darn lazy OK I had a cough and cold too, but if I REALLY wanted to I think I could have pushed myself to exercise. I did walk to the shops one day instead of getting a bus, so that's something Thankfully being OP on it's own paid off anyway and I lost 2 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that seeing as I really was only expecting to maintain.

The kids are back to school this week, one today, the other tomorrow and I am SO looking forward to getting back into my routine. Today I got up early and have done my first daily half an hour on my Gazelle. I put on a new CD that I had for Christmas and I was on my way lol. I really enjoyed working out after a bit more than two weeks of being a lazy thing. I am really looking forward to shifting the last of this excess weight this year, but one step at a time, got to reach that 100 lbs lost milestone, just 7 lbs to go

Erica - I haven't had chance to read all the posts, but I can see from what you wrote to Sandy that Amanda is having some worrying health issues. I hope she will be ok.

Kymberly - glad to see you back here too, and well done on being 100% OP with the diet and exercise. Sorry that the scales at work showed you 10 lbs up from what your scale says. Why can't all scales say the same thing You shouldn't let it get you too down though because when all's said and done, no matter what the scales say you are doing so brilliantly

Heather - I love the new intro post, it's really great. I agree with Erica though that it might be a good idea to actually put that guys are welcome here. There always seems a bit of confusion when they join as to whether they are welcome or not.

Ok well I am going to go now, but I will check in later today and hopefully from now on I will be able to keep up with how fast these threads are flying

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hmm...I may have missed a thread or 2 over the weekend...anyway, I'm here now!

Erika--eek...I hope Amanda is okay! With how much easier they've made surgeries nowadays (lots of things can be done laproscopically with tiny little incisions), I hope she will be okay to finish her classes

futurediva--you never know...maybe it's the work scale that is off, not your home scale In any case, you're weight is lower than it was when you started, and that's according to ANY scale, so you're doing great!

Ammi--congrats on the -2...only 7 more to go for the big 1-0-0...that is so exciting!!!

Heather--I think the new addition to the opening message is perfect. I can definitely understand, though, how a male might be intimidated by our group of 99% chicks

As for me, the old Jill appeared last night We came home from our weekend trip to my sister's, and I entered in all of the food for the day into Fitday like a good girl. I had had a milkshake and some junk, but I had done it knowingly and carefully and had planned for it well enough that it all fit into my calories for the day. So that should have been that, right? Oh, no, thatwould be too easy...instead, I take out a bag of soy crisps, and Jeff and I split the bag (only 3 servings per bag, so that's not too horrible). But that wasn't enough...I then took out the organic tortilla chips I had leftover from my TOPS party and finished the bag (Jeff did have some, but still...). I wasn't hungry at all--I ate because they were there. It's really scary that I can got 2 months with complete control and still lose like that in the blink of an eye. Anyway, back on track today--can't let a little slip turn into an avalanche!

Oh, and my fingers are tingly this morning. This used to happen on Friday mornings when I would have a whole 12" Subway sub, soda (about 3/4 diet and 1/4 regular Coke in the cup), and 2 big cookies at 9pm (after my TOPS meeting). I thought it was the extra sugar that might be the culprit, but I didn't have sweets last night at all, so I'm wondering if maybe all the sodium (in the soy crisps and tortilla chipa) may actually be to blame. My fingers never get completely numb, and it only happens to my fingers, not my toes. Actually, this morning, it's only my left hand fingers. I dunno...in any case, whatever ingredient may be the cause, the solution is to stop overeating late in the evening (well, stop overeating at any time of day, really, but I only get the tingly fingers when I got right to sleep after overeating).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #7  

Jill - you said that the old Jill appeared last night, but something tells me that the old Jill would have done far more than eaten some soy crisps and organic tortilla chips!! As for the tingly feelings in the fingers and toes, did you only ever get it after eating, do you ever notice your fingers or toes feel cold when the rest of you is warm? Just wondering because a friend of mine had tingly 'digits' and it turns out she had something called Raynauds Disease. Hopefully you don't have that, but it might be worth checking out just in case

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-08-2007, 09:05 AM   #8  
Here Goes...

S/C/G: 315/309/120

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Goodmorning!
I wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcomes over the weekend. It's really lovely to see such an accepting, encouraging and supportive community.
I read through some of the older threads yesterday and afterwards I felt inspired to get off the couch (once I start the day there it's hard to climb out) and start moving.
I also read some of you talking about fitday and discovered what a useful tool this can be (thank you! ). However I can see one danger, I started entering items in yesterday morning and then it made me hungry and I ended up getting a little carried away with consuming some of the healthy foods I was searching for on the site and went over my total calories. I'm guessing it's better to enter everything in at the end of the day, is that how most of you do it?
Anyway I just wanted to drop a line and thank you all for your entries and inspiration, it definitely makes this challenge seem a little more attainable. Have a great Monday!
-casey
Casey920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #9  

good morning everyone and congratulations on the weight losses and also on all the efforts made!had a pretty good OP day yesterday and will do so today. got in 30 minutes on my treadmill this morning despite bum leg. gonna show my knee some respect this week and keep it at a minimum of thirty and see what happens. anyways i am off now to take some aspirin for the pain. see you later2
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  

Casey - hi and a belated welcome from me I am glad reading through some old posts helped to inspire you to get yourself up from the couch and start moving. This place is full of so many inspiring people, I have never done so well on a diet until I met everybody here. It's so good to be able to share what sometimes seems to be too big a weight loss journey with people who know exactly how I feel. So good too to see all the success stories. I love it here!

As for FitDay I have never used it, but if you did start thinking too much about food when you were logging it then I think maybe you will still think too much about it even if you log it last thing at night. I reckon you should do it straight after you have a meal, or right before you are due to eat one, that way you won't have to eat anything over your calories

Patti - glad to hear your leg is ok enough to go on the treadmill, hope that 30 minutes doesn't set you back. Take care of yourself ok

Ok it's time for me to go get my second lot of Gazelle Riding in now Be back later...

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #11  

Hey everyone-

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent mine pretty much cleaning out the office. But I got a major work out from it. I had to move books and dust. I was happy that I kept up some movement constantly for about four hours. So many of you say to take baby steps with just making a point to move. That really seems to be helping me. I think tommorow we are going to go out and take more pictures. Maybe I will post some if I get a chance. It will be warm tommorow high will be -20!!!!

WYLLENN~The change you made to the intro looks great! I know when I first started here it was a little overwhelming how fast the thread moves.

ZELMA~Thinking and praying for ya hun.

And Welcome to anyone new or returning!

And congrats on any losses or NSVs! So many of you are doing awesome!
You are all so inspiring!

Everyone have a good Monday!
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #12  

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I made a small change to tell guys they are welcome...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #13  

feeling better about my little ole 30 minute workout. i was depressed because my knee wouldnt let me do more than i read on WebMD website 30 minutes can be just as beneficial as longer work outs. think i will go add some leg lifts to my day just to be safe. anyone who wants to read the article go to WebMD.
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK View Post
Jill - you said that the old Jill appeared last night, but something tells me that the old Jill would have done far more than eaten some soy crisps and organic tortilla chips!! As for the tingly feelings in the fingers and toes, did you only ever get it after eating, do you ever notice your fingers or toes feel cold when the rest of you is warm? Just wondering because a friend of mine had tingly 'digits' and it turns out she had something called Raynauds Disease. Hopefully you don't have that, but it might be worth checking out just in case
You're right--I would have eaten work junk than soy and organic corn But I only ate those because I didn't have anything "junkier" in my apartment Actually, now that I think about it, I could have delved into the ice cream in the freezer (full-sugar, full-fat, full-flavor vanilla that I use to make milkshakes for Jeff), but I didn't, so I know it was still an improvement over what I would have done in the past.

My toes never get tingly, just my fingers, and it's only after I've overeaten and then slept. If I eat a lot for breakfast, for example, I don't get the feeling--it's only when I eat a lot at night and then go to bed shortly after--that's when I wake up with tingly fingers. It really is the strangest thing...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #15  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Morning gang, I'm signing on for one last time before heading out to Banff. I'll be gone until late Wednesday. I'm hoping to be able to maintain while gone, so wish me luck.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote