Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #61  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Morning everyone

Mother - hang in there, look how far you've come . . . I am a bit jealous and very excited for you . . . hang in there

Wyellen and CC thanks for the kind words.

Yes more energy and pinging off the walls, which means less couch potato time, WooHoooo!!

Still afraid to hit the scales, maybe Monday, that will be two weeks, can I hope for 5 pounds, I don't even know what is realistic . . I think I need to up my exercise time to burn off some of this energy . . . .

The goals continue:

H2O, eat healthy and crunches - Day 12
30 min exercise - Day 6

Everyone have a GREAT and HEALTHY DAY!!!!

S. Diane
Old 01-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #62  

OOOOPS

HEATHER -

WAY to GO, I can't wait until I'm in size 12

Keep going!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #63  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi ladies!

Apparently in celebration of my visit here with you, several chickadees have suddenly appeared on my bird feeder. I haven't seen any in several days, but there they are!

TERRI, What a wonderful, kick-in-the-pants goal for you to work towards! Spring will be here before we know it, and it will be SO much fun to ride again! Neat that you already have plans to get started.

LILION, can't remember where you said it, but you've got a real roll going on with your I.M.!! I knew there'd be a romance with that sweet machine once you gave it a chance! OK, maybe 'romance' and 'sweet' aren't QUITE the right words. ConGRATulations on your ongoing success in any case.

I'm having a busy morning cleaning & stuff around the house. Bill is home for the weekend and I let him take off with my car, so I can't escape from my homebody duties today. I just thought I'd stop for a bite of veggie-meatloaf, suck down some water and say HI! to you gals before jumping on the TM or something else constructive... like cleaning the cat box. I like cats, but dispise cat boxes. However, I gave my friend Barb a month of litter box cleaning duties as a Christmas present. She was thrilled. I'm glad one of us is.

Chug chug chug that agua. I hope to get back here soon.

By the way, anybody watch 20/20 last night? Another pair of doctors with yet another 'breakthrough' solution to weight loss. But I was interested in what they were saying about belly fat. Especially because it happened to come on while I was actually sweating away on my TM.

See ya - luv ya all!!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Valerie -

Was that the "You on a Diet" pair of doctors? I had DVR'd their show on Discovery Health from a couple of weeks ago. I just watched that this afternoon. I too was interested because of the belly fat, because as mentioned before, that is where most of my fat is. I found the eating plan to be basically the same thing as WW Core, Prevention's diet, and South Beach- healthy proteins, whole grain carbs, fruits and veggies and eliminate the saturated fats, processed foods and SUGAR. This program showed four people who followed the plan for 90 days. The docs were more concerned about the waist measurement than the scale. They all lost 5-8 inches off their bellies and averaged 18 pounds in those 90 days.

I found the measuring tape and took that measurement. I've never been great with doing regular measurements but I can concentrate on one. I was not happy with the reality. But I'll own it.

Its sleeting again. Its turned into the frozen tundra here.

I'm off to do some ironing and then work in my office room. I will definitely do cardio sometime today. My goal is to be up to 60 minutes on the stationary bike before the end of this month.

Enjoy the day!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #65  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Yeah, Terri, that was the show I was talking about. I thought the exact same thing aabout the basic eating plan. They were EMPHATIC about the trans-fats, understandably so. I need to pay more attention to avoiding those poisons. But the whole thing about the belly fat being more 'alive' and actively blocking the body's insulin, causing diabetes, and pressing on the kidneys was enlightening. I had heard that one of the things impacting men and (in the past at least) giving them a higher rate of heart problems than women, was that men tend to carry so much of their extra weight right in the belly whereas women tend to gain it in the fanny and everywhere. The belly weight has a more direct impact on the heart function. That would go along with the sort of things the "You on a Diet" docs were saying about measuing waists instead of watching the scale as much.

Uh-oh. BIll's home, and I haven't done a rootin' tootin' thing I said I was gonna do. Bad Valerie.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #66  

Smile

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Thought I should stop by and post while I was browsing. I may be a lot more scarce in the future...the bosses are coming down rather hard on those of us who are behind on our work...which is EVERYONE...not that you'd know it by their attitude. They act as though it is an individual problem, not a unit-wide problem, which it is. Whatever. Point is I'm going to work myself into the dirt for the next few months in order to keep my job. While doing so I'm also updating my resume. I'm tired of this cr@p.

Had a fattening dinner out last night and enjoyed every bite! Having the left overs tonight. Got nearly as many points in beer...needed that after the work day I had!

Mother: Dear don't feel bad at all about the gain or your reaction to it. You needn't plan for "failure" either. Gains are normal and expected. The failing comes in when you say "Oh, I gained! I'm worthless. I can't do this. I give up." Until you give up, you have not failed! Welcome back - now full speed ahead!

Terri: We've got some ice, but not too bad yet. But I see my Weatherbug icon flashing as I type...so we'll see. Probably good I brought work home with me.

Valerie: Thanks for the kind words, although I'm rather sure that "romance" is WAY too strong of a word for my feelings for the IM!

I'm quite glad belly fat is not my main problem. In fact, I'm one of those pear-shaped chicks who's belly is relatively flat. Now if they figure out how to eat to get rid of Butt Fat - you guys cue me in!

I did not do the IM today and am quite happy about it! In fact, DH and I slept to 10:30 and lazed about in jammies until he had to get ready for work at 3! I did manage to take down the Xmas tree. That's all I've accomplished. Later plans include eating, watching tv and MAYBE doing some yoga. And probably office work, dammit.

I did make myself a Dr appt about the wearing out on the IM. I think that I freak myself out with the whole high heart rate and arrythmia thing. I need him to tell me aerobic exercise isn't going to kill me. Then I'll be able to work harder.

Well all, time for me to go. I know I intended to do a bit more on here, but I forget. Think it's time for more coffee!

to all!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #67  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings Ladies,

This week was better than last. I did sabotage myself a few times though.

Today I hit the grocery store and stocked up on OP food. I've got my meals pretty much planned for next week. Preplanning helps me a lot so I try to plan my meals ahead if I can. Then I came home, did some laundry and cleaned. We got a ft. of snow on Wed. now, I swear there's a foot of mud. Since there are eight muddy paws tracking in said mud, there's dust everywhere. Tonight, tomorrow and Monday our forecast is for sleet, freezing rain and some ice. YUCK!

If the weather is decent on Wed. I'm going to rejoin WW. They're having a join for free thing and WW Online just doesn't work for me. I need to attend meetings.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #68  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Ladies, Thanks so much for all the encouraging words, it lifts the spirit indeed!
We have the flu at our house, yuk, I wouldn't wish this one on my worst enemy. I had it last week and now my husband does. I hope no one else gets it as there are five other people living here and that would be bad.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #69  
Hang In There

I'm still here, but trying to get used to my new laptop. I am so proud to have it, but the keyboard takes getting used to again
Old 01-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #70  
Hang In There

I'm still here, but trying to get used to my new laptop. I am so proud to have it, but the keyboard takes getting used to again
The attitude is still going good. I don't think the scales movedhere this week, but I'm still hanging in there.

Dallas is bracing itself for a ice storm. They say it will be bad. Sounds bad. Our church actually cancelled services for tomorrow. We have quite a lot of elderly people and our church and parking lots are on hills, so it it's bad it is impossible to get to. This way we don't have to get up and worry about whether or not we need to try it.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #71  

Good night everyone;

I accomplished all my goals, water, crunches and eat healthy - Day 13 and 30 min exercise - Day 7, ONE WEEK, OK so it's a start and actually I ended up doing 40 min, so that made me happy I could do 40 min.

Still afraid to weigh myself . . . but am planning on Monday AM, that will be two complete weeks. I look at the scale and I want to know, but I don't . . . does anyone else have this problem???

:congrats: to everyone stay on track and for those who have had a slip, hang in there, get back up and keep moving . . .
Old 01-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #72  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Thanks everyone for sharing long-term goal strategy.

Mother, HANG IN HERE! (Not "there"---"here"--keep coming back!) I swear, even though I've been mostly stalled, I do believe posting in here daily or as close to daily as I can helps me keep on track SOME. It keeps the things I need to do present in my mind. Stick around, we all know what you're going through. Hand in THERE and HERE too. HUGS!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #73  
Hang In There

Well the ice storm didn't come. So I'm here on Sunday morning, no Church to go too. I thing the last time I didn't go to Church on Sunday was in 2002 whe oleAlvin was in the hospital. got so many things I could do that I decided to just sit here and play with my new laptop. The keyboard is so much sensitive than I remember my old one being, and so much smaller than the regular keyboard I've been using, it is being quite a challenge. And besides I've got lots of programs to load too, so maybe this wasn't a bad choice. Much more plesant than changing cat litter!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi chicks,

Well Barb, we've got your ice storm. Its sleeting again. We didn't go to church either. Doesn't seem to bother the horses. But we've got a solid base of sleet about 3 inches deep. So I was out this morning on the 4-wheler seeing if I could do donuts in the pasture. Yep. DH was not impressed. I had fun though. I might be 46 but I'm not dead yet.

I've been working on my clothes sorting project. Been watching DVR'd episodes of Dog Whisperer. Done a couple loads of laundry. And finished a Push.tv workout. Looking at my exercise log, I am almost 300 minutes more than I was at this time last month. This is good! I still have cardio to do this afternoon. I have some office work to do too.

DH fixed cornish hens, veggies and wild rice for a late lunch, early dinner. Yummy. I need some fruit today too.

I'm off to eat.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #75  

Evening everyone;

Well here goes

Day 14 - water, crunches and eat healthy - DONE
Day 8 - 30 min exercise - DONE

I've decided to weigh myself tomorrow . . . I think I need a bit of concrete motivation . . . just hope the scale moves .

Be careful on that ice 3", I'm in Minnesota and we have a patch of snow here and there . . . although it finally got cold this year . . . I don't think winter is coming to Minnesota this year

Everyone have a great Monday
Closed Thread