Old 12-13-2006, 05:21 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30-Something's: Wednesday 12/13

Wednesday, December 13th, 2006

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. - David Viscott
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:52 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 12 Days until Christmas? When did THAT happen?

YOu know, I'd better pay more attention to the days of the week. I was well aware, on the weekend, that we were two weeks to Christmas Eve but as soon as I got bcak into the "daily grind" at work I totally lost track of time. Again. So, I post the banner this morning and it's like "OMG! 12 days?" Fortunately, all I have to do is get a couple more gifts for the DW and maybe something for the cats (DW has it in her head that they need beds this year. ) but we'll see if we run out of time or not.

Having some folks from work over for a little holiday shindig this coming weekend. That means DW is going to be baking up a storm. Just what I need. More holiday goodies. Ah well, I'll get through it. Should be a good time. We've encouraged everyone to bring their kids, so DW and I are going to have to figure out exactly what we can do to entertain them in our small house. We've got coloring utensils (crayons or colored pencils or something like that) and construction paper and other kid-crafty things which have been popular with kids in the past. Age group is (roughly) 4 - 12...

So, the KFC leftovers are now gone so we're now a stinky-chicken free home. It's not my favorite place to eat either, but you know what? Sometimes I do get a craving for their fries and gravy more than the chicken. (I know, the chicken is probably better.) NORMALLY, DW and I don't dine out...and when we do, it's usually PIZZA. But the holidays have us VERY busy and neither of us have the time/energy to really make up anything "good for us" when we get home. Have a beautiful roast that we need to cook up...but it takes SO long to do when you get home after work. Blah. Maybe I'll cook it some night and have it the next night or something. There's always a way.

Anyhoo....weight has been stable, even with the not-so-nice meal choices. Probably has to do with the fact that I am a little more active with the holidays. I think I'm gonna reschedule my mini-goal so that I'm looking at the end of February to loose the remaining 5 lbs. Might even "up the ante" and go back to 10lbs and try to hit the 200lb mark by the end of Feb. We'll think about that AFTER the holidays.

to everyone struggling with stress - holiday and otherwise - or other challenges. (Aw heck, even Stevi can have a even though she's so chipper. ) As Christi said - everything will be normal soon enough. And that's true of the holidays or whatever challenge you're facing. It'll always end and you'll have blue skys and smooth sailing for a time.

Geez....who slipped me a happy pill this morning?

eusebius - Welcome to the group! I grew up in Halifax (NS), but moved to Saint John after I graduated from University, taking a job with the phone company. Hard to believe that was almost 9.5 years ago now.... Now, the funny part is that most of my extended family is in Southern Ontario. (Mom's side mostly around Windsor and Dad's mostly around London.) Small world, eh?

Take it easy everyone. And keep smiling.

We're here for a good time, not a long time.
So have a good time, the sun can't shine every day.

:Lawrence

--
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

eusebius!

Lisa~I guess that my mix up yesterday shows just about how foggy my brain was and maybe still is...sorry about that, I wish you could have gone to Hawaii too!!

Christi~ to you on the loan!! Glad to hear things are lookin up!

Stevi~your chipper posts have been missed, maybe that was why it was so grumpy here for a few days? Keep bringing your happy arse around, would ya??

Lawrence~So glad that you are feeling less stressed, I wish that I could say the same. Now that I too know christmas is only 12 days away, I am feeling a little more pressure because I am not sure when I am going to have the time to finish the shopping......I know it will get done, but I am a worrier.

I am having my wine tasting gathering on Saturday, so I am feeling some pressure there. Not sure what I was thinking having that the weekend before christmas, but it is all set, invitations are out so here we go! On top of that, I have a cookie swap with a bunch of girlfriends that day too. I think that I am going to make my cookies on Fri night, then I can just make my swap and get back to prepping for the party sat night. Lots of food to prepare and god knows that the house needs atleast a once-over!!

Add to all of that the fact that I still have not gotten my MIL & SIL, my dad and a few other gifts yet. I have got to get moving on dad's gift as they are in FL and I need to ship it......Why do I do this? I am such a procrastinator!

On a happier note, Alex is doing much better now. He is still on 2 nebulizer treatments a day, Zyrtec and Singulair but sounding and acting much more like the Alex we know. He has always been our source of entertainment around here, quite a character, that one is. We are hoping that we can get him off the neb treatments by the end of the week and that the zyrtec can be dropped sometime in the next month so that he will only be on the singulair and neb's when he needs it. We shall see.

Well, hope you all have a great day! I am going to try to whittle away at my to do list!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #4  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Red face It's gonna be a long one...sorry!

Looks like we're getting more posts...Yay! I've been extremely busy, but have been reading and posting as I can.

I, for one, would like to admit that the holidays are difficult for me in all aspects. The hustle and bustle and stress of it all really zaps me. Trying to fit in all the activities and family gatherings (in 3 different states) is a bit more than I can handle. Forgetting the fact that money is REALLY tight for us; we have to budget for all the gifts as well as all the travel/gas. This doesn't seem to be an issue for the rest of the family (on both sides) so there's not alot of sympathy. It also doesn't help that I get the joy of splitting up the season with my ex-spouse; which significantly reduces the time we have to travel to each destination.

Aside from all that, I have the usual gain of about 7-10 pounds--which I'm NOT GOING TO DO THIS YEAR!! End of story. So far, I've lost about 2 pounds and plan on staying there. I'm just making wise choices, but also allowing myself to enjoy some of the goodies (with limits!).

You know, honestly, I could just do without this whole season . I'm not a big gift giver or receiver, so that's not important to me at all. I know what the reason for the season is all about, but I pretty much celebrate Christ's birth all year long, so it would be okay with me to just skip it. I'm sure I sounds like a scrooge; don't mean to. I know--I know--I'm having a pity party. Just give me a minute............

Okay--all better (NOT!) On to different subject. Ummmm.....

Well, DH has now lost a total of 40 pounds!! Yay! I must admit, I'm a bit jealous. I know for FACT that he's not working half as hard as I am! I think it's that I've lost so much (before now), that I'm down to the "hard part" and he's just getting started. Does that make sense? I sure hope it's true - that's all I've got to go on!!!!

I'm not sure if I've told you guys or not (I think I have...), but I'm going through my 3rd custody battle (now that I think about it, I'm sure I have...). Well, looks like my two older boys are going to live with their dad---MY choice. They have both approached me (separately) and asked if they could. They are at the age that they really respond to dad better. I think there's some real merit to that. At this point, if I DON'T, then I run the risk of creating some real resentment between me and the boys. I will still see them almost 50% of the time, it's just hard. There are so many layers to this, but when it all comes down to it, I am praying about it, but feel that's the way to go. Help?!?!?!? I guess I'm needing some encouragement on this.

Aside from all that (HA!), I'm doing okay.

I REALLY hope I haven't been a downer to everyone. I am usually pretty upbeat, but find myself just trying to stay afloat.

I'll try to post a happier note later
Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

RX, have ya thought about using a crock-pot or slow cooker (same thing) to cook the roast. They even have liners out there so you don't even have to scrub the pan. :Woohoo: We usually add potatos and carrets to the roast and then a salad. Just a thought.

Darcy, I would have like to gone to HI too. Oh well, maybe someother time.

eusebius, We are glad you are here and are looking forward to getting to know you too.

Fit, we were posting at the same time. Maybe you could have the people in the other states come to you? (Less travel, more money for you) I can see why you would be down. I am glad I didn't have children with my ex (not that I didn't want them). That must be tearing your heart apart.

to everyone else.

Last edited by lppennington; 12-13-2006 at 09:44 AM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #6  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile My Happier Post!

Okay - Pity party is over....

Eusebius ~ Glad to have ya....

Lisa ~ Olah...thanks for the encouragement and kind words. All will be okay. I'll make it through.

RX ~ Glad that at least YOU got your "happy pill" today. Can ya share? Have fun this weekend with all the guests!

Nail ~ Wine Tasting! My favorite! That mine and DH's hobby. On Labor Day weekend, we escaped to a weekend getaway and spent the whole time doing wine tours

Ya'll have a great day!
Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #7  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone ...
Thanks for the warm welcome!! Clearly this is a great group of people and I'm really happy to have found you.

Just cooking up a batch of lentil soup right now ... I'll have some for lunch and then freeze the rest. The hot soup should be good for me. I have been a bit under the weather ... there are a million colds going around right now it seems.

RX - it truly is a small world! Another coincidence - we also had KFC this weekend But that is it for me, too!! I like your attitude to the holidays. "This too shall pass" as the saying goes! WTG on keeping your weight stable!

Darcy - So what time should I be there for the wine tasting? Actually not this weekend for me anyway ... I'm on Wave 1 of Sonoma and I get to do the wine with meals thing next week. Sounds like you have quite the weekend coming up ... I hope you will be able to take some time for yourself to destress. How old is Alex? Good to hear he is doing better.

Fit - I am so impressed by all the progress you've made and your great attitude in the midst of all these challenges ... I mean, 53 POUNDS, that's just amazing!!! You will get through this and it is OK to vent and talk about it ... that is what we are here for!!

lppennington - Nice to meet you! I love your profile pic - it looks like something from the Book of Kells.

Have a great day everyone!
cheers
eusebius
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Eusebius, I believe so. It is a Celtic sign I know that. My last name is McCartney (no relation to Paul). So I am partial to Irish symbols.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes im still alive just SLAMMED at work as i posted days ago and jessica in looking like a FULL BLOWN prgo LOL im loving it she's so missrable ha ha
just kidding but i told that girl and she was like oh i can handle it
anyways
Hubby graduated
and now i gotta go
but will check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #10  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

I thought I posted here today, or did I post on the wrong thread
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:44 AM   #11  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

BUENO!!
Stoooopid busy day. I was running ALL day long. Convinced DS#1 to let me fix his hair (I'm handy with color) its back to black with a small white streak down the middle. It was bright Blue..I HATED it. He kept it that way for 6 weeks to annoy me I think, It truly looked crappy. Funny thing is, I DID it for him. Yeah, silly eh? Well, he begged, and Begged forever it seemed and I thought OK FINE....Make yourself a target, see how it feels to get too much attention ALL the time and get over it. Well, he's finally over it. Hes' so handsome again. Took 3 hours. LIl feller and I where shopping again earlier in the day...ALMOST DONE!!! HAd to tell DH not to buy me anything cuz I keep buying myself stuff, I know he won't listen but hey...I tryed.

Fit~ Well if this isn't special. You and I seem to have lots in common. My DS#1 and I have been "discussing" his moving in with his Dad for 5 weeks now. It all started when he was grounded for a month for lying to me and his dad about his whereabouts OVERNIGHT. He ended up spending most of the month with his DAd, complaining that " Your uptight about stuff, Dad is way more chill" & finally admitting to having negetive feeling about his new lil brother. He was an only for 14 years...7 of which, it was just me and him. He also mentioned not liking living with DH and on and on. At 1st I felt TERRIBLE, my poor baby. Then 36 seconds later I thought, how self centered is this kid? Things arn't JUST as he'd like so just leave??? I told him, do what you have to, nothing over here is gonna change. You have a lil brother now, you have a Step father, you have a FAMILY. Things change...the always will, YOU need to stick it out and adjust. Its not all about just YOU. Then I told him that the minute he decides to go, for sure, he'll change schools. I live in Orange County. Dad lives in LA county. DS#1 was trying to find a way to get the best of both and have DAd drive him 15 miles every morning to school. NOPE. If your going, your gonna commit and stay til you graduate. PERIOD. He's still thinking it over. I'm totally OK with it. No where is it written I have to do it all..all the time. Dads a lil leary, it'll be weird for me but really good for the both of them.
Oh and I feel ya on the X-mas thing. I hate being pressured to find a nice gift for someone...I'm more the " Ooo look what I found for you, here" types of people
ZX~ Yeah, what Lisa said....Slow Cooker. I used that thing 3-4x weekly to feed the boy when I was working. Throw it in in the morning and WA la!
DArcy~ So glad he's feeling better. Thats ALOT of meds for him NOT having asthma. DS#1 has never taken Zyrtec AND singular at the same time. Its always either/or. Hmmm....

Got a Gig Fri and BAptism SAt. YIKES. Planning has gone well. DH actually thought hed' do the planning...um yeah right, we'd still be waiting. He even got irritated at his Mom cuz she was asking about the details and He hadn't done a thing. Thats when I took over. I've never done this so hopefully its all good! Ok I'm off to bed..

love, hugs and smooches to all!!!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote