Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Chat Tuesday: December 5

Good Morning everyone!!!
Lauren-They are in the process of filming their shows for Disney..They film in N.O. I dont think they are going to run until Jan/Feb..They have a new CD comming out with Disney records called "Juice Box Heroes" in Jan. and then another CD with the Doodlebops/Wiggles/Bear etc together..They are just the nicest guys..K is having a IM cake and party on Saturday..(early so MIL won't attend)

Snow--wow..I couldnt imagine that..
Darcy--Glad the meds are working better..It is much harder with the cold weather to keep them well...
Rx--Keep the chin up..Maybe not weigh daily and U could not see the temp gains???
Off to work---Take care all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Welcome to the Great White North, eh?

Yesterday we received our first winter storm. Yay. I hate snow. Of course, we did get off better than some of the other communities in the Canadian east. We got about 15cm (6") while some other places got in upwards of 30cm (1'). To top it off, ours was mixed with a good lot of rain, so what is down is kinda slushy. (Typical for this time of the year.) I'm not shovelling. Not yet...that'll come sooner than later.

So, it's amazing how little things can affect your mood. For example, we moved floors at the office over the weekend. My new cube is about 2x the size of my last one and my desk about twice as large. I did a little rearranging of the furniture to make it such that my BACK wasn't to the DOOR (prime heart attack configuration) and now it feels just plain awesome. Made for a good mood yesterday.

And today, I think I might have shook my 2-3 day headache. *groans* I can still feel it hovering in the background but I hope I can keep it pushed away... Just keep me pumped full of the drugs and I'll survive.

Weight loss -- story is the same. I know I'm indulging in too much of the Christmas Cheer around the office. Cookies and Brownies and all kinds of yummy sweets. I'm managing to maintain but just barely. My weigh in and my trend weight for today are *exactly* the same. No room for error tomorrow, so expect me to be when I post next.

Anyway - off to get ready for work. Everyone have a great day.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!

Well, we are on another 2 hr delay due to snow again today! It is really coming down this morning, calling for another 4-8 inches in just the next couple of hours. We tend to fall into the middle of the ranges where I live, so that's not too bad. We had about 18 inches yesterday, but the sun came out and it settled down to about 10 on the ground last night, so we will have a good amount when this week is over because they are calling for snow every day.

Lawrence~Very cool on the new office digs!! Sorry to hear that you have been dealing with a long term headache....do you suffer from migraines?

RR~Have fun with K's bday, it should be a good time without the added stress of MIL know's best.

Lauren~I am in upstate NY, about 45 miles north of Syracuse. We get most of the lake effect snows that come off of Lake Ontario, so when we get it, it is usually pretty heavy and wet snow. This time of year is usually the snowiest because the lake is still so warm. Last year our first snowfall landed us about 3ft, yes that's Feet, of snow. I sent picts out to family and friends and they were just shocked. I'll see if I can find one to share.

Holy~hope that you are feeling a little less stressed, spend a little time just for you, that might help.

Well, gonna run and try to do a little online shopping this am, since I have some free time.
Have a great day!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #4  

Ok, here are a couple pict of the snow that fell over night last december. The snow we are getting today is falling so hard that the pictures of it may not end up very different from these.
Be glad you are where you are!

Our House:

Snow Plow:

The boys:

Darcy
Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I have a headache. Today I will be trying to come up with a schedule for us, because otherwise I will go crazy! I'm also taking the boys to Funtime Junction to get some wiggles out this AM.

Darcy, I have a friend that lives in Westfield and gets a lot of that lake effect snow! In fact, he missed my wedding because of it! And a guy I dated years ago had a grandparent that lived in Oswego and I remember he showed me a pic of a snow storm there with like 10 ft. of snow piled up.

Lawrence, Hope the headache goes away. I get a lot of sinus headaches, so I know how those annoying lingering in the background headaches are. I guess I should be happy I'm not at work trying to avoid all the chocolate and goodies that come in!

RR, Oh, OK, I was starting to wonder why I hadn't seen their show! Have fun with the party! Is she having friends from daycare, or is it just a family (minus MIL) thing?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Oh Darcy, I was posting while you posted the pics! I love snow pics...hate snow, but love looking at it! Great pics!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #7  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Mornin'!! I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, even though I meant to!! Got too busy...typical Monday.

Hope everyone is well. I can't believe that Christmas is so quickly approaching! My children give me the countdown every day...ugh.

Darcy ~ LOVE the pics! Here in Texas we don't see much snow---and when we do, it's accompanied by ice. Really messy and dangerous.

Lauren ~ Sorry 'bout the headache! Is it from allergies or kids?!?!? haha

Lawrence ~ That's great news about the larger work area! congrats! Oh how I wish we would move!! I work in a "lab" environment, so everything is really old and dusty. Drives my allergies nuts. They keep telling our group that we're moving into corporate (nice digs!), but we'll see. Won't believe it until it happens......

RR ~ howdy! Did I tell you that my in-laws are in Louisiana? In fact, my BIL graduated from LSU----major Tiger fans. It's actually kinda funny. There's a big rivalry between my BIL and my MIL (she's from Oklahoma, boomer sooner!). We got to Louisiana at least once a month.....if not more. My SS lives in Natchitoches, where my DH was a police officer for 7 years.

Have a great day! Hugs to ALL~~~~~~~~~~~
Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:01 AM   #8  

Well, School is closed for today. You should have heard the shouts of glee coming from the boys when they saw the announcement on TV, I don't think that Santa himself could have had them more excited!

Lauren~We are about 35 miles east of Oswego. I have a vague memory of an unbelievable snow storm back in 1977 where we got about 7 or 8 feet of snow overnight. I think that I only remember that because my parents have some picts of it. DH and I lived out near Rochester 10+ years ago and we had a terrible snow storm while living there too. We had about 6 or 7 feet of snow overnight and the people who were supposed to keep our complex plowed out kind of fell short of staying ahead of the job. SO, they ended up having to hire heavy equipment co. to come in and do the snow removal. We were stuck at home for 3 days with NO way to get out of there. That was back before kids, so as you can imagine, it was pretty tough to find a way to spend our time!

Well, guess that I should find a way to entertain the children. Have a great day!
Darcy
Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Darcy, I lived just east of Cleveland OH for about 10 yrs. I was just to the west of the snow belt area but I worked in it. One year Lake Erie froze over and a cop car got stuck on our street! Now my ex lives in the snow belt and I laugh everytime I hear how much he gets. Molly and I have only gotten dustings and they haven't stuck!

I just want a white Christmas and that's it.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Im here lurking reading lurking just hella busy i'll update later but heres the snap shot
1. made an offer on a house 5brm 3 ba pool spa etc 490,000
2. jessica has bllod work today and full exam tomarrow
3. george's time has started as of friday THANK GOD
4. today is my 6th year wedding anvry and i dont get to spen one moment with my husband till fri night (sucks)
5. HUSBAND graduates from police academy on sat YES!!!!!!!!
and i've gained more weight back nothing's fitting again sigh
TTYL
Hugs
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

ok everyone, i missed it this morning. sorry bout that. tonight i'm going to see if i can complete the last pr of freaking pj's. I'm so annoyed with them. she came by tonight b/c she's been taking them to the dry cleaners and having someone else alter what i've done. wasted my time and sleep on a stupid project. this woman paid me thursday and pretty much demanded taht i go cash the check immediately as she would spend all her money without knowing where it goes. so i got paid but she's having each one dry cleaned and altered to more to what she wants i guess. I'm gonna go get stuff to fix up salad tonight with soup cuz i almost did well eating today but my sugar levels freaked out this afternoon and i had an extra helping of snacks.

give me strength and positive vibes guys, i'm so tired and i'm almost done with this *sighs*

i hope you're all well, the snow looks SNOW much fun LOl ok that's been done a bazillion times.....
707 happy anniversary we've had times when we weren't even together for ours (him being out of the country) but i know how it feels...*hugs*

i'll post in the am if i can!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote