Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default ~~~Week of October 29th~~~

Hello all, I hope your weekend is going well. Just wanted to start the new thread.

Lisa
Old 10-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Everyone.

I hope you enjoyed your extra hour of sleep last night! I did after I finally gave up on getting girlie in her bed. Here's a pic of her that I took yesterday morning:

Well, we are off to find something fun to do!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #3  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Awww, I love seeing all the pictures We have got a beautiful group of kids here HUH? )

I plan to get strict Monday. Something has got to give. If I want to reach my goal by January, I have GOT to stay on plan!!!!

I have know Idea what my weight is. I am gonna try to stay off the scales till Friday, and I will adjust them either way

Later
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Ok movin the ticker today. 193. got 8 lbs til my thanksgiving goal. gotta work hard to get to it...got lots of side projects to work on and i gotta get started.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and have a good week. I'll be reading and catching up in the morning if i can. I should prep breakfast and just throw stuff in the micro instead of cooking LOL...

by the way you all have beautiful kids. I'd post a picture of mine but he's one of the 4 legged kinds LOL

Last edited by Holyteror; 10-29-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Lauren--Have U read the book "The Out of Sync Child"? It is a very good book.(www.out-of-sync-child.com) Even though Peter doesnt have Sensory Processing Disorder it helps to attempt to understand when a child is not the "perfect" child. Believe me, I live it every day..SD #2 had the outburst from he$$ on Saturday, and people just cant quit staring...It makes me nuts with their noses up in the air and their faces twisted in disgust...I just want to slap them...I told DH on Sat, that I had enough and decided to move out..I think I am moving to my mom's until I find a place..IT is a tough situation cuz K just luvs her dad but I am at my wits end....

Ok...hello all....DIet wise, OK...still at the same weight but then again, I havent excercised unless dragging and wrestling an 80lb child counts...
Off to work!!!Stay out of the candy!!!!
RR
Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 AM   #6  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs down Mondays are for Magpies, Maggots and Mangos.

You know, I hate Mondays. The only thing good about them is that you're one day closer to the next weekend. Ugh. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm always so crazy busy on Mondays that it sucks the relaxation from the weekend right out of me. (Of course, all the SAHM's are going to be rolling their eyes at me because they work 7/24/365. I honestly don't know HOW you do it. )

I've been pretty much on plan for a week now and the scale has been rewarding me for my loyalty. I even treated myself to a small bowl of chocolate ice cream yesterday and maintained my "new low". I'm way ahead of schedule for hitting my 10 lbs lost by the end of the year....but don't they say that the first few lbs are the easy ones? Not gonna loose my motivation and will keep up the good fight.

Wife and I are trying a different twist on 'traditional oatmeal' this morning. I brewed a pot of ginger tea last night -- extra strong by leaving the ginger pieces in the water overnight -- and now we're going to cook the oatmeal in the tea. I'm hoping that it'll give the oatmeal a slight ginger flavour. Add to that some diced, canned peaches for *tah dah* Ginger Peach Oatmeal. I'll let everyone know tomorrow if we're making it again or if we fed it to the compost bin.

Breakfast is always a hassle for us -- we don't know what to make. Anyone out there have any suggestions for quick, easy and low cal??

Christina - Glad I can entertain. I figure what's the point of posting grumpy all the time....so when I'm in a moderately good mood, I might as well have fun. It's not like I'm writing a boring technical manual here. As for where to measure, I think that would be a VERY useful piece of information to pass along to everyone on the forum. I've read far too many posts about people wanting to smash the scale against the wall when it's not co-operating. Okay...maybe not in exactly those words, but...

Bonnie Jean - Interesting tip about shaking up dining routines. Fortunately, I don't like to eat the same things day after day after day after day. I get bored with it. So, DW and I are constantly trying to figure out something new and different to eat.... AND CONGRATS ON THE SIZE DOWN!

Christi - Wow. What wonderful pictures! DW loved the waterfalls, but I was more impressed with those two beautiful women in the foreground. Keep your eye on Joby. She's gonna be (or maybe already is ) a heart breaker... And both DW and I loved the picture of your DD. She's such a cutie...

Stevi - There you go again. "not to terribly overweight" I think I'm going to keep you around. You're great for my self-esteem. As for exercise, I know it's instrumental. Not only from the point of view that I need it to lose the extra weight but in order to properly give the body definition. I mean, it's one thing to weigh the proper weight and be all skin and bones, but it's another to look good at that proper weight. So, yes, I am getting exercise -- walking regularly -- and when the basement gets finished over the next few months, I'll dig out my weights that are gathering dust.

Molly - What is it with these mother-daughter hottie combinations? You keep your eyes on Andrea. She's another one that'll be out to break hearts.

Darcy - Well, it's much easier to get up earlier with the recent time change here....but then I'd have to give up my morning posts here. Like that would be a hard decision to make. No, I think we'll save the measuring for a different time of the day.

Alright....I'm SO late for my shower right now. Stupid posts. I gotta start these earlier in the morning. If I missed a message to anyone... sorry! I'm just TOO disorganized today.

See you all tomorrow! Stay on target!

:Lawrence
Old 10-30-2006, 06:52 AM   #7  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! I'm posting late but I'm up early this am. Not really late but I've been up forever. lol The man is still screwed up on time. He got up at almost 4 am! I'm gonna be a tired puppy later but for now I started my chichen noodle soup that we're having for dinner. He's down for a nap now while I'm up and doin'. How does that work? lol I did good yesterday for the most part. I had a donut in the am but other than that I was a good girl. I only went over points by 3. That's what flex points are for right? I was actually down 1.4 this week. I'd love to say that I did good but I'm still up in the long run. I was down to 189 oh about 2 months ago. UGH Dummy!!

Lawrence, aww thanks for the compliment. I have already got plans in potion for Andrea to be locked in her room from now till she's 30. My dh keeps telling her that she's not allowed to date till she's married. You're doing so great with your weight loss.

Holy, great loss this week. And you should post pics of your fur babies. I know I personally would love to see them. I love pets!

RR, :hugs: I'm so sorry that you're going through this! What a hard thing to do. Please know that we are here for you!

Christie, hey girlie! I am so with you on needing to buckle down! I have to too! I weighed on Saturday and am going to try to stay off the scale till next Sat. I too am addicted to the scale. Almost a slave to it. My measurements are down over the last couple months but the scale is up and it is killing me! We just have to keep plugging along!

OK all make it a great day!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #8  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, all! Happy Monday (especially to Lawrence...lol). I, too, absolutely HATE Mondays!! And adding to that sentiment, we have a really big meeting this morning with the "big boss". Ugh. Not really sure what that's all about, but, oh well.

Started back on my workout regiment this morning. Been taking a little break. Got orders from the doc that I needed to scale it back a bit and take some time off and rest. Ended up in the emergency room last Tuesday and have been diagnosed with Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC's). Believe it or not, they are very common. In fact, most people don't even know they are having a PAC. However, mine are extremely intense and cause dizziness and numbing. Oh yeah, and they last for HOURS. Normally they only last a minute or two. Anyway, I have been put on beta blockers to control my heart. I probably wouldn't have felt such anxiety, but my brother (7 years younger) has significant heart issues. He's had several heart surgeries, with one of them open-heart. Apparently, I have the same type of tychardia (sp?) as he does. Ya know-----it's a GOOD thing I have been exercising and eating right all these years or I'd be in a heap of trouble!!!! This morning, I only did 30 minutes of cardio (mid-intensity) and some circuit training. I haven't been on the scale in a few days, but I'm planning on weighing towards the end of the week.

Mamabear ~ 4:00 a.m.????? Ugh - bless your heart. Hope you're planning a nap sometime during your day!!!!!

RX ~ I'm not a big ginger fan.....but I certainly commend you for your creativity!! A breakfast that I eat alot is a whole grain english muffin with a slice of swiss cheese (lower in fat than other cheeses), a couple pieces of turkey bacon (my fav!) and a poached egg. It's the low-fat equivalent to the McDonald's egg mcmuffin. I love them....

RR ~ Sorry to hear about your situation! So- did you move out? Hang in there.....

Holy ~ CONGRATS on moving the ticker!!

Wannabe ~ You and me both, girl....gettin' back on that wagon today and gettin' serious!!!!!!!!!!

Karen K ~ What a precious picture!! Man, I miss that age.....

Lisa ~ Mornin'!!!

Okay - gals (and guys) I'm gonna get some work done before my big meeting. I'll check in later.

Fondly,
Fit
Old 10-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #9  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Was it really just a couple of weeks a go that I was saying that I was feeling so much better about myself. Well, those feelings have flown out the window. About 2 weeks ago, I got on the wrong track, and I just haven't been able to get back on. Well, today, I am taking the preverbal bull, by the horns. I don't know what damage I've done. I don't plan to hit the scale till friday. I can tell I've gained some though. But with that said, I look at the pictures of me at the skating party, and I wonder, at what point was I feeling at all thin. I still have quite a way to go!! Well, never the less, I have somewhere around 15lbs to loose. I gotta loose 1.66666 lbs a week if I wanna reach my goal!!

RR: I'm sending :hugs: and prayers your way!!

Lawrence LOL Thanks!! And believe it or not, she's not interested in romance. She say's whats the point, It's not like I'm wanting to get married right now, so its not worth the heart ache.... This was NOT my frame of mind at her age!! About breakfast. Eggs cooked w/ salsa makes a quick omelet, and eggs, and canadian bacon is good too. (I got that from SBD) I make my husbands oatmeal with a little honey, a little PB, and chocolate protien powder (beware, a little goes a long way!!) Also, you might try this. I put oatmeal in a bowl, with a little skim milk, then I slice bananas thin, put all this in the microwave for about 1 m 15 secons. then i add butter spray and honey, sometimes a little peanut butter. Its also good with a little bit of chopped peacans or walnuts. (you have to go easy on the nuts for cal sakes)

BTW, Ithe waterfall in the picture is at a park about 20mins from me.

Molly: I'm with you girl!! We've GOT to do this!! (The support helps sooo so much)I want to look my best when I hit 30 when spring comes

FIT: We can to it!!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #10  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner View Post
Good Morning!!
Lauren--Have U read the book "The Out of Sync Child"? It is a very good book.(www.out-of-sync-child.com) Even though Peter doesnt have Sensory Processing Disorder it helps to attempt to understand when a child is not the "perfect" child. Believe me, I live it every day..SD #2 had the outburst from he$$ on Saturday, and people just cant quit staring...It makes me nuts with their noses up in the air and their faces twisted in disgust...I just want to slap them...I told DH on Sat, that I had enough and decided to move out..I think I am moving to my mom's until I find a place..IT is a tough situation cuz K just luvs her dad but I am at my wits end....

Ok...hello all....DIet wise, OK...still at the same weight but then again, I havent excercised unless dragging and wrestling an 80lb child counts...
Off to work!!!Stay out of the candy!!!!
RR
Holy Moly! Are you serious? I didn't even hear this coming. Are you gonna be OK? We are here for you when you need to talk. This is such a big step. Big, huge, Ji-normous hug to you.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

OK, I'm getting back on track this week too! I lost .2 lbs. this week...hey, it's something!! I'll take it! My mom called me this AM all down in the dumps, what is she gonna do, she can't stay on track. I told her to make a concious effort to think before she puts anything in her mouth...and the not FORGET to put something in her mouth! She gets busy at work and forgets to eat sometimes, or doesn't have time to stop. I told her to keep a container of water on her desk and force herself to get up and make a shake or eat something every few hours. Now...if I can get myself to stay on track, we'll be set.

So far, so good. I had oatmeal for breakfast (old fashioned oats made with water and a little milk, and about a 1/4 c. choc. chips. ) For lunch I had 2 sl. turkey and 1/2 sl. swiss on whole wheat with low cal mayo (1 packet) and some grapes.

Unfortunately I've also had quite a few little chocolates. Can't wait til Halloween is over and I don't have a good excuse to buy candy anymore. (Right now it's "expected" on my desk for whoever happens to be passing by!)

What are all the kiddies dressing up as this year? Peter will be Spider Man again...his choice and the costume still fits. Robby will be a duck. Hey, that's what happens when you can't find the Captain Feathersword constume Peter wore at his age and Target has slim pickings! DH said to Robby, that's what happens when you send mommy shopping for a costume!! But it's soo darn cute.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Default I'm Back......

Hi All!!!!! I had a wonderful trip to the mountains! We went on a hayride in Cades cove, It's in the smokey mtns, It was wonderful.....It was at night and the sky was filled with stars!!!DH saw a shooting star! Then one day we went on a 5 mile hike to see a waterfall! We had a really good time. Believe it or not I did not feel the urge to cheat on my calories, everything was counted! I got back and weighed and was a little disappointed cause I only lost a half of a pound?! Go figure?! I'll keep going though...
Ya'll have such beautiful children!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to figure out how to post pics and post mine too!
Some of ya'll are a little down in the dumps but just remember how much you have already lost! Alot of you have come along way, Stay proud of that!!!!
There were alot of losers this week: Ya'll Go!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Well It's almost time to get my kids, I'll check back later!!!! Have a great evening!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just popping in with a new pic, since it's been awhile.

This is the boys yesterday...after a busy day and no nap for Peter.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #14  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Lauren: good to hear I'm not the only one dieting with their mommy LOL.

Jennymarie: good job staying on track. I never ever stay on track when I go on vacation. And BTW I looooove the Smokeys!! A good way to post pics, is to open a photobucket account @ Photobucket.com Its free. You just upload your pics, and it will generate a url for you that you post here. It pretty simple once you figure it out. If you need any help, just ask!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:03 PM   #15  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I'm back to talk....
Had my Halloween Gig Sat night. Went really well. My Cyndi Lauper costume turned out pretty good ( I'll post pics when I get um). The bar owner was very pleased with our turn out (and it wasn't what it will be!!) and re-booked. My BFF got UNBELIEVABLY drunk as she walks around socializing "FOR " me and everybody buys her drinks. I swear, she was gonna take a dive on the dance floor....dancing alone, no less, to a slower rock song! Now I get to make fun of her for weeks! I'm auditioning for another coverband. They need a lead and I have the time (provided I can schedule my up coming painting projects around it). We will see how it goes. This new band is a bunch of veteran musicians, so should be some real quality playing. Not to mention the slew of performances they already have booked!
I had pancakes on Sunday...*Hangs head in shame* Went to IHOP and got the pumpkin cakes. **LOVE THEM** The good thing is I had zero appetite for the remainder of the day.

Karen~ My goodness, what a very, very pretty girl. just wanna smooch her all up!!
Holy~ You are rockin'! When do we get to see progress pics?
RX~"(Of course, all the SAHM's are going to be rolling their eyes at me because they work 7/24/365. I honestly don't know HOW you do it. )" THAT'S the kewlest thing I've heard all week.
Molly~ Lil feller had be up WELL before the crack of dawn as well. He fell asleep standing up (sorta) last night @ 5pm. I tryed to keep him up but obviously was unsuccessful.
Fit~ I'm really sorry about the condition. My father had chronic heart problems and is no longer with us. Take good care of yourself always. ((HUG)))
Christi~ Sometimes pictures are cruel. The photos DH took of me in my costume had a shadow to my left that made me look 3 inches+ wider in the rear! Just what I needed. Hopefully the others are better.
LBH~ I had to learn the hard way how important it is to eat consistently (not couting SUN!) Now that I eat so clean, I empty relatively quickly and get hungry every 4 hours or so. And BREAKFAST!! Oh thats now a pleasure. You couldn't force feed me before 11am and now....with in 30 min of waking I'm cookin something. I don't always remember my snacks, but have taken to keeping Beef jerky in the car for those times when I'm starving and still have to make it home. ( the sodium is killer but thats par for the course with me) Super handsome boys! Pete looks BUSHED!
Jenny~ Nice to see you again and WTG for staying on track! ~~ I see a permanent lifestyle change in your future!!~~~~
Closed Thread