30 Something's Bios!

You're on Page 4 of 13
Go to
  • Can I please join you?
    I'm new here and just looking for some support. I am desperate to finally succeed at losing weight. I have a terrible history of doing well for about 2 weeks then losing all motivation. I am at my highest weight I've ever been at and I have got to get under control!

DATE: 08/7/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Last Ditch Effort/Amber

BIRTHDAY:08/27/1977

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Adam

CHILDREN/AGES: Anna/4

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, scrapbooking, too many to list really

PETS: one cat- Katie Scarlett, one dog, Molly

TOP WEIGHT: 283

CURRENT WEIGHT: not sure

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5'9"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: depends on what my stylist has recently put in

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: missouri

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying motivated, getting started

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: its starting to affect my health

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? looking for friends online to connect with in this journey.
  • DATE: 8/10/10

USERNAME/REAL NAME: burning 45/Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: August

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 245

GOAL WEIGHT: 195

HEIGHT: 5’7

EYE COLOR: dark

HAIR COLOR: dark

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: MD

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: ME

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: You/mind is made up

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Maybe later
  • DATE: 08-13-2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: hdallas78/Heather

BIRTHDAY: 4/3/78

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 girls, ages 10 and 7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am a reading fanatic! I'm usually working on a couple at a time.

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 180+ (starting out from 158 this time around)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153

GOAL WEIGHT: 125 (ish)

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown w/ blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Goose Creek, SC

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Definitely FOOD. I have Binge Eating Disorder and struggle constantly with the urge to binge. I also have a hard time keeping myself motivated to exercise. I do very well for a while, then something keeps me from working out for a few days and it goes downhill.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the bingeing.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Being on the board with so many inspiring women has really kept me in line over the last week!
  • DATE: 8/16/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: SCraver/Sherri

BIRTHDAY: August 30th

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Shawn

CHILDREN/AGES: Logan/18 mo.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: relaxing on the couch, jogging, swimming, playing with my son, hanging out with my friends, going to the movies (when we can find a sitter), reading, etc.

PETS: Cat (Calvin) but currently seeking a new home for him

TOP WEIGHT: about 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 206/208

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Willington, CT

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get hungry a lot. I like my carbs. It is hard to find time to cook. I like to drink alcohol.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am trying to take little steps at a time that I can stick with forever. I am also trying to make running/jogging a part of my life.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I would love to get to know people on 3fatchicks better. I would love to find some friends to PM or email.
  • Hi, All! I'm a newbie to the forums AND to my 30's. Can't wait to get to know everyone better.

DATE: 8/18/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: leannerenee/ Leanne

BIRTHDAY: May 30th

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dancing, reading, celebrity gossip, theatre, hanging out with my friends, TV.

PETS: Daphne, 5 years (I originally had her listed up in the "children" section...)

TOP WEIGHT: 179

CURRENT WEIGHT: 166

GOAL WEIGHT: 126

HEIGHT: 5'0"

HAIR COLOR: Brown/ Auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL: leannerenee.blogspot.com

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My biggest problem is being lazy/ loss of motivation. I'm so tired when I get home from work, I just want to hit the drive thru and lay on my couch instead of cook or work out.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I had something happen to me (read my blog for the deets) that really opened my eyes as to what I've done (or not done) to my body.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I thrive when I have ten things going on at once and am naturally social. Having a board like this to interact with other people trying to get healthy will really help me- I need the support!
  • DATE: 8/30/10

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JackieHollow/ Jackie Holloway

BIRTHDAY: 8-16-76

SPOUSE’S NAME: Larry

CHILDREN/AGES: Lukas (12), Justus (11), Caden (7), Skylar (5)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Photography, homeschooling, and learning to get fit.

PETS: 1 wolf hybrid

TOP WEIGHT: 306

CURRENT WEIGHT: 285.8

GOAL WEIGHT: 153

HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: black

HAIR COLOR: brown

OCCUPATION: homeschooling mom, wife, and self employed part time photographer

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arkansas

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL: my photog page is jackiehollowayphotography.com and I'm starting a weight loss blog today at cuttindown.wordpress.com/ (It's still a work in progress. Will have my first blog up tonight)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Actually losing it!! (and exercising)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not looking at it as a diet anymore, but a lifestyle change that will impact my family. I'm tired of leading my children down a path of unhappiness and slow death. My husband was dx with diabetes. I am determined to get us all healthy!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not really. I am excited to find these boards, and hope to help you as much as I recieve help.
  • DATE: Sept, 2nd 2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ama

BIRTHDAY: Dec 76

SPOUSE’S NAME: Johan

CHILDREN/AGES: Three 7, 2, and 1

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Bicycles, gardening, outdoors (forest), collecting antiques, owls, trolls, folk art, music, etc...

PETS: 2 black cats, one long hair one short hair.

TOP WEIGHT: 253

CURRENT WEIGHT: 169

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5.5

EYE COLOR: very dark brown, blackish

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Sweden

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL: :::::::::::

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: activity/ carbs

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: strength and true will

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
    I am not your average lady
  • Moving up...lol..
    DATE: 09/12/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: dancingirl81/ dotty

BIRTHDAY: 5-30-1981

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: piano, marching band

PETS: two cats and a turtle

TOP WEIGHT: 228

CURRENT WEIGHT: 206

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Maryland, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: breaking old habits/eating due to boredom

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't afford to buy new clothes and the ones I'm wearing are way too small. Also having health issues due to the weight gain.
  • Hello 30 something's
    DATE: 9-19-10

USERNAME/REAL NAME: leeshalulu/Leesha

BIRTHDAY: 03/28/1975

MARITAL STATUS: Married 10 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Shawn

CHILDREN/AGES: Makenzie/3

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Water activities, hunting, reading, gardening, puzzles

PETS: A 100+ Golden Retriever AKA: Moose, 1 cat-Wyatt, 5 fish, and 2 snails

TOP WEIGHT: 285

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde with sprinkles of gray-time to start highlighting

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: West Texas

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL: N/A

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am addicted to food!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am so scared for my health and the habits that I am showing my precious daughter.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I truly love life and want to enjoy it at a healthy weight!
  • I understand your desperation
    Quote: I'm new here and just looking for some support. I am desperate to finally succeed at losing weight. I have a terrible history of doing well for about 2 weeks then losing all motivation. I am at my highest weight I've ever been at and I have got to get under control!

DATE: 08/7/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Last Ditch Effort/Amber

BIRTHDAY:08/27/1977

SPOUSE’S NAME: Adam

CHILDREN/AGES: Anna/4

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, scrapbooking, too many to list really

PETS: one cat- Katie Scarlett, one dog, Molly

TOP WEIGHT: 283

CURRENT WEIGHT: not sure

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: depends on what my stylist has recently put in

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: missouri

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying motivated, getting started

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: its starting to affect my health

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? looking for friends online to connect with in this journey.
    Reading your post was like looking into a mirror! I am so scared that my weightloss will stop and I will creep back up. We can do it. My favorite quote- United we stand but divided we fall- not sure who said it. Keeping you in my thoughts today!
  • DATE:9/28/10

USERNAME/REAL NAME:SunnyDC/Sunny

BIRTHDAY:9/13

MARITAL STATUS:Single

SPOUSE’S NAME:n/a

CHILDREN/AGES:n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:My guilty pleasure is reality TV. My interests are documentary film, culture & arts, and traveling. I volunteer as an adult education tutor and also with a grassroots community home-ownership initiative. I'm into funny, but not corny, internet meme's.

PETS:1 kitteh, Naomi

TOP WEIGHT: 188

CURRENT WEIGHT:186.7

GOAL WEIGHT:129

HEIGHT:5'3

EYE COLOR:brwn

HAIR COLOR:brwn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Washington, DC

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:My biggest problem is my slow metabolism and health issues associated with my hypothyroidism. For me low-carbs is the only way to keep off the weight, but I never met a carb I didn't like. So when I fall off, I land hard.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:It was a real wake up call weighing-in closer to 200 then 100. I can't bear the thought of getting any bigger.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? :I'm high on laughs and low on angst. I enjoy pointing out the funny and self-deprecating parts of my weight-loss journey to keep things in perspective when I'm not doing as well as I hoped.
  • DATE: Sept 28,2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME:
    Tina

BIRTHDAY:July 31

MARITAL STATUS:

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:3, 12, almost 11, 9 1/2

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:reading, cooking, travel, history

PETS:4 dogs, a cat and a guinea pig

TOP WEIGHT:240

CURRENT WEIGHT:240

GOAL WEIGHT:150

HEIGHT:5'4

EYE COLOR:hazel

HAIR COLOR:brown, blond streaks

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: lack of motivation

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:got to the point I WANT that change. ANd my brother promised to pay for a vacation if I did it

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I procrastinate, will find excuses not to do things, etc... other then that, I love to have fun, enjoy meeting people after I get over the shy bit. And I guess am pretty open to trying new things
  • DATE: November 8th

USERNAME/REAL NAME: GoSparkie / Sherice

BIRTHDAY:January 7th

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Timo

CHILDREN/AGES: None.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Web design, drawing, travel, line dancing

PETS: Two cats, Pandora and Thor

TOP WEIGHT: 193

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: WV

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Finding exercises I don't hate.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My mom just got diagnosed with diabetes, and so did two of my uncles. I am determined not to join the pack.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have a crazy sense of humor. You have been warned.
  • DATE: 11/8/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Mitza24 - Ann

BIRTHDAY: Aug 24th

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mike

CHILDREN/AGES: Renee - One year old

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Running, traveling, playing poker, going to concerts, cooking and watching any shows on HGTV or Food Network!

PETS: One Dog - Lucy

TOP WEIGHT: 169

CURRENT WEIGHT: 146

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Chicago Burbs

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking with a healthy lifestyle. I have lost the weight and gained the 20-30 pounds back way too many times in the last ten years

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I actually have the mindset to stick with a having a healthy lifestyle. Before I wanted to be thinner to fit into something better, for a special occasion, etc. Now I just want to be healthy for myself first and foremost and to feel sexy, confident, comfortable in my own skin.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
  • DATE: 11/9/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: KathleanAgain/Katie

BIRTHDAY: May 22, 1977

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 8 wonderful years to...

SPOUSE’S NAME: Aaron (a.k.a The Hubs)

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, blogging, writing, walking, movies, and traveling.

PETS: 1 dog (chiweenie named Emmy) 2 cats (Riley and Joey)

TOP WEIGHT: 317

CURRENT WEIGHT: 244.0

GOAL WEIGHT: Between 135-140

HEIGHT: 5'5" and a half

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Richmond, VA

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL: kathleanagain.blogspot.com

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Keeping up with the exercise! I don't know why, I always feel so great when I'm regularly exercising, I just find it so easy to stop.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm able to be honest about my weight for the first time ever. I step on the scale daily and I own it.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Despite my user name, I have never actually been thin or lean. I've been overweight, and then obese, pretty much my entire life. This is the first time I've been able to stick to committing to weight loss. My highest weight was over 300 pounds, but I started my weight loss journey in early June of this year at 294 pounds, and today I'm at 244. It feels great!