Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Thread Week of July 23!!Newbies post here!!

Good Morning!!!! We had a cool front come in and it suppose to only make it up to 93 today!!! I had to laugh when they said that on the news!!
Stevi--I liked your hair..Looks great and does make your face thin.

Ok..I cant remember anything else soo Hellooooo to all!!! Have a nice rest of the day!!!
RR
Old 07-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning All!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! We're headed to BJ's and then to my aunt's in central Jersey today...big July bday party.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #3  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hope everyone is having a great weekend !!! We had a cool front come through here as well -- it has been in the upper 80's -- we took the kids on a nice long walk yesterday -- it was great !

Off to do some back to school shopping today -- its been interesting getting supplies for the 3 of them this year and trying to figure out who needs what

Happy Sunday !!!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/150/140

Height: 5'-4"

Hey, I am newbie. & wanted to know if any one knew the cost of the Sonoma diet ( the program online) Or is it just better to buy the book rather then join the membership thing.. I am new to this dieting thing.. I have done diets on my own. I have been successful, but now that I have had a child ( 14months old toddler) It's been kinda hard to get any motivation to start any kinda cutting back food/calorie program... I have tried to workout some- but then my toddler sends me through a loop with waking up in the wee - hours, then i am back to sqaure 1 again. I am a at home mom, who supports her husband with his ( His personal secy) SO being at home, close to a kitchen makes it even hard to kit the habit. Can anyone relate??
Old 07-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #5  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi everyone! I've been out the last couple of days...weekends kill me! LOL It was hotter than Hades last week but we have a cool down now. Much more tolerable. I'm getting in the pool later too! I was up this week but that's cause the hag is here...GRRR It was an ugly week with the PMS...I won't even go into all of it. I have posted some pics of me here. One is from last year at an unknown weight. At least 215 since I started WW in Jan at 216.6. The other is from Friday at 193.6.

Karen I did get to see the pics. For some reason when I first looked they weren't there just the dreaded red "x" but anyway...she is so precious!! What a princess!

Make it a great week everyone!
Old 07-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! It's been soooo hot here this weekend and I'm at work 16 hours today and yesterday, and my work is soooo hot, it's been miserable, I am going to be so glad when my weekend is over. PMS must be in the air or something, af is due super soon for me as well and this last week was awful. I wish I could put myself into early menopause, lol.

Stevi the hair looks great!! And how fun getting all that new stuff, I want an IPod but there's no way I can afford one, maybe after the fall when the kids are back in school and I can work some during the week.

Molly, wtg on the loss, the pictures look great.

Welcome ad1tene, I had a really hard time losing weight when my kids were babies as well, I had a lot of other stuff going on at the same time, but I did find it was hard because I felt like I was stuck home more often. There are several ladies here with babies though who are doing great! Just hang in there, you can do it!!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #7  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Well Hello!!!
I have missed you alll so! Thanks for all the compilments, Y'all are too kind. Yest was CRAZY!! I was just gonna try and "relax" before the Gig but to no avail. My long lost cousin came all the way down from Apple Valley to attend (1 1/2 hour drive) we hadn't seen each other in 3 years. Longest we had ever gone but she was kinda pissy at me. All is well now though, and it was really great to see her. I ahd bought a new pair of black jeans and the in legs where to small...argg!! That's a given for me, I know better than to not try them on but I was pressed for time and had the baby in the stroller. SOOooo I had to go out AGAIN (but alone) and return those and get a different pair. Not black but really dark. (I have to camo my thighs as much as possible!) The decided outfit was a total hit! I'll show you pics in a couple days due to DH using his manual 35mm, we will have to wait for discs to develop. The gig was a hit as well! Killer turn out and overall we did very well. Sound was solid and I felt reallly strong. This whole working out thing really has alot of benefits. The only reall down side was the UNBELIEVABLE HEAT!!!! And the place was air-conditioned! I was sweating like a whore in church! My whole body hurts today so I'm just taken it easy. Funny thing....last night, on two separate occassions (before playing and after) I was offered fast food of some sort. I actually watched everyone eat this stuff and thought "Wow...I don't even want it." And I even considered having something to eat as I hadn't eaten. But NOTHING appealed. I found this to be a pivitol moment in my new found life style.

Molly~ Great pics!! I can really see your progress!!
Ad1tene~ Welcome!!! I too am a SAHM ( stay at home mom) Logan is 5 months and my eldest is 14!!
Norissa~ School shopping!?! Already!!! Arggg! Shopping for a teenager is EXPENSIVE! I'm not looking forward to it!
Lauren~ Hope you had fun!
RR~ Yeah well, most of my weight is in my BUTT. My face is usually the last to go large! But thank you much!

K well, I would love to experience one of these cool spells as it is just as hot today as yest. We had thunder and lightning last night!!! No rain though.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #8  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Stevi - Back to school shopping -- Yep -- my kids start back on Aug 16 th That will be here before we know it !! Glad your gig went well -- can't wait to see pics !!

ad1tene - WELCOME !!

Molly -- Love the pictures - You look wonderful !!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, Ad1tene! I dont believe that anyone in this group is on the Sonoma diet, although I could be wrong. There are threads that are geared just for that, however we would still love your company.

Molly, Wow girl! *Hey, maybe with this heat, we've sweated off more pounds.*

Norrissa, I feel so weird not shopping for school items - for myself! I would hate to for 3 kids. Don't the schools around you put out lists for what each teacher requires. P.S. Walmart has really great prices I was noticing.

We've had problems with our toilet upstairs and it wiped out my scale, just noticed last night, so today after church I went and picked up another one. The previous one only measured in 1/2 pounds, the new one does it in .2 increments. (And it cost less)

I think I will weigh myself tommorrow morning and see where the damage lies.

Lisa
Old 07-24-2006, 05:19 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!
Just a question for anyone who has a stepmom----Did U hate her the entire time growing up???? I got my feelings hurt when I went SD's room to put up clothes and she had written in big letters (I guess when she and her dad were leaving on vacation)--"YEAH!!! NO VICKI FOR A WEEK" I am just tired of trying..

Lisa--I am with U on school supplies...I "adopted" a family for 9 years and did all the shopping for them..OMG-it made me nuts looking for that stuff for 3 kids..With a child in Sp Ed--U just sent Kleenex and $20 and the teacher gets the rest...So much easier!!!!

Molly--Great pics!! U can see the difference!!!

Stevi--I am with U on the butt!! That is where I get it..Before marriage, I was down to a size 1 and still hated the butt!! Now after 4 preg(only 1 went to term) and 5 yrs of marriage the butt is still bigger!!! Oh well..

Hello to everyone!!! Welcome ad1tene--Sorry dont know anything about the Sonoma diet!!
Take care all--off to work!!!
RR
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 07-24-2006 at 05:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/178/120

Height: 5'1"

Default beginning week 2

Hey guys, I've been putting a few posts on my journal and seems like it is helping. I'm through my first week and lost 5 pounds. I had our county fair all weekend (to work at a booth) and had a small serving of nachos 1 day, but other than that ate good both Saturday and Sunday. So with week 2, will hopefully add more exercise. I also starting to paint the outside of my house a few weeks ago before the 100 degree heat, so now that this week will be cooler, the plan is to finish it. That should be a pretty good workout too! Everyone have a great week!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #12  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Red face Checking In!

Hey guys...hope everyone had a great weekend. As for me, my air conditioner went out----but it was a little cooler this weekend (only 96!). So--we are living in a hotel right now until the A/C gets fixed (they told us Wed...ugh).

Stevi-----------LOVE the hair. Beautiful!!!!

Molly - the pictures really tell a difference. Doesn't it feel great when you can actually SEE a difference? Keep going!

Ad1tene - I'm a newbie, too. Welcome!

Spitfire - FIVE pounds in the first week?!? Wow...Good job on the eating at the fair, too. Wish I could be that strong. Just the smell of the fair makes me want to eat. . .

RoadRunner - I noticed you're about the have a birthday...8/6? That's close to my son's. Happy [early] birthday, in case I forget.

Lisa - regarding the new scale...I think my scale is off, too. Need a new one. What kind is your new one?

Hope everyone has a great week. Talk to you later.
Fitafter4
Old 07-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

to all the newbies. We are glad to have you here.

Congrats to the loosers! You guys are doing great work.

We took the kids (still feels weird to say that!) to the beach yesterday. It was cloudy and cool, so we practically had the place to ourselves. I didn't think Alex would like the water so I only took one shirt for him. He LOVED it. He couldn't get enough. It was fun watching him, but nerve wracking at the same time. That was my baby out there!

RR: Yikes. I can see where you would want to give up. I never had a step parent, so I can't give you any insight. I hope things settle for you. I think you are awesome for all you have taken on with the step kids.

Her Royal Highness is demanding my attention. I will try to get on again later. hello to all I missed!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/240/160

Height: 5'5

Question Working my looks 2 a new look

Hi everyone
This is my first post. I am new to 3fc. My name is Monique. I know it is going to be hard to lose the weight that I have to lose. Lately, I have been having cravings and some not wanting to do anything any more moods. That is why I came here to get some help and make new friends to help me on way. My biggest set back is that I like to eat sweets so much, and I get depressed alot because I feel like I can not do it, that is to lose weight without the support that I need at home. I have no support at home. I have 2 teens and a husband living with me. They always come home with stuff that I do not need and ask me do I want some. If it something that I like, well, you know I have to take a piece just to satify that craving. It is down hill from their. Like I said, it is hard. I like water sometimes, but it does not hit me to drink all the time. Like now, I am sipping on some now because the mood has struck me to drink some water. I drink all that I can when the mood comes. Another way that I am feeling right now is that I am ready to get away from my family. They are really getting on my last nerve. Can I please make some or even one friend here at 3fc to help me on my way. PS Do you ever feel like you need to talk to someone in person sometimes about weight loss, just for support reasons. Some one to give you a hug for all your hard work?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Whoa! A lot of newbies!! Awesome! to everyone!! I'm having a really busy day today...have barely stopped since I walked in the door.

Monique, Welcome! You have done an AWESOME job losing 27 lbs. already! Keep up the good work. As for the water, I love cold water, but I find that if I don't fill up my bottles when I first get to work in the AM, I never get to the kitchen to refill them. So my water isn't always really cold, but I've adjusted. If you can, keep some bottles in your fridge, or on your desk, if you work. It's much easier when it's right there in front of you!
Have you tried having a heart to heart with "the boys"? Could they stand to lose any weight? Either way, maybe you could talk about it over dinner some night, tell them how crappy you feel and ask them if they would be willing to support you in your efforts to be healthy. Do you like to cook? Maybe if you tempted them with yummy new recipes, they'd be willing to try...teenagers have got to be "reachable" through their tummies!
Here's a big cyber hug for you...

Karen, I'd be neurotic if Peter were in the ocean, without a harness around him along with life vest, swimmies, and DH clutching him! And I grew up there every summer! I do look forward to taking the boys down the shore sometime before it gets cold!

Fit, Ugh! Hope they get your AC fixed soon! I would just melt if I didn't have it!

Spit, Welcome! Congrats on the loss and the food choices. The weight must literally be melting off you in that heat!

RR, Sorry you're still dealing with all the bitterness from SD1 after all this time. Maybe someday when she's an adult she'll understand.

Lisa, What kind of scale did you end up with?

Stevi, Glad to hear the gig went well! Can't wait to see the pics! Good job turning down the crap food!! I love it when little things like that happen and I surprise myself!
Lucky you with all the new stuff! DH got me an MP3 player for my bday last week and I'm still trying to figure out how to work it! The thing is the size of a lighter and supposedly holds 500 songs!

Molly, Wow girl, you look AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!

Ad1tene, Welcome! There's a whole thread devoted to the Sonoma diet right here on 3FC! Hope you can find some motivation/information to help you there.

707, What were you thinking bothering to weigh in when the hag is looming?! Silly girl!

OK, I *think* I'm all caught up! Time to get back to work! Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread