Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~June 4th~~

Good morning!!

Been a busy weekend around here. Friday I went for a non-stress test for the baby and the machine in the doctor's office died. I ended up having to go to the hospital to get it done. Yippee. Luckily my MIL was available to come sit there with Alex so I didn't have to have him in the room with me. Baby weighs 6# 9oz according to the sonogram. That's how much Alex weighed when he was born. Course, that's +/- 1 pd.

Yesterday I went to a scrapbooking convention and had a lot of fun. It inspired me to come home and finish up Alex's third year book. His is all caught up and now I'm ready to start on Cassie's. Whoohoo!

Today I have been cleaning like mad. My GM is coming tomorrow and I've been putting off some big things until the last minute...like the fridge. I have no idea how the darn thing gets so NASTY. It took me a over an hour. But it sparkles now!

Oh, at the doctor's office the other day I had gained 1 pound. According to their scale, I've gained 2 pounds since getting pregnant. According to my scale, I've gained 5. Oh well, who knows. Alex was kind enough to share his cold/cough with me. I'm pretty miserable. My eyes and nose are having a contest to see which one can water/run more. The cough hurts. I haven't felt like eating, so my ketones are up. The doc is going to yell at me on Tuesday.

Only 15 more days!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Not a good weekend around here, as you can imagine. Just cleaning today.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Well I am new around here, but wanted to say hi.

Karen even if it is 5 lbs your still doing great. I gained 75 when I carried my son and haven't lost it yet. 14 years later. aahhhhhh.

Going to go get on the tourture bike in a little while other than that not a lot going on here today.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:32 AM   #4  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

What? Was today cleaning day? Got the new TV Sat. which led to cleaning the living room, moving and adjusting the entertainment center, etc... Sun. I went to my sisters house to help her start packing to move...she didn't tell me I would be cleaning out her entire garage!!! I busted hump for 7 solid hours. I also got a nice burn to boot! I have a nack for even the most overwhelming of tasks and she knows this...I put all her misc. papers and crap boxs out on the drive and told her to sit and sort. HUGE pile of useless junk leftover. Dunno why anyone would want to move more stuff than they had to. She admits to being a bit of a pack rat but I fail to see why you would need all your bank statements from 1996.
Karen, Did you lose weight at any point in your pregnancy? Prolly sounds like a stupid question seeing your baby weighs 6lbs and you've gained a mere 5. What does your Dr say about it?
Lauren, Whats da matter?! You don't sound happy.
Kingangal, Welcome!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:56 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Lauren-Hope Peter is better!!! K's eardrum ruptured on Saturday so she was feeling much better with that pressure gone..I am soo ready for the tube day to arrive!!!!

We drove to see her favorite band "Imagination Movers" on SUnday..She just loves them and lights up when they hug her..They have started filming with Disney and will be on Playhouse Disney in September...Of course, 98 degrees and an outside concert wasnt cool, but we enjoyed it!!

Good Morning all!! Karen--glad things are going good for U...
Off to work..My next life, I will sleep late on my job!!!
RR

PS--Stevie--now U can come clean up my living room!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #6  

Stevi anytime you feel the motivation, I will call you my sister. I need serious help cleaning.

All things aside, I need to study. Friday is the big day for me. I take my state licence exam for my Real Estate Licence. Wish me luck!

Does anyone want/need a cranky husband or teen age son. I have one of each this AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #7  

Morning ladies!
It's sunny here today~finally!
I did my 20 minute TJ workout yesterday & stayed on plan eating wise.
"Aunt Flo's" here this week so I'll be working extra hard to keep the extra weight off!
A new baby!How exciting!That's amazing that you haven't gained much weight!
Hope the little one with ear trouble feels better soon!
Good luck on the test!
Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

kingangal, good luck on your exam, I know that you will do fine. I felt that way too, during my finals. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Stevie, Congrats on the TV. As for the bank statements, you should hold on to them for at least 7 years after that, shread them. Did you know that you could be audited up to 7 years later?

RR, I am with you, I would not like to wake up that early.

Well I have a couple more job leads that I need to check out, so I will talk to ya'll later.

Hi to everyone I missed.

Lisa
Old 06-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #9  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey! Well all my hard work payed off. I'm down 4lbs this morning from last week. So I have offically hit the 30lb mark. WooooPeeee!!!
Kingangal, Ya know I have two just like yours! Lets say I give you mine and you'l have a complete SET!
Lisa, Yeah I'm aware of the 7 years retention of records.....Sissy had stuff from 14 years ago! I'm a firm believer, if you can't find it,( or in many cases FORGOT you have it) why save it?
GO Angie!
I will be taking reservations for housekeeping at a later time!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #10  

WTG Stevi!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Congrats Stevi!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #12  

Stevie, Congrats on the loss!!! I also agree, if you haven't used it, and didn't know you even had it - it is time to pitch! I think that I would do really well if I were on the show "Clean Sweep" as one of the people that help out. I love that show!

Well I am really depressed this week. Last Thursday was the 2 yr. anniversary of my divorce (cant believe it) and today I get my check along with a letter. My ex is getting married and will most likely change when he is sending my alimony. I will have to go about two months before getting another one. The numb-nuts!!! It wouldn't have been sooo bad, except the letter was really nasty sounding. I knew that he was engaged and that was not an issue, it was his tone.

Okay, I need to get finished on sending out this resume and application.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #13  

Pennington~cheer up~obviously you're much better off without him!!!
How can he go 2 months without paying?Doesn't your check come from an agency?If my soon to be ex did that I'd lose the house!
Take all your frustrations & work them out with exercise! You can show him what he's missing out on!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #14  

My life really has turned insane.

I went to take my 2 DS's to the bus this am and found that someone had come durring the night and stolen the roof off of the convirtible. We have an older model Suzuki Sidekick that we have been needing to do some work on so it is not running right now, and someone actually took the roof. We don't have insurance on the car right now, so it isn't even covered by ins. Here is the crazy part all I can do is laugh.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #15  

Angie, our lawyers decided that in order to save me money, he could send the money directly to me (agencies take out a percentage) however, we did not specify when the money had to be recieved by. As far as showing him what he is missing: He lives in Mentor, OH (30 min from Cleveland) and I live in Toledo, OH. I still have a restraining order out on him and so I don't think that that would even work.

My advice is to make sure your lawyer is really on your side. I felt like I was getting the shaft.

Kingangal, since the car was on your property, maybe it falls under homeowner ins.? That might be an option. I think I would have broken down and cried. (Not really)

Lisa
Closed Thread