Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 04:54 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Default ~~~Week of 12th August~~~

Morning all!

Well the weather here is looking truly miserable this morning, it's nearly 10am and it looks soooo dark. Had a bit of a wet week last week. On Thursday morning I went out and got caught in the rain. I had to pour water out of my shoes before I could come indoors. My knickers were soaked through. I needed to go out again, coz I had a book on order - so I waited until the rain had stopped, put on fresh clothing and went out again. I got about 3 minutes down the road and the rain started again - soaked through again, right down to my knickers. Guess I was not meant to go out on Thursday. I am thinking about changing my career and I found a book called "What colour is your parachute?" Has anyone heard of or used it? Anyway enough about my wet knickers -- as you know I am going back to WW on Tuesday to face the "scale monster". Wish me luck!
LBH - keep up the good work, you are so close to your 10%. I am with you on the seafood thing. I only eat cod, haddock or tuna from a can.
Pryia - congrats on the loss, keep it up
Juldiet -
RR - I would so like to be able to maintain - right now I seem to be specializing in gaining
Rabbit - aubergine/eggplant is amazing in mousakka and is fantastic when roasted with olive oil in the oven. I think it was you that mentioned grilling the veggies, just add the aubergine and treat the same way
Tech - I know what you mean about the crisps/chips thing. I think we both need to bang our heads together and get back on track.

Hi to anyone I may have missed and have a good week everyone.
Old 08-12-2001, 11:54 AM   #2  

BFB: I'd love to have some of your rain (minus the wet knickers ). All the storms we've had lately have been on the other side of Taneycomo Lake. We can see it and hear it, it just won't hop over the water....meanwhile my yard is dry beyond dry.

Well I was hoping to report a 2 lb loss, but I think its closer to a maintain at 187. But I'm not sad...I'm finding that the longer I maintain at each weight the harder it is to go over that weight again (yeah! progress in my life! there is hope!) My husband has been saying such nice things this week about how much better I'm looking and feeling - thats encouragement to keep going.

We leave Thursday for a show in Lexington KY. I get to meet another one of my internet friends from the frugal-moms discussion boards. From now till the end of Oct we'll be gone most every weekend.

RR: I like crab cakes!! And its something the 4 and 5 yr olds will eat too. I think I've made them 3 times in the last 6 mts! I can barely eat tuna (love a good tuna steak). It does help to rinse the tuna (albacore only) under cold water - removes alot of that 'fishy taste'.

- jul
Old 08-12-2001, 03:58 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

HEllo all!!!
BFB--U have the job of creating the new thread!!!!U do soo well at it!!!!! We have had "soaked knickers" here also..It has rained daily.

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!!!
Pryia-1.2LBS!!!!
Lauren-2.4lbs!!!!
Rabbit-1.7lbs!!!
Jul-- For maintaining!!!!!

NEW DIVA'S!!!!!
Mum2five

Well, I have sealed grout, washed clothes and armour- alled(sp?) the cars!!IT has been busy this weekend just catching up on stuff!!!

Well, school starts tomorrow!!!Yeah!!!!!
Off to do the clothes!!!
Vicki
Old 08-12-2001, 07:43 PM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Angry Sunday!!!

BFB: Oh we could use your rain too. But I
guess for now we don't get any. At least it
is not ungodly hot now. The book you
mentioned has been around forever. I
remember my mom having a copy when I was a
kid. Funny how just reading the Title I
could imagine it at our house on the shelf.
She keeps trying to get me to read the book
along with a bunch of dating books. Has not
happened yet.

LBH and RR: Okay I have taken up meeting men
on the net. I met this guy last night in a
chatroom that lives here in town. Any advice
or places to go to for others. LOL. Mr.
Right is not going come Knocking on my door
so I have to help him find me.

Okay I have to get my BUTT on program again.
I don't know why I am not. But I am not. I
saw the ex yesterday and had a good laugh
when I was coming home. He must be in the
dog house alot cause he always has flowers
in his hand. LOL

Have a great one!!!!!

Old 08-13-2001, 10:29 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Man did i have a busy weekend! Did not leave work until 7:30 Friday night. Saturday AM we got up, made a loaf of raisin bread for Gran and drove down the shore to spend the weekend with Gran and Gramps! They just about drove us crazy (what did I expect, they're very old!), but I love them and things were good. Helped them get through a few confusing issues they have going on right now with their phone!

I did not count any points this weeked, but I don't think I did too bad. Probably not totally OP, but not overboard either. I'm back OP today though, and even though it's gloomy here, I brought my sneakers to walk at lunch time. I am getting my exercise in this AM though, breaking a sweat trying to move all my Training Files from the other side of the office, where the other girl sat, to my side.

Will try to catch up with everyone later, have to get crackin' for now! Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:52 PM   #6  

HELLO ALL

Had a fun weekend with the family. Did not count points on Saturday though or Sunday, come to think of it. Hopefully didn't do tooooo much damage.

Tech - the only way I can stay out of the chip bag is not to have chips around. My willpower otherwise just does not make it.

RR - sd2 sure seems to have you hopping! Can't believe school is starting already! Mine leave this weekend for college.

BFB - good luck at WW! You can do it! Thanks for the info on eggplant. Yes, I'm the one grilling veggies.

Jul - interesting that the longer maintains make it harder to go over that again. Maybe that 2 pound loss will catch up with you this week.

ok, have a great week. Hello to everyone I missed.

RABBIT
Old 08-14-2001, 03:08 PM   #7  
Pink Thingy

Default The magic number is......

197lbs

So I have gained since I made my LD goal pledge. I have been totally off program, but I am now back with a vengence. My new LD goal is to go down, not up

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 08-14-2001 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:15 PM   #8  

Rabbit: I sure hope so, I've weighed 185 yesterday and today. If I maintain it 3 more days - I'll claim it.

BFB: You can do it!!

- jul
Old 08-14-2001, 05:57 PM   #9  

GOOd Evening all!!!!!!

well, I had the scare of a lifetime yesterday...We are having serious bus and school problems soo SD#2 was transferred to a new special ed program..IT was her first time to ride a bus soo I was waiting at the bus stop to take her home..Imagine my horror when 6pm rolled around and she had still never arrived...I panicked, called people..Refman was calling..I think I hyperventilated trying to call the bus drivers and all they could say was that she got on the bus at 3pm....SHe finally made it at 6:30 tired, hungry and thirsty..Her daycare is 0.7miles from her school and it takes them 2hrs in the morning and 3-4 hrs in the evening to arrive...I called the handicapped people and complained..TOday I skipped the club to pick her up myself to keep that from happening again until something is figured out..SHe was smiling and happy not knowing that she had been driven all over town....If it would not be for all the therapies that she receives, I would put her in private school.

Lauren-Did U get my message???

BFB--Don't get discouraged...Pick up and start again ASAP!!!!

WEll, off to fix supper!!!
Going to bed really early tonight!
Vicki
Old 08-15-2001, 08:46 AM   #10  
LBH

Vicki- No, I didn't...PM or regular email? I checked everywhere it could've gone! Try PM again, or email to [email protected]!
Old 08-15-2001, 10:24 AM   #11  

HELLO EVERYONE

Hope you're all having a great week and sticking to your plan. So darn hard to do sometimes. This has been a tough week for me and I do not look forward to facing that scale tomorrow night.

bfb - good luck!!

jul - hope you're able to claim it!!

rr - that is awful! glad sd is fine. hope you can get something worked out - it is ridiculous for her to have to be on the bus that long.

have a great day all.

RABBIT
Old 08-15-2001, 01:57 PM   #12  
A princess in the making!

Default Hello!!

Howdy Well I am going to stay on program and within my points if it kills me. It has been almost 3 weeks and I have not been doing good.

I am NOT having any candy out of that dish. For me it is an all or nothing thing. So I will have none.

LBH- I went over and posted my journal. Going to try and do that every day cause I think that will really help me. I need to get back in the swing of things.

RR: you poor girl. I had a scare with that twice with my son. I hate school bussing. But he will be on one again in a few weeks. But at least he is older and can ask questions. that poor baby.

Rabbit: Hang in there. I am hanging on to the same knot on the rope with you.

Well I guess I should get back to work.

Old 08-15-2001, 04:49 PM   #13  
LBH

OK, I have been horrible today and I totally don't expect a loss at WI tonight, I expect a gain. It will be a total act of God if I lose that .2 lbs. and get my 10 lb. ribbon!! Why do I insist on sabatoging myself?!
Old 08-15-2001, 05:57 PM   #14  

helllo all!!
Much better news today...THe daycare called the school board and complained and was able to get her dismissed at 3pm each evening and they are picking her up and driving her to daycare with only a 5minute ride...She will miss 8 minutes of school each day but who cares!!!!!!! Everyone adores her and thinks she is soo special that they want to help us...It pays to have an adorable blonde hair blue eyed that loves everyone!!!!!

Well, excercise is going good...Food is good!!I dont have time in the morning for breakfast soo I just eat a cereal bar and water as I run down the halls...It is the evening that is hard because of cooking for the kids and SDS#1 likes sugar cookies when she gets in and I like the raw dough!!!!

Well off to roundup kids!!!
Vicki
Old 08-16-2001, 09:44 AM   #15  

HELLO EVERYONE

Pryia - I'm with you! OP every day! We just have to hang on to that knot and start pulling ourselves back up. Let me know your progress.

Lauren - hope the weigh in went better than you expected. You have been doing so well recently - just keep going.

RR - oh, I'm so glad that all worked out for the little one. And it is definitely harder when you are cooking for kids, just don't let it get to you. You can handle it.

You know I feel so much better when I am in control of myself and my eating. I've got to get that feeling back.

RABBIT
Closed Thread