Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 12:42 PM   #1  

Default *week Of July 29th*

HELLO EVERYONE!

Thought I'd start us out on the new week. Let's make it a good one!

LBH - Your crockpot dinner sounds good!

Jul - Congrats on your losses - you are smoking! Glad my pep talk was of use. Super that those shorts fit and also that you are feeling so good about yourself! You certainly should - you deserve it.

DH and I want to see Planet of the Apes - but haven't yet. He really wanted to see Jurassic Park, so we saw that this weekend. I rented The Family Man and Thirteen Days recently - they were both good.

Let's get with it everyone!

RABBIT
Old 07-30-2001, 03:50 PM   #2  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default still here, still lurking.....

Hi everyone,

Lauren - first did I ever thank you for the bike gadget information? I checked out the website but it's a bit pricey for me right now (especially with the dollar exchange to Canadian and I don't even know if they'd deliver here). So I"ll have to wait to see if I can find it here somewhere.

Dh and I also went to see Planet of the Apes (dh's idea) and it was pretty cool - great makeup etc. Didn't love the ending but still fun. I only agreed to see it so he would see America's Sweetheart with me. Thought that was a good compromise. Has anyone seen that movie??

The weight's going okay - this weekend wasn't the best since we were away but I had been so good before that I think it'll be easy to get back on track. I've learned that my evenings are not the best time and since I can't seem to change that I have to just try to be really good during the day. I don't mean not eat but just use as few "points" as I can and save more for later in the day. it seems to work. I can go the whole day without snacking but I always seem to need something after dinner.

I never really made a Labour Day Goal but I'd be happy if I just made it to my previous goal (I think it was Memorial Day but I'm not sure since we don't celebrate that).

Hope everyone's trying really hard this week - summer will be over before we know it so lets try not to waste the good weather and get out there and exercise.

Elisa
Old 07-31-2001, 04:31 PM   #3  

HEY ALL!

Not much going on here - hot hot hot!

Elisa - I am like you, evenings are my worst time and I save points for then. I think it has just become a habit to eat then.

Have a good day everyone.

RABBIT
Old 07-31-2001, 11:39 PM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Unhappy Just Sucks!!!

I gained 4.4 pounds and it SUCKS!!!! I have been off program for a full week and look what happens. Okay lesson learned....back on we go.

Hot as heck here too. I wish they would shut down work for a day. But since we have AC I do not see that happening.

YEAH for Coke donating 50 thousand to the little boy who lost his arm to the shark. And Lucky Jessie for having a great friend who was drinking Coke to win the million dollars to give to his friend. That is a true friend...both those boys are blessed.

Only 9 more days and my baby will be 10!!!

Hope everyone is well!!
Old 08-01-2001, 10:51 AM   #5  

HELLO!

Everyone must be very busy. I finally had a day where I had points left. Whew! I have been struggling lately. I so hope I am home for awhile.

Pryia - sorry about the gain. I will have one this week also. Always good that we learn something from it though. Hope your son has a great birthday!

Gotta run.

RABBIT
Old 08-01-2001, 12:20 PM   #6  

Rabbit: I rented Family Man last week too. I thought it was very good, really mades you think about how different your life can turn out based on one decision.

I actually got up early yesterday and went for a quick walk alone before the heat index hit 110, otherwise the boys and I were pretty lazy yesterday. I didn't get up early today....but I think I'll be just as lazy.

I'm hoping that one of our glass interns will watch the kids for me tomorrow so I can go flea marketing - I need a 'old junk' fix.

I was planning to run up to my parents for a few days but they just came back from Oregon with a nasty flu so I'm going to wait till all the flu germs die before making the trip.

later, jul
Old 08-01-2001, 01:13 PM   #7  

Hello Everyone:
Okay so far today I have had a great day. I have journaled and stayed with what I wanted to do.

Mind yesterday at this time I was eating like there was no end in sight. I did not stop until I fell asleep. Man that sounds just bad.

I bought a notebook(black paper) and gel pens to make my journal. I don't like the WW ones, so I don't know why I did not do this sooner. And I have all the pretty pens. Anything to keep me journaling.

Very hot here too. That is why we all stay inside. But the weekend is suppose to cool off. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

LBH hope you are okay. You must be really busy.

Rabbit stay cool
Jul- Hope you get to junk shop soon.

The fair is here next week. I get to GO ALONE!!!!!!!!! And walk through all the buildings and not here.....MOM let's go!!! I am so looking forward to it.

Have a great day!!!

Old 08-01-2001, 08:37 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow, I really need to be here more often...I just need the time!! I sucked it up, went back to WW after 2 weeks away...this was the third week. I only gained 1.8, which I was satisfied with. I knew I would gain, and I was hoping it was less than 2 lbs., but thinking it might be more, especially with Aunt Flo here! It's really disappointing every time I go though, because I have yet to find a leader that is great...like the kind of leaders I read about on this site!! I've been to soo many different meetings trying to find someone good and it's not happening. Thank goodness I depend on you guys and my DH (and the rest of my family) the most, otherwise I don't think I'd have any support!! It just annoys me that I pay 12./wk. to get weighed and listen to someone babble on about things I should be doing that I already know!! I'm not sure what I'm expecting, but I don't go away from there feeling renewed, or great, or whatever I think I should be feeling....Ha, like my $12. was well spent!!

Pryia- Thanks for worrying, but I'm really fine, just trying to get back on the wagon. I got the Double Stuff's out of my system...ate a small bag in 3 days!! I can relate to your eating everything that wasn't nailed down!! I saw those midnight post-its and gel pens in our supply catalog today, but didn't order them because I knew I'd get yelled at!! I usually log my food here on the other thread I do, but I haven't had time to do it, so I've been trying to just write it down, but I haven't been doing to good with that either.

Elisa- I hear ya'! Had I known at the time how much DH spent on that bike thing, and how not good it works, I would've told him not to bother!!

Do any of you know of a good way to consolidate debt? I called our bank today to see if we could apply for a personal loan and they said they don't do personal loans for CC debt. Is this the case with all banks?? DH really wants to find a way to consolidate his 4 cards into one payment...so would I!!

Anyway, gotta run!!! Have a great evening all!!
Old 08-01-2001, 08:54 PM   #9  

Talking I did it!!!

I said with in my points. Used
26.5/29 and I am very happy about it. I
needed today so bad. Tomorrow I plan on
doing it again. I guess that 4.4 pound gain
did more for me than I realized. Good thing
cause I did not want that to turn to 5 or 10 or so on and so on.

LBH-We just switched office supply companies at work. One of the samples they gave me were black post it notes and a gel pen. So I use them. My boss just laughs. I said gel pens and black post it for everyone. I bought the stuff hoping it will help me journal not only food but thougts as well. It helped today....I did not go in the kitchen and get cookies when I was bored. See free food is bad!!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 12:54 PM   #10  

HELLO 30'S!

Next month I will be a 40 something instead of a 30! But I think I'll stick around.

2 days in a row with atleast 1 point left. Whew! Now if I can keep this going . . .

Jul - I've been going to a rec ctr. to walk since February and in this heat, I feel so fortunate to have it. Next week they are closed for maintenance, so I guess I'll be outside - hope it cools off. I really like walking outside best though most of the time.

Pryia - hooray for your good day! The 4.4 seems to have put you right back on track. I love gel pens!

Lauren - my sister is one of the lucky ones who has a great leader. Also she has someone very inspiring in her meeting who has lost 175 pounds! Every once in awhile we are fortunate here to have a super substitute - I like our leader fine and don't want to be mean, but she's just not very inspiring.

Have a super day.

RABBIT
Old 08-02-2001, 07:02 PM   #11  
Pink Thingy

Thumbs up

I am doing really cr*p at everything right now, but for some strange reason, I still will not give up!" Guess I am truly starting to understand the phrase "as stubborn as a mule".

Went roller blading on Saturday and will start back my Tae-bo tomorrow and jogging is soon to appear on my agenda. All I need now is to sort out the points and the water. Can you imagine having all cylinders firing at once!!!

I have missed quite a few weigh ins - guess I am trying to avoid reality, but I guess I need to see the gain, to help me refocus. I suppose the real problem was that it took quite a few months to lose such a small amount of weight and then I was stuck for about two months and I just have not been able to gain back my mementum. Guess I need to take the bull my the horns and weigh in, Pryia that seems to have got you back on track pretty swift. Wish me luck. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Do you guys have black post its over there? And what are gel pens? I bought a Marks & Spencer diary and I have pens - one lilac (which smells of grape) for losses and activity and a red pen (cinnamon) for gains - I suppose once I weigh in, all I will be able to see in the journal will be a sea of cinnamon smelling red pen - so I will have gained, but my journal will smell lovely

Take care for now

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 08-02-2001 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:06 PM   #12  

LBH: when I was a loan officer (10 yrs ago) we did 2nd mortgage or equity balance loans for credit card debt. We usually required them to listen to us lecture them and then would have them cut their cards. The most cards I ever saw was one lady with 16 cards. She cried and cried and couldn't make the first cut without her husband holding her hands and making the cut for her. The 2nd mortgage or equity balance loans usually have a lower percentage than a personal loan. (This info is 10 yrs old remember). I would start playing the transfer game and switch balances around on those offers for 0% for 6 mts. But you have to remember to close the old account...you don't want 6 cards you want to work your way down to 2 or 1. As you play the transfer game, the one with the smallest balance make the biggest payments on it (and minimum or a little over minimum on the other 3). Pay it off quick and close it, then work on the next smallest. Its a fast way to see results. I need to listen to my own advice. We had no credit card debt for 4 yrs and then this year hit and we've been using them alot (bad Jul, bad Jul). We should have a couple of good shows in August and September and I'm hoping to beable to pay my 2 cards off.

Rabbit: I wish I had a rec. center to walk in....that would be so nice.

I did get to go to the flea markets today. I only bought one thing but I had the greatest time being 'alone'.

- jul
Old 08-02-2001, 08:32 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! I'm at school right now on a break, so this will be quick

Lauren: Try a credit union if you are a member of one. I got a personal loan for 15,000 through ours and they didn't care what it was for. It was great til I got the card out again and charged it up!! It started with Hawaii and didn't stop.

OK, teachers back so I gotta go!!

Karen
Old 08-03-2001, 09:17 AM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately a 2nd mortgage or home equity is out, because we don't have a house! DH has a lot of pride and will not ask his parents for help. I don't know if that's a guy thing or what. My mom bailed me out 2x over the course of my charging years. I bailed myself out the last time, and have stayed out of debt for a few years now. My debt was never as high as his either, he owes 22K!! My mom said she could right us a check for it today off her home equity, and we could pay her back, but she feels his parents should jump in and help...which is true...if someone's gonna help, it should be his parents. I'm realizing as I type this that I must sound like a spoiled brat...believe me, I have never been spoiled, at least not monetarily. I just grew up in a family that helps each other, and is not too full of pride to ask for help. The way I see it, he would not be asking for any hand outs, just a loan, or something to that effect. IF his parents would do what my mom is willing to do, the interest would be a lot lower and we wouldn't be running in place! I just can't make him see that. Unfortunately, we don't get many of those 0%, or low interest card offers. Lately they all seem to be variable rate. I used to get stuff weekly from Capitol One, but they also won't give me a card. So I called them once and told them to remove me from their list. They didn't. I called them shortly after I got married and told them if they didn't remove me from their list immediately, I was going to sue them for harrassment, because they send me stuff every week!! They did this time!!

Anyway, I told him to call them and ask to have to interest rate lowered a little, because they're all high, like 19 and up. I told him to ask to have it lowered to at least 12% or something.

Sorry, I shouldn't be here blabbering about my DH's CC debt. I have found some useful info online though. I too always heard that you should pay the lowest balance first, but yesterday I read that you should pay the highest interest rate first, because it doesn't matter what your balance is, if the interest rate is sky high...which kind of makes sense.

Anyway, I think I was a little over in pts. yesterday, have not finished adding up, but had McD's for dinner...

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-03-2001, 12:45 PM   #15  

Lauren: I know what you mean. Every year for years Kenny's mom has sent us huge checks (like $20,000 a year - the max you can gift with out tax $10,000 per person). Well this year she didn't do it (she is mad because we haven't been out to visit her...like we really have time while we're trying to build our business). Just yesterday I was daydreaming about what I'd do with the money if she sent it....like pay off the credit cards and the truck and write the rest of the mortgage payments for the year. I gotta quit doing that because I think she is really mad this time and isn't going to send the money!

I think your right about there not being as many 0% offers on credit cards anymore. While the economy was great they were in my mail box every day, but now that there are so many lay-offs and scares....the offers have been around 7 or 9%. Hmmmm there is a psychological discussion in here somewhere!! Yes, its a good idea to pay off the higher interest rates first but sometimes people need that little emotional boost by paying off the lowest balance first just to prove to themselves they can do it.

Well, my exercise today was to mow my own yard. Its big, hilly, and rocky. I usually pay a man to mow it for me but he ticked me off so I've mowed it myself the last two times....now I'm wondering why I started hiring him in the first place!! I enjoyed it, and it was a good workout.

- jul
Closed Thread