Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 01:33 PM   #31  
Donna

TGIF!!

Rabbit your not talking to yourself, I'm just not replying .

Well on the goal front, my sanity is taking a turn for the better, I've decided not to stress about the house thing and just let what happens happen . This has taken a huge load off my neck and sholders (where I carry my stress).

On the weight front I lost a pound at WI on Tuesday, only a half pound more to get back where I was 2 months ago :.

Rabbit - Welcome back, and good luck with the staying OP. You've come a long way you can make it to the finish .

Up&down - Welcome!!!! I'm definately on the up and down cycle myself. Good luck with your goal .

Gotta go. Have a great weekend everyone.

-Tech
249.2/234.0/170ish
Old 07-27-2001, 09:07 PM   #32  

Hi Rabbit--

Thanks for the encouragement. You are doing great!
How long has it taken you to lose this much and have you done it all with WW.

I was on WW last summer and was doing well. Went on a long vacation and got out of the habbit and, well here I am. I gained back all but 4 of the 25 lbs that I had lost!

This time I am hoping the extra encouragment from this site will help. I probably need to go back to meetings as well.

Good luck on meeting your goal by your birthday! I might meet mine by my 40th birthday--only 2 and 1/2 years to go!

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 07-28-2001, 06:40 AM   #33  
Pink Thingy

Thumbs down Hi up&down and everyone else

well I am not doing at all well. up&down, hi, welcome and your name describes my weight loss efforts right now!!! I am stuck in a groove, but you know what - I am gonna get out of it. I haven't posted on my goals as I have not weighed in for about 3 weeks trying to loss the excess I know I have before going to weigh in. I am pleased to say that I went inlining today and I am gonna pick up on the excercise and water front again. And I am almost sure I can still meet my Labour Day goal if I STICK TO THE PROGRAMME!!!!!
Chin up everyone, we will all get to where we want to be eventually
Old 07-28-2001, 09:24 AM   #34  

HELLO!!

I did great yesterday until dh brought me home some cashews. I don't know what possessed him to do that or what possessed me to eat them.

Tech - congrats on your loss! Glad you're letting go of the stress!

Up & Down - How long it took me is a sort of complicated question. Let's see. I started in Feb '99. I lost 19 pounds before joining WW. I lost 33 more pounds that year in WW. That makes 52. In 2000, I lost - and gained back - 13 pounds. I weighed the exact same the week after Christmas in '00 as I did in '99. I was rather bummed about that. And this year, as of my last weigh in anyway, I have lost 8. The meetings help me - I feel more accountable if I have to go in and weigh. Thanks for the encouragement on the bday goal - it will be very hard for me to accomplish that - and cashews aren't going to do it.

BFB - hooray for inlining! You have to feel good about doing that for yourself. Those ld goals are coming up fast. I've got to be tougher.

Have a great weekend everyone.

RABBIT
Old 07-28-2001, 08:23 PM   #35  

All I have to say is WOW! We all have a lot in common! I was so shocked to learn that everyone at this site is human and no one has all of the answers! I guess that is why this site is so helpful. Even when you slip up, others are there to encourage you . . . others that are facing the same struggles and challenges.

Thanks for making me feel right at home y'all! Thanks for sharing Rabbit! Welcome back BFB. Good luck with your goals too tech!

Blessings,
Up& Down
Old 07-29-2001, 02:08 PM   #36  

HELLO EVERYONE!

Hope you're all having a nice Sunday. Dh and I went to the rec. ctr. today because he did not have time for golf. I'm happy with myself for getting exercise in both days this weekend - got away from that when I was gone.

Also I was OP yesterday. Whew. I overate at my sister's and continued those habits for a few days when I got home. It was tough getting back with it. I know I will pay the price at weigh in this week, but am happy that I'm on my way again. I've been remembering to "talk" to myself and remind myself of my goals.

Up and Down - No, we sure don't have all the answers! We are all facing the same struggles as you said and it's so nice to be able to talk about it.

OK, I have a "mini" goal for myself for this week - to be op everyday. It's time to do this right.

RABBIT
Old 07-29-2001, 04:04 PM   #37  

Rabbit, this is my third day OP. I haven't exercised, but I am going to the gym in the morning. I've been drinking water like crazy, and trying to keep in the forefront of my mind how much better I feel about myself at a lower weight, and how the only way I'm going to get there is to think about what I'm doing. The family is having hamburgers tonight and I'm having a turkey burger with no bun. I'm regaining control.

See you soon.
Old 07-30-2001, 12:50 PM   #38  

HI!

Sonya - Super for you! Maybe you can keep me going also. I was only OP yesterday because of my exercise points - and I usually don't like to consider those. The family had hamburgers here last night also and I had a Boca Burger! Great minds think alike, I guess. I did have lite bread with mine though. And I had a salad. Glad you are regaining control.

Those cashews dh brought me last week and the cookies I made for ds are temptations I just can't afford at this time. Next time ds gets peanut butter cookies (I don't like pb). I don't want to rely on willpower - it just isn't always there.

OK, gotta go make my salad. I'm having some grilled turkey breast on it today - I think the protein fills me up for longer.

Stick with the plan everyone!

RABBIT
Old 07-30-2001, 06:17 PM   #39  

Rabbit, I convinced the family to have tuna salad sandwiches tonight, and I'm chopping up all kinds of vetables so that it will be crunchy and flavorful. Good job on the boca burger, and on the exercise too!

Sonya
Old 08-01-2001, 10:41 AM   #40  

HELLO!

Sonya - Yesterday I was FINALLY under points. When I was wanting a snack in the evening though it was a darn good thing there was nothing "bad" in the house or I might have eaten it. Instead, I had light popcorn. And for my sweet craving, I had ff chocolate pudding. My snacking in the evening is a bad habit. I will most likely have a gain this week at weigh in. When I got back last week from my trip I weighed at home and I wrote down how many pounds I have to lose to get to my WW goal and I'm crossing them off as I go along. That's helping my focus and should help me get through facing the scale at weigh in tomorrow. Keep the faith!

RABBIT
230/170/LD161.2/WW158/145

Last edited by Rabbit; 08-01-2001 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:31 AM   #41  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Welll, I bit the bullet and went back to WI last night. I was gone 2 wks., and I gained 1.8...and I deserved at least that much! It was a nice enlightenment though, so hopefully this will get me back on track. UGH, I'm up .4 from my starting weight for this goal...now I have 9 lbs. to lose in 5 wks! I will try, but that's 1.8 a week...it will require a lot of work!!

Starting Weight 7/4: 237.6
JULY 11th Weigh In: 236.2
AUG 1 Weigh In: 238.0
Goal Weight 9/5: 229.0

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-02-2001, 12:41 PM   #42  

HELLO!

Another day under points - whew! Not soon enough for tonight's weigh in, but I'm on track again.

Lauren - good for you for biting the bullet! I will have a gain also and am up from when I started this goal. Bummer. But we must press on!

Bye now!

RABBIT
230/170/LD161.2/WW158/ME145
Old 08-03-2001, 03:59 PM   #43  

hello . . .

Well, I really gained alot in 2 weeks - - bummer. I gained 3.2 pounds. I was really hoping it would be less. I'm here to report the damage. Hope you all had a better weigh in this week. Have a great weekend.

RABBIT
230/173.2/LD161.2/WW158/ME145
Old 08-03-2001, 05:48 PM   #44  

Rabbit, sorry about the gain. Hang in there, please!

Sonya
Old 08-04-2001, 01:04 PM   #45  

HI.

Sonya - Thanks for the support. I'm not giving up - onward, I say! My sister has rejoined WW so that gives me another person to talk with and dh says he will do this with me. Hope you're doing well!

RABBIT
230/173.2/LD161.2/WW158/ME145
Closed Thread