Old 06-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of June 19th!!!

Happy Father's day to all the fathers!!!
Off to visit my dad!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

We are having a quiet day here. DH just got back after a few days in VA, so he just wants to chill. We did make a run to Costco. I thought everyone would be home today, grilling with dad. Nope. It wasn't a good Costco day! I was so happy to get out of there! We are having to refill the pool. The air ring got a hole in it somehow. So, we lost all of the lovely warm water and now it is COLD. BRRRRR! Doesn't stop Alex tho. He loves the water even when it is freezing! Which means that Mom has to be in the cold water too. Yuck!

Hope everyone has had a beautiful weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I just want you all to know how much i hate you...I'm sick as a dog...will probably be a full blown sinus infection within a day or so. Just kidding about hating you all, I love you guys, just bad timing!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, Sorry about the sinus infection. Probably from all this crazy weather! 90's one day 70's the next. Hope you feel better.

Karen, maybe (hopefullly, probably not) if you are in the cold water, shivering, you could loose more wieght? Well it's a thought.

Happy Fathers' Day to all your husbands.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. I have been reading, just not posting. School is crazy busy, my car was dying quickly so I had to do car shopping. I did end up getting one with my dad's help. It is a candy apple red chevy aveo. Not a fancy car but it has everything I asked for and a little more, plus it was the right price. Considering I asked for an automatic, and air conditioning, I am happy. Did I mention it was brand spankin' new? Only had 20 miles on it. Well must get back to homework.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:55 AM   #5  

Hello All, I'm off to the gym in a bit, congrats on the new car, Lisa!
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I tried a new potato yesterday. It's called a purple creamer potato. And it is bright purple inside! They look like new potatoes so I got a bunch of small ones to make smashed potatoes. I figured the skin would be a little purple looking. Nope, the flesh was bright purple. They were yummy. DH said that the skins looked like raisins and freaked him out a little, thinking raisins were in his mashers!

Lisa: Congrats on the new car! It's always fun getting a new car. When I got my new car about 2 1/2 years ago I was bummed because we were going to get a Hyundai. It's turned out to be a wonderful car and about 5,000.00 cheaper than a comperable "regular" car.

OK, I'm needed!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:06 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi Alll,

Karen, were they good mashing potatoes? What did Alex think of them? Might be nice for a change.

Lisa, congrats on the new car!! Hang in there with school!

I'm home today and headed to the Drs. at 2:45...need drugs desperately!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:00 PM   #8  
On my way!

Hello everyone! I'm new here

Nothing much going on here today, I'm getting ready to take the kids to the park for a little bit. It's such a beautiful day outside.
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi Susie, Welcome to 30-something's! You're doing an awesome job!! Your goal weight will be here before you know it!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #10  
LBTEPA

HI everyone
just checking in, we are having a hard week in terms of sleep/energy - DD seems to have developed separation anxiety (along with 3 teeth at once) and needs to be rocked back to sleep at night (never happened before, oh well) and I'm trying to balance a niggly hip, physio treatment and some gentle running, going ok so far.
Lauren - here's to drugs - hope they are working!!
Lisa - a new car!! A new red car!! Ace!!
HI Susie, welcome
Wanna hear something funny? My new skirt looked really terrible, as though I had a big(ger) tummy - then I realised it should be worn as a hipster, not on the waist where I had it LOL
Aussie factoid for the day - Father's Day in Australia is in September. Happy US FD to your Dads and DHs/DPs
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #11  

Wow, LBTEPA, you are so close to goal, keep going!!!
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #12  
LBTEPA

Thanks Moma for that nice comment
I don't feel close to goal at all - I have gone up and down the same 1.5kg for months now, which is kind of discouraging (although I haven't gained which is good,and I'm certainly shifting my lard around into better spots since I got back into running). I'm beginning to think that my body might actually like it at this weight, aarrgghh. Rather than aiming for 'weight loss', I think I'll have to shift my focus to 'good habit formation' and see what happens.
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #13  

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I am MIA this week. I'm getting out the end of the year paperwork for our MOMS Club. Since we are a charitable organization there's a bunch of stuff that has to be done. It's mostly done and waiting for our treasurer's signature! Yay!! This will be such a relief to be done with! It's taken hours and hours!

Smoo: Hi and welcome! You are doing awesome on your weight loss. Maybe you could come over here and kick my lazy butt. It needs something to get it in gear.

LB: Funny on the skirt. If I wore a hipster I'm pretty sure I would be arrested for exposing things better left covered up!

OK gotta run! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:25 PM   #14  

Default When it rains, it pours!

This seems to be my month for ailments. No sooner was I getting over the sinus infection, and back on track at the gym, then my back goes out. I know it was from my own stubbornness/stupidity. I was lugging heavy boxes of clothing down from the attic, when ZING!! sharp stabbing pains in my lower back. UGH!! I seem to be prone to weakness in this area, as this has been a recurring injury for me. I have regular bouts with my low back about 2-3 times per year, and typically seek conventional treatment (ie: muscle relaxers, and bedrest)...Well, I've had it, and I'm mad!! I'm sick of this dumb old back!! I made my first-ever appt. with a chiropractor on Tuesday morning, and have had two "adjustments" already. My treatments are scheduled for 3x/week for 4 weeks. I certainly hope this will be my answer to my now weakened vertebrae. Anyone have experience with a chiropractor before?

LBH, how are you doing? Did you get some abx? Are they working?

Smoo, welcome to 30-Somethings!! I'll have what you're having...your ticker indicates excellent results!! Congratulations!

LBTEPA, sorry to hear about your hip, and your physiotherapy...I didn't realize that your "soreness" was so serious. Was this from the new sneakers?

LISA, congratulations on the new car! What fun! A new car always perks me up

Off to ice my back...i'll check back later

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

I'm feeling much better. Sunday was the worst. The Dr. did give me an Rx for Zithromax, but told me to hold off for a couple days and see if the other drugs he gave me worked, because it wasn't an infection yet. I filled it, but held off, and so far OK. He gave me Bromfenex and something else, can't remember the name. Never heard of either one, but the other one is a cough med, and the Bromfenex is a decongestant and antihistimine, I think. Can I just say, it's amazing the amount of snot that can come out of one little nose?! I stayed home Mon & Tues, but I'm back at work today.

LB, how old is DD? Hope the teeth come in quickly and the phase passes fast!

Edith, I've never had back problems, but DH does, and he's always aching after doing anything strenuous. Drives me nuts! Take it easy and hope the adjustments are helping!