Old 02-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Chick, which LC did you have? I've had a few I hate, but my favorite is the Chicken in Peanut Sauce.

Lisa, Sorry about your friendship. I've been there and it's tough, but you have to do what's best for you. Geez, I can't believe you got attacked by a bird!! I think that would've been my last day working there!! Hope you're OK!!

Karen, a little late for a holiday party, isn't it?! Sorry you had a crappy time. I wouldn't know what to do with a little baby! Peter & Robby seemed soo tiny to me at birth, I think I'd be terrified to hold a 6-7 lbs. baby!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #17  
~In my own little world~

It was Chicken Carbonara:

Chicken Carbonara
Roasted chicken tenderloins in a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce with bacon, mushrooms, basil and garlic. Served over a bed of linguini tossed with roasted red peppers.

It was so nasty that Lean Cuisine doesn't even show the picture on their site anymore.

Have you ever looked at their site? They have a lot of meals I've never even seen and some sound really good too.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

It sounds good.

I am still bopping around gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. Yesterday I made it to the pool, it felt really nice, though I did have to stop and stretch my arms quite a few times.

Those are very cute baby pics! I need to bust out my own camera. It has been stashed since Christmas.

I have insomnia tonight due to a cup of coffee at 8pm ~ silly me. I decided to come down to the computer and work on my grad school application. My DH finally finished his "gradual" degree this year, so now it is my turn. I am going to take the slow track. I can do the entire thing online through the University of Idaho. Our school district pays for up to 6 credits per year and I have 24 credits to take. My plan is to do 6 a year and not pay for anything myself except texts and materials.

My kids were both on the small side to start off (about 7 lbs), but my cousin had a little girl (full term) that was 5 lbs and is consistantly on the small end of the percentiles. Jane is 4 months old and still in 0-3 month close loosly. She is totally on track, just looks like a tiny little elf. Her mom is 4'11" and never had weighed over 100 lbs until the pregnancy (she is now back down to her usual 95 lbs) and her dad is only 5'4". I was weird how much my cousin Chris looked like me when she gained weight for the pregnancy. It gave me a glimpse of what I would look like thin. I don't see it ever happening. I would be happy at 150. But it was interesting.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #19  

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is DH?? Is that someone's initials. Just making sure there is not some special "code" that I need to know about.

Had a very busy day today. If I haven't mentioned it before I work full-time from home as well as care for my 5 year old and almost 2 year old. In other words, I get no lunch break, 15 minute break or 5 minutes to myself. Work has been busy this week so I am glad today is "hump-day".

Since this is SuperBowl week there have been a lot of celebrity sightings, supposedly John Ellray was seen at a resturaunt picking up some nasty chicks last night. Who knows, there have been a lot of phone calls about it to a local radio station. Some big parties are going on this weekend but since it costs $200-$500 a person to get in I guess I won't be going Not that I was really planning on going but it would be fun, there is a Maxum party, Hugh Hefner party (yeah, i'd really want to go to that one!! NOT) and a few others for all the celebs that will be in town.

Good luck to everyone on meeting their goals. I am still having trouble getting serious, it's like I think about it all the time but can't seem to DO anything.
Will try again tomorrow.......

See Ya
ashana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Ashana,

DH is Dear Husband; DS is Dear Son; DD is Dear Daughter. No I was heating up LC's Lasgna. (sp?) It was good, I was just tramitized. (as you can imagine)

Today has still been on the bad side, but I know it is going to get better. It has to.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #21  
~In my own little world~

After I posted that about the bird I felt bad. I have a weird sense of humor. I hope I didn't offend. And I'm really sorry about your friendship. I had a bad situation a few months ago with a friend I've had for eons. Thus the friendship dissolved. It's been crushing. So I truly sympathize.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #22  

Chick, you did not offend. Don't worry about it, I have a warped sense of humor and took it probably in the spirit it was given. Shoot even my own mother laughed about it. I know that is going to stick with me the rest of my college carrer, and be mentioned at every family gathering, so your little bit of ribbing is not going to hurt one bit.

I am feeling better today. I had a good long sleep last night, and at least feel refreshed. I am trying to just focus on my studies to get me through. (Easy enough)

I am already looking forward to the Semester is over and we've only been in class something like 2 1/2 weeks. Ugg!

Well anyways, enough about me.

Hello to everyone.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #23  
~In my own little world~

I'm glad you didn't take offense. That's the thing about typing and not actually talking, ya know? Anyway, it's been a rough and exhausting day here. My kids, my DH and myself all had this horrid stomach virus last week and now they are closing schools all around our county b/c of the flu. Our county isn't closed but 3 of my DD's best friends are all home with the flu. I just can't have anymore sickies in this house. My little boy has asthma and tracheomalachia and he just can't get sick. *sigh*

I ate pretty well today and really worked out tonight during CSI and ER. I'm beat. I sure hope to get a good nights sleep tonight. I'm all full of nerves though. Maybe I should go jump on the bike again. NOT!!

Good night everyone and have a great day tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:14 AM   #24  

Hi All,

Another quick visit

Its been and interesting week. First up Jack started School and he loves it. He can't wait to get there every morning. He didn't even drop a tear on his first day Unfortunately the same can't be said for mum who dropped more than a few when I got home from dropping him off. He is just getting so grown up. Then just as I was getting used to one of my babys going off to school we added 2 more babies to the house lol. In the early hours of this morning my cat, Cassie gave birth to 2 kittens. I just wished she had of waited until the daylight hours lol then I might have actually got some sleep - she needed a bit of help with the delivery but hey got to practice my midwifery skills . Hannahs stitches also came out today and her booboo is healing really well and I can actually wash her hair tonight (is it really sad that I'm so excited about that? ). Oh and one more drama for the week - my babysitter who watches the kids before and after school when i'm at ubni upped and quit on me so I spent the rest of the week running around trying to arrange child care . Which is really difficult at this time of year. I managed, finally, to get them into an out of school hours childcare program which we cost a fortune but at least they're cared for. With all this going on I haven't had time to weigh in this week but I'll do that tomorrow although I'm not looking forward to it - my diet has not been wonderful this week.

Lisa - I hope your starting to feel better about everything now. Deciding to break up a friendship is painful, even if you know it's what's best for you in the long run.

Lauren - Robby is getting so big and I love the photo of peter covering his eyes lol sooo cute!

Chick - you poor bugger. Its hard enough with one child sick let alone the whole family. Especially when you already have a child with a chronic illness. My daughter has asthma too and I dread her getting sick. I hope they are all recuperating well.

Karen - I'm sorry you had such a miserable time at the party. Kids can come in handy when you just want to go home They are a great excuse.

Morrigan - Good luck with the grad school application.

Hi Ashana - and everyone else I might have missed.

Have a great weekend
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #25  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

Lisa: Whoa on the bird thing! Getting attacked by a bird must be pretty common. I am an Occupational Therapist and when we bill ins companies we have to use a code book for the diagnosis as well as the treatment we do. We used to read through the book when we had a spare minute looking for new codes to use (you know the government, every now and then they'd come along and say we couldn't use the ones we had for no good reason.). There was actually a code for an injury caused by a bird. With and without sutures! So you are not alone! I know it's hard to loose a friendship. BTDT--have the T-shirt. If you need to vent, we are here.

Amity: Awwe. First day of school is hard. I'm not looking forward to it. I almost cried because Alex got his first pair of big boy sneakers this weekend!

Hello to everyone I missed.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #26  

Thanks everyone for the support (and the ribbing) it keeps me on track. Although yesterday I had two bowls of Ice Cream. It just sounded so good. The first one was at lunch and the other was after class. (I get done at 8)

I have decided that school work is the most important thing right now. Maybe after I am done with school (May 06) then I can get serious about a "friendship". LOL Anyways, the other night I had a 11 - 12 hour sleep and that really helped. Now all I want to do is move out of my parents house and get my own place. I want my own space!!!

Anyways thanks for letting me vent.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #27  

Hi All

Well I'm dancing this morning I jumped on the scales and despite a terrible exercise week I have met my valentines goal and a week early too lol I am now 190 pounds woohoo.

Karen - Thanks it was hard but he is having such a great time I have to be happy for him. lol at the sneakers I remember doing that too, with all 4 of my kids actually. they just look so grown up

Lisa - so glad your feeling a bit better and you were able to get a good nights sleep. Will it be too long before you're able to move out of your parents? Your braver than I - I go mad if my parents visit for more thane 4 hours I hope you find somewhere soon.

Hi to everyone else I missed. Enjoy your weekend
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #28  

Amity, I have been living with my parents since Nov. 03. It looks like unless I get a full time job, that I will continue to live with my parents. It really isn't that bad all of the time. I actually get along with them. Just sometimes we get on each other's nerves, ya' know? Anyways they're really good about it. They say as long as I need to stay I can. (I'm sayin' I want to move out) LOL!
Congratulations on reaching your goal! Maybe you can lose another pound or two by Valentine's day and that will make you feel even better.

Thanks to everyone who had encouraging words for me. I really appriciate it more than you will ever know. I think I am starting to move on, but I am definately not ready to date or anything! Oh No. All my friends want me to get out and date and I need time. Plus I want to concentrate on school and losing weight.

I have to get going, I have to put my clothes away and then hit the books. I have a class tommorrow from 8am to 12:15pm that I need to read 3 1/2 chapters. (Nothing like waiting til the last minute.)
Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 PM   #29  
~In my own little world~

Amity, you rock! Way to go on reaching this goal. I bet you are so excited and proud.

I always cry when my kids reach another milestone. The first day of school is huge.

I did really well eating today. And exercising too. I was on fire. I plan on weighing in tomorrow. I jumped on the scale yesterday and it hadn't budged so I hope tomorrow is better.

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #30  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Chick, good for you on the eating! Hope the scale is good to you today! Sorry to hear you've got the flu going around there...glad you're all feeling better, hope it stays away from you!

Lisa, so the "friend" was a little more? Even more reason to end it if things weren't working. God bless you living with your parents...I totally relate. My mom drives me crazy most days, but I just keep telling myself that hopefully it's only a year or so! That's one of the reasons I haven't gone back to school...waiting til the last minute to do things! I'm not a very good student!

Amity, WOOHOO!! Congrats on meeting your goal!! Soo glad Jack likes school! Although it is sad when they don't care that you leave them! I remember crying Peter's first day of daycare...he was only 12 wks., but still... Then when he got older, he used to wave bye to me and that just killed me...even though i was thrilled that he loves it there! Soo glad Hannah's doing better!

Ashana, sounds like you're pretty busy! What kind of work do you do from home?

Wendy, good to see you! I'm sure you'll get back on track soon! Maybe we need another challenge? Hmm...St. Patrick's Day Challenge maybe? Congrats on getting to go to grad school! That's great that you can get it all paid for! My cousin's wife is like that, around 5' to begin with, and her daughter was only 5 something at birth. She's still little and she just turned 6 in November. I think Peter will be catching up to her in a year or so! He's already almost neck & neck with their 4.5 y/o son!

Lots of cleaning to do today! Have a great weekend all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote