Old 12-05-2004, 12:40 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ~~December 5~~

Hello All!

Not much going on around here. It's drill weekend for DH so Alex and I are just hanging out. DH only has a year of active drilling left. I'm *SO* glad. So's he! He's tired of never getting to do anything because of drill. He's either not wanting to do anything because he has to drill the next weekend, drilling or not wanting to do anything because he drilled the week before for three weeks out of every month. He missed a drill in Oct for a friends wedding so the past five weeks have been drill, off, drill, off, drill. I'll be glad when he's done for a while.

We are going into the city on Tuesday to see the windows and the tree. I'm excited. I haven't been in at XMAS for about 4 years. I love the decorations and I think Alex will love the windows. Of course, they are forcasting rain. MIL had to call to tell me last night so she could pop my happy bubble. Tuesday is also the first night of Hanukkah. So we are actually going to be at her house for candle lighting. We bought Alex a little 'tar (his word for guitar). DH is hoping that he will play with it and let him practice on his. Everytime he tries to play Alex has a fit wanting to play too!

OK, I'm just a chatty Kathy today! I hope everyone is having a super weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Will check in later when I can. PC is not hooked up at home yet, and mom's computer is waaay slow, so I waited til I got back to work.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:03 AM   #3  
No description available.

Karen~Is he in the Reserves or the National Guard? Or drilling for oil?

Lauren~I don't know how you get everything done on top of being pregnant! Moving, a little one...I am impressed!

To everyone else, Hi! I read faithfully although I don't always have a chance to post.

I have plateaued. It is not fun. I actually bought yourself!exercise for the x-box and had quite a workout last night. This may be what I need to break the plateau. That, and being stricter on what I am eating. I have found myself sliding with portion control and junk food.

We put up our tree last night and it is so beautiful! I love Christmas!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello to all!

I am taking a study break and checking the posts. I know how you feel midwife. I need to do something too.

I did get my exersize in today, I helped mom move the furniture around in the living room. One Lazy-Boy sofa with feet rests, one futon, coffee table, and two rocker recliners. This is all in anticipation for the Christmas tree.

Well must get back to writing my paper, it's due later today.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #5  

Well my last exam is today. It will be over at 8:00pm or sooner if it doesn't take me all class period. I want to eat something really rich and chocolatey. But I will be good and not do it.

Talk at ya later.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #6  
No description available.

Good luck, Lisa!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #7  

Hi all. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to check in much lately. But had to check in on Lauren - the time is getting so close!

Hope you all have a blessed holiday season.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #8  

Hello All,

Whew. We went into the city today to see the windows and the tree. Alex really seemed to like it. He loved the tree. We tried to see Santa at Macy's. The line was so long we just went to the "PEEK" at Santa window. I couldn't believe how long the line was.

Lisa: Good luck on the exam.

Hello to everyone else. I'm hitting the shower to get the city gunk off!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:06 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, You had a gorgeous day to be in the city! You couldn't pay me enough to go though!!

Rabbit, Thanks for checking in on me...2 days of work left, then I get to lounge (HA!) for a few weeks until baby!

Lisa, How'd the exam go? I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors!

Jen, You know, during this season, it's probably best to concentrate on NOT gaining, instead of losing, so a plateau may not be such a bad thing! Hang in there!

RR, Hope all is well by you guys?!

Anyone care to share pics of their tree? We don't have ours up yet...no room in the LR yet! Hopefully this weekend we can get it up!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #10  

Hi guys,

Lauren: Have you guys picked out a name yet? No tree here. I don't want to chase Nikki out of her spot in the living room. I haven't quite decided where I'm going to put Alex's Santa presents yet. The city wasn't bad at all. The only thing I really had a problem with was the cigarette smoke. It seemed like I was continuously by someone smoking. I don't remember it ever being that bad before.

Hello to everyone else !
Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #11  
LBH

Nope, haven't settled on a name. We don't discuss it much, but DH is standing firm with Brian and I'm standing firm with Jacob...or Daniel...or Ryan. OK, so I'm not standing firm on anything except that I really don't want Brian...but I'll probably lose!

Do you have a little tree you can put up? Like a 12" on the coffee table? That's probably what we'll end up doing, the stupid, ugly little one!

Are you guys doing Hannukah also?
Old 12-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #12  

Helllo all. Thanks for all the well wishes on the exam I know I missed at least 6 points (I didn't answer the questions). Grades come out on the 15th so we shall see. We do have our tree up but I have no way to download it on to the computer. It's really pretty though.

Gotta go, sounds like dinner is almost ready.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:56 PM   #13  

Hello everyone.........................

Believe it or not, I just got my DSL service back on today after being w/o it for a month! I have been so frustrated with Bellsouth. I have not had a chance to read the posts but will try and do that and catch up on all I missed. I am leaving in the morning to go get my Dad for x-mas. He is going to stay with me for a month. I am so excited and can't wait. I was not able to get him for Thanksgiving because of all the chaos with moving etc.

We got moved in our new house finally the week before Thanksgiving. That was another nightmare. Now we are focusing on selling our other house so we can minimize our debt some. LOL

I really want to start focusing on getting back to walking and drinking water and watching what I eat. Hopefully after the holidays I can get back on track.

Hello to all the newbies, and all the regulars. Hope you all have a good weekend. I will be back home Sunday afternoon.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #14  

hello all! I have been a busy elf! I think all the shopping is done - although I'd like to pick up a couple more stocking stuffers for the guys if I get a chance.

Yes, my tree is up and I think it's my favorite one ever. It has really long branches so we could put more than one ornament on a branch. I think it really showes the ornaments well. I don't know how to use the digital camera - but if I figure it out, I'll take a pic.

Lauren - glad to hear you are doing well and I'm very happy for you that you will be done with work soon! Your name story was funny and reminded me of a radio program I listened to and they asked - who picked the name, mom or dad? People were calling in and they were some of both, but it seemed that mostly the women won - after the men saw what they went through in delivery, they said - whatever you want, honey!

Lisa - you must feel relieved that the exams are over. Hope you did well.

Jackie - woohoo you're all moved in!

Karen - that would be so fun to head to the city and see the decorations!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:46 PM   #15  

Hi Guys,

We've had a crazy couple of days. FIL is back in the hospital again. He was only out for about 11 days. I don't things are looking well. His son is here from FL (he's not DH's father), so at least they are getting to visit. BIL has a new son so I'm glad that FIL got to see the baby if anything happens.

Jack: Glad to see that things are going well for you. I hope you have a nice visit with your father. How's things with the new house? Is it fun to be in?

Lisa: Sending good grade vibes your way!

Rabbit: Cool that all your shopping is done! We're done, but that's because we are only getting for the kids. There are only 5 (other than Alex)...two of them got checks since they are flying home, two got magazine subscriptions 'cause their mother thought they would love them and the last one's mom is so picky about gifts that she bought what she wanted him to have and sent it to us to give to him. How's that for not having to do any shopping?! I only shopped for Alex and my secret santa. DH and I are not doing gifts for each other this year.

Lauren: Yes, we do Hanukkah and Christmas. We only did the candles on the first night with DH's mom. Alex got a guitar from us and he has been playing it almost non-stop. He's so funny with it. I will have to take some pics of him when things settle down a little. MIL has a teeny 4" tree (we called it the bonsai xmas tree) that I may see if we can borrow.

I hope everyone is having a super weekend!