Old 11-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ~~November 21st~~

Good Afternoon all,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's rainy and dreary here. I'm stuck inside with a sick baby. His nose isn't as runny today, but he's running a slight fever and the cough sounds icky.

Lauren and RR: Are your kiddos talking yet? He's in this grunting mode that's driving me batty. Even when he has the words (like for drink or car) he just points and grunts. I'm sure the grumpiness from the cold isn't making it any better.

Lauren: How's the move going?

RR: How's Kaylee? I hope she is feeling better.

Hello to everyone!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:11 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!
Karen--I have been soo worried cuz K doesnt talk yet...Since having her ears done again, she now chit chats constantly and I couldnt be happier..As far as the grunting and the whining, she is a pro...She sounds like a fire truck,no lie..She starts with a high pitched "siren" whine and then it escalates to the "horn" noise...It is soo amusing. She knows every movment to the Hokey Pokey, Head and Shoulders and any song but it is just since the tubes that her mouth moves to the "words"..In the last 2 weeks she had added Truck, Bus, outside, etc etc..She doesnt even say the word "no".....The grunting and the pointing is something I live with, with my 8 year old so I am use to it by now..The saddest thing is that I can ask K to go "get my shoes" and she does it but her 8 y/o sister still cant comprehend tasks...That is why I worry more about speech because of her role model at home....

Well..off to work!!! I love getting there at 5 again...The extra I make getting there earlier pays for daycare, so I feel like I am getting "free" money!!!
Working on the Will Power for this week!!!!
Hello to everyone!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:31 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Whew...we did it...OK, not totally, there's still a bunch of stuff at the apt, but all our clothes and major furniture is at mom's. We slept there last night and this AM's shower was just glorious!! (The shower at the apt. is tiny, the shower at my mom's is huge!) Both of us are kind of hurting today, DH from moving furniture w/my brother and me just from being on my feet and exerting (sp) myself too much.

Karen, Peter's chatting up a storm, starting to get into 2-3 + words at a time. His ennunciation (sp) is not all that good sometimes, but he's getting there. He's also started doing this high pitched girly-man whine! I tell him all the time, don't scream like a girl!! And it's all about drama too...he scraped his knuckles on something over the weekend and has too tiny little scabs on his pointer and ring finger on one hand...you'd think the world was coming to an end! Every now and then he'll stop, look at them, then reach them out for us to see and whine, boooo, boooooo, with this hurt look on his face like he's scarred for life!! He's really got this hysterical personality lately though. Oh, and he's obsessed with school buses and trucks lately.

RR, Enjoy the "free money"! Glad to hear K is chatting up a storm now! I swear Peter exploded with like 20 new words one weekend! I'm sure having #2 being slow at things will not deter K!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Remember not to stuff yourself.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #6  

Hi guys,

OK, guess who's sick now. Yep. Me. Ugh. The boys did not have to share this with me. I've been feeling like poo the last couple of days.

I hope everyone has a super Thanksgiving!! Mine will be with the witchy SIL, so if anyone has any spare good thoughts, send them my way please!

RR: How cute on the Hokey Pokey! Be sure to get her on video. Alex has been going around saying shhh and putting his finger to his mouth. I couldn't figure out where he got it from. We don't do that to him. It's in a Wiggle song, of course! He's started trying to dance with them and it's hilarious.

Lauren: Oh yes, we are very dramatic here too! Goodness, I think he's going to go into acting when he grows up.

OK, he's awake now. Gotta go!

Hi to all!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:14 PM   #7  

Ok Karen--thanks for getting me singing "hands in the air, rock a bye your bear, bear is now asleep--shh, shh, shhh
I went to www.deepdiscountdvd.com and bought all of the Wiggles DVD's..She loves them all except when they turn into puppets and she has a fit!!!
Gotta run!! Ready for bed!!!
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!
RR
Old 11-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #8  

Well I have returned from Thanksgiving at my one Grandmothers house. I am still stuffed. <-- This is what I feel like! Tommorrow my parents and I are going to Indiana to have thanksgiving with the other side. I must say though I ate less than I thought I would. Well now it is time to get working on homework.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #9  

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I let my stress get to me and did a bit of overeating, but not horrible. I did skip the Pizza that DH had, so I guess I'm doing OK.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:59 AM   #10  

Good Morning!!!
I survived Thanksgiving dinner...Only a few bites and no desserts what so ever!!!The answer---A WHINING BABY!! OMG...I held her all day and she whined and would not let me do a thing..I even blew up the space walk I bought for Christmas and had to get in with her and hold her hand the entire time...It makes me worried that something is going on with those ears!!!
RR
Old 11-26-2004, 09:10 PM   #11  

Hi all,

We stayed away from every road that had a mall today! We did pretty well, too. We went to visit FIL in the hospital (he's been there for over two weeks now and things just aren't looking great ) and we were by an Army base so we decided to stop in at the Exchange. I found the fireman's helmet I had been looking for! Not only that but it was a kit with a radio, a badge, a whistle and an axe for only five bucks! Yaaahooooo! AND, we missed all the lines by being there later. I hope all of you had success in your Black Friday adventures.

RR: I hope K's ears are OK! It's hard to see the little one's in pain. Are all these infections going to effect her hearing? I sure hope not.

Hello to all!
Old 11-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #12  

Now that thanksgiving is over I can buckle down to Christmas. Yesterday it was Thanksgiving with my Dad's side. We went over to an amish resurant in Indiana. It was so good, but the portions were huge!! I did have a piece of pie, but I split it with my mom. Then for dinner I had a ham sandwich.

RR could your daughter be cutting some teeth? Children sometimes are clingy. She might also have another earache. I don't want to alarm you, but I had to have tubes put in my ears twice as a child before it worked. It could also be wax buildup - another problem of mine. Hope everything works out.

Lisa