Old 10-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of 10/3**

Hi All,

Can you believe it's October?! Where has the year gone? Here's a Fall poem to get the week going:

In autumn when the trees are brown
The little leaves come tumbling down
They do not make the slightest sound
But lie so quietly on the ground
Until the wind comes puffing by
And blows them off towards the sky.

(Not sure who wrote it, or I'd give them credit)
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:40 PM   #2  

I can't believe it's October either!

RR - hooray for getting your work schedule changed!

lauren - he seems so young for a toddler bed!

gotta run - Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I hope everyone has had an awesome weekend. I haven't done so great eating today. I'll have to get back on track tomorrow. The food at the wedding was so awful last night we filled up on bread and cake. I think that made me SO hungry today. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

Yep, I'm with the other two. I can't believe that it is October already!

Hello to everyone!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #4  

Hi all...................Sorry I have not been around much, but work and everything else has been terrible since the hurricane. We got our power back on exactly a week after the storm. I am so behind at work, at home etc........... I thought it would slow down at work last week, but it actually was worse than the day after the storm. Plus I have been staying til 5 every day, which is part of why I am behind because I am to worn out to work any overtime to get caught up on MY stuff! I am going to start back to my 7:30-3 tomorrow.

I skimmed the posts and tried to get caught up with everyone. Please know even though I might not address each one of you, I did read the prior posts.

RR: Sounds like a good work schedule, except for the 5AM thing. LOL

Rabbit: Happy belated birthday, hope you had a good one!

Lauren & Karen: Hello........

My eating has been awful lately, only thing I have managed to do is drink extra water. Good job to all of you who are trying to eat healthy, as always, you guys are my inspiration.

We are still not in our new house yet, I am hoping by next month we will be in. They are going to do the tile on the kitchen countertops and our front and back porch this week. Then we have to get the plumbers in to install the toilets and sinks, and then hopefully we will be close to moving in. I am tired of it dragging on.

Take care and have a super Monday!!!!!!
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I can't believe it is October. I have been so swamped since school started. I mostly go to bed early and haven't been online hardly at all other then to email myself work from home to school or school to home. Eating has been terrible. The last straw. I gained back the weight I lost before school started and my big clothes are starting to get tight. I just keep telling myself - I'll start tomorrow, or next Monday, or next month. I have gotten in a few workouts since September 7th - I still can't believe it has been a month since school started. I was just going to pat myself on the back for getting in 5 workouts, but that is only 1 per week. I need to do better than that. Wil and Anna are doing great. My cousin had her baby last week, so my mom has been out of town helping her and I have been on my own with backup babysitters while I am at school. I haven't had to do daycare yet, but my grandma is getting a bit tired of doing both of them.

At any rate, tomorrow is Monday. I am planning on weighing in, writing stuff down, and doing some push ups or something. I have free daycare at my gym, but Wil screams the entire time he is left there and they always call me back. When my mom gets back next week I am going to take her to the gym with me and have her sit in the gym daycare with Wil to try to get him used to it.

I haven't even had time to lurk lately, so I will have to catch up with everyone as we go.

-wendy
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:18 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Wendy, nice to see you, glad you got a chance to pop in! Good luck getting back on track! You can do it!

Jackie, nice to see you too! I figured you were swamped at work! Glad the house is coming along at least! Post some pics when you get a chance!

Karen, Ugh, bad wedding food! Hope the cake was at least good!

Everyone else
Old 10-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #7  
No description available.

Greeting from me!! I have been insanely busy...trying to keep with with healthy eating and exercising. I think I will probably not make the Halloween goal of 175....but I will be in the 170s!!

To all you Jersey girls--I live in New Mexico and have never been farther east than Chicago. New Mexico is gorgeous in the fall...The Balloon Fiesta is going on now and there are hundreds of hot air balloons...

Now that I am pondering the situation, I just might be able to make it to 175...I bought some jeans in the spring (did not try them on in the store...they were 16s so I figured they would fit! WRONG! I could not get them over my hips. Haven't touched them since until yesterday and I pulled them on easily...they are loose!! Is that cool or what?

People are really noticing my weight loss. They are saying, "Wow, you look great!"....I have a little voice in the back of my mind that whispers, "What, you didn't think I looked great before?", but I squash that voice and say "THANKS!!"

Well, my kid is hollering for me! TTFN!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #8  
LBH

Awesome Jen! I've never been west of...hmm...the airport in Cinncinati! I'm headed to SF end of this month though, so i can finally say I've been cross-country!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #9  

hi everyone.

This is the week I'm determined to get my life back. It has been chaos since early August and I've got to get some balance back. Everything has suffered, particularly my weight. I can't do this anymore! It's a new day and a new week.

Jackie - oh, a week without power! How awful.

Morrigan - you sound like you've been so busy also. Hope you can get a handle on everything.

Midwife - glad for you that you are doing so well!

Lauren - I love San Francisco!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:33 PM   #10  

Rabbit and Wendy, I understand how you feel. We all have bad days or even bad weeks! As long as you can get back on track, everything is fine.
Lauren, San Francisco is great because you do LOTS of walking. What a great way to lose weight.
Midwife, You're an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work!
To all the others: hello! It's STILL hot in AZ. I've been all excited to exercise outside but it's almost still too hot. Yippie! It's time for me to go home. Have a good HEALTHY rest of the Monday. Veggies and water everyone.
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:46 PM   #11  

Hello everyone and hope you all are having a good day.......

Jen: That's wonderful about your jeans being loose. I seem to hover between 14-16, depending on how they are made. But I would love it to get into something a little smaller. I did not realize you live in New Mexico, and bet it is beautiful in the fall.

Wendy: Nice to see ya again. I'm with you and everyone else, where did the time go???? It will be Thanksgiving before we know it. My DS just had a month off from school with the latest hurricane that came thru here. They start back next Monday and he is counting the days. What grade did you say you teach? (I apologize if you already told us)

Lauren: Swamped at work is right, and today was not any better. I am seriously thinking about Calgon 24hrs a day! LOL (Don't think that would be a good idea for that long though)

Karen: Sorry the food was not so good. I have a wedding to go to this weekend and I hope they have some good food there, not that I really need it.

Rabbit: You can do it, you can do it, I know you can! I hate times when it is non-stop. Good luck with getting back on track.

RR: Hello, how are ya?????

Hello to anyone I missed!

Jackie
Old 10-04-2004, 10:45 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Just a so-so day here. The boy is sick again. Since he stopped nursing it's been one cold right after the other. I feel so bad for him. He kept me up most of the night coughing. He also slept with us for a greater part of the night. He always does when he's sick.

Here's a new pic:

I hadn't updated his webpage since June!! I was getting complaints from the family so I finally got it done tonight.

Jen: Wow!! You are doing awesome. Keep up the good work. Maybe I will be there one day. (And maybe purple polka dotted pigs will fly too!)

Jack: Glad that you are getting things back together. Sorry work is so busy.

Hello to all! I'm being paged. Gotta go!

Last edited by KarenK; 10-11-2004 at 06:18 PM.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:31 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, Cute pic, he's getting so little boy looking now, not a baby anymore! Love the hair!! Do you give him vitamins? I'm really bad about giving Peter his, but lately since he follows DH everywhere, DH gives him his vitamins when he takes his daily drugs. Thank God they're not as awful as the first year ones, they were stinky, I couldn't even bare to make him take them! They said at 2 they can start taking chewables. I've also been buying Stonyfield Farms yogurt because I read that it has the most live cultures in it (6), so I figure they've gotta be good for something, right? I mean, the kid would eat a 6-pk. a day, if I let him!!

Jackie, you'd look like a raisin if you stayed in a bath 24 hrs.!!

DG, I don't know that I'll be doing tons of walking, being 30 wks. PG! At this point it feels like the bottom will fall out after about 15-20 min. of walking around a store!

Rabbit, you can do it! Maybe it's time to take a break from the trips for awhile? If possible?

Rabbit/DG, Any must-see's in SF?? We won't have a ton of time, but would like to maybe see a few things, if possible. I think we're in the North Bay area? (they're getting married at St. Peter & Paul and the reception is at the Fairmont.)

Have a great day all!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:04 PM   #14  

Karen: Cute picture, and so sweet looking............

Hello to everyone else. I just got in from work and am exhausted! Will talk to you all another time......

Have a super hump day!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all...K is sick again...SHe was up all night with the cough and congestion and the yuck..I had to pick her up early with fever and not eating...I am questioning if I was smart to give her the flu shot this year???Pedi says it is not the flu shot just a relapse in the mess from before...Karen--my night sounded like yours.I will have to call Uin the middle of the night
He is growing up!!!

Rabbit--Good luck slowing down!!! I cant see U doing that!!!

Jackie--Glad things are getting better...Good luck on the house!!!
MW--Congrats on the jeans!!! I started walking again because my jeans were snug this weekend..Hoping it was just AF that reared that ugly head on Sunday!!

DG--It is in the 90's here also!! Horribly hot!!
Hello to anyone I missed!!! Wendy--Good to see U!!!
Eating habits are much better!! I am still in the maintaining mode but wouldnt mind losing 5 more lbs!!!
Off to bed!!DH is watching the debate!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote