Old 08-01-2004, 09:05 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Aug. 1st**

Hi All,

It's raining here, darn it! I was hoping for a nice day. It was actually thundering a little before too. Weird for first thing in the AM. Peter had his first sleepover last night! He stayed at my mom's. She'll have him for 3 nights in Oct. when we go to SF for BIL's wedding, so we wanted to start getting him used to it now. We stayed and I put him to sleep before we left. Mom finally called at 8:30 and said he slept all night and had just woke up 10 minutes ago!! She said she was up a few times during the night checking on him. I am shocked because he hates sleeping in the pack and play to begin with. When she came in this AM, he just cuddled into her for a few minutes, then they were off to the family room to play! He was playing with his animal sounds books when she called me.

DH & I are going to see some open houses today. They're all out where we used to live, west of here, where it's less expensive. Most of the houses are within a few blocks of the lake, which is kind of nice, but I'm curious to see if they get a lot of water in the yards. I guess today is really a perfect day to go, but it's pretty crummy out right now.

Have a great day all!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:44 PM   #2  

Hi all..........................Hope everyone is doing okay. Me...............just busy busy. House is coming along. We got all the interior solid pine wood doors installed last week. DH and I decided we would save some money and varnish all the trim and doors, ha..............what were we thinking???????? Anyways we got all the pine molding done and the molding to go around the windows. We just have 15 doors to varnish, so that's what we will be doing next weekend.

To top that off, our dryer went out for good. Could not wait another month or so when we are moved in and I have my new dryer. Our new appliances have been on hold since Feb so we are getting them delivered to our old house tomorrow and this way I will have a dryer. I cannot live without my dryer.

Lauren: That really sucks about your co-workers. I think that is so childish. I am so glad I don't have to worry about that. You are a sweet person and don't let them get you down in the dumps. If I was closer to you I would be glad to tell them that!!!!! I bet you can't wait to find out for sure what you are having, although it sounds like you might have it figured out already.

Hello to the rest of all of you.

PS: I am down 2lbs!!!!!!!!
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Back from vacation and just about settled in. We came home a few days early on Monday because Wil (ds) had a fever. 7 hours of being squished between 2 carseats in the back of a Grand Cherokee was to close for comfort. My mom got sick Thursday and my DH and I got it Friday. Now it is a week later and things are just getting back to normal (sort of). The NORBA Nationals are at Schweitzer this weekend (mountain biking) and my husband has been working 10-15 hour days all week since he got home.

The scales didn't look to good after 3 weeks away. I threw dieting out the window and made cookies and bread for my friends the whole week while we watched the tide come in and go out. I gained 5 lbs (and this while nursing). I keep putting off my new start a diet day. I was going to start today (being August 1st), but after 4 blueberry scones at breakfast decided to wait until tomorrow (being a Monday), then flip-flopped, skipped lunch, swam a few miles down the beach with dogs in tow, had salad for dinner with a few cheetos and am calling it good with under 2000 calories and the first real exercise since 1 month before Anna was born.

JB: Note on doors, we finished out house 5 years ago, doors are still not painted, paint is sitting in basement, exterior doors are rusting.

Lauren: Wil sleeps over so much he doesn't even miss us. It sure was nice the other day when I was sick. I spent the whole day in bed with Anna and didn't have to chase a 2 year old while dealing with a fever and chills. Thank you for grandparents.

I bought a little calorie counter and exercise journal to keep with me.

ready, set, go
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:07 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Hope everyone has had a super weekend (with NO headaches ). Ours was OK. We went to an RV dealership openhouse. DH really wants one. He found out they are a lot more expensive than he thought. It will be a long time before we can afford one.

Lauren: I'm working on it!! I try not to fixate on it tho. Cause I could way to easily. I promised DH that I wouldn't do the whole temp taking thing. He just wants it to happen, if it does, without obsessing. You're almost half way there!! I so hope it's a girl!!

Jack: We have hardwood floors and I really love them. Except for chasing the dog hair around. They are supposed to be better for allergies.

Morrigan: Glad you are feeling better. It sucks to be sick when you have to chase little ones around.

Have a great Monday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

Nothing much going on around here. Alex is better...no fever. But he is *so* whiney. If he stumbles, he cries. If he decideds he doesn't want a particular toy anymore, he cries. I don't let him have the remote or the phone, he cries. Ugh. I hope this phase passes quickly.

Have a great Tuesday!!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:07 PM   #6  

First real day of watching what I eat. I did well, even made it to the beach for a swim. I called my folks and told them to bring the boat and dinner and I would meet them with the kids. My mind's eye pictured a nice swim, a light dinner and back home. Actually it turned out that way, but meanwhile my dad called a whole bunch of our friends and invited an extra 8 people, I was kind of irritated ~ I usually like big groups, but I have had several days of them and I wanted a quiet evening. Turns out hardly anyone could make it on short notice and a thunderstorm rolled in before we could go wakeboarding (I still haven't learned), so we just came home.

Ended up with 1400 calories and exercise, things are looking good.

Wil hasn't done whiney yet, I hope it never comes up, but I am guessing I won't be that lucky.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Things are OK around here...still miserable at work, but that's not gonna change anytime soon. Peter started in the Toddler room yesterday (18 mo.-3yrs.). What a miserable start to the week! I just wanted to go pick him up and cuddle with him the rest of the day. The woman that works in the AM and late PM in that room has a big mouth and she's always yelling at them for something. I usually alternate between oatmeal and french toast sticks for breakfast for him, so yesterday I sent oatmeal. Peter does pretty good with a spoon eating on his own, but he gets distracted sometimes, especially with all these kids running around. He was at a table in a chair, not in the table with the seats in it. So I guess he was making a little mess, being distracted, and she yelled at him and told him he can't do that over here, he has to sit in the table seat if he's gonne make a mess. So he starts crying and she's trying to get him in the table, and I was writing down the weekly menu. So I stopped and helped her get him in the table, and sat down to help him eat. At that point he was soo upset, he wouldn't eat his oatmeal or banana. So I took him out and he went to play with his buddy Dom, but Dom didn't want to share his truck, so she yelled at both of them and he was bawling again. So I gave up and just held him. I was soo upset, I almost started crying...hormones. So I did finally make it out the door, but i was soo upset with her. She's not nasty when she yells, but I don't think she needs to be soo loud...it's her personality (older Italian woman!)

I'm also aggravated with their lunch menu. I agreed to include him in the lunch program for this week, but it's $25. extra a week. They have the same menu every week:
Mon: chicken nuggets, biscuit, veg
Tue: pizza
Wed: french toast sticks
Thur: mac & cheese
Fri: pizza
I cannot imagine that this menu completes any requirements for state nutrition guidelines, but I can't find anything online. Each meal also includes milk, juice or water.

So the Director is on vacation this week, and she's the only one I feel comfy talking to, so I'll wait until next week. I'm sorry I ranted about this...

Morrigan, Good for you getting all that exercise swimming. You'll make it back into the swing of things, eventually!

Karen, hope the whining subsides soon! He's not getting sick, is he? Ears maybe?
Old 08-03-2004, 04:32 PM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good EVening all!!!
Lauren--That really sucks about the daycare..I pay $90 week and that includes 2 meals and 3 snacks..Kaylee is in the toddler room which is 12-24 months..It is nice because there are no older ones running around..THey are all in the same boat..I dont tolerate yelling..That would make me soo angry!!!

Well...we are in the UP in michigan..Kaylee didnt like the hotel switching and would scream and cry when we were in a different place..She did great for the ride with her books..We took them all around Chicago and did the museams and things and then drove the rest of the way..I think it was better than hitting 22 hrs of driving in 2 days with no stops....

Karen--Glad Alex is better...I hate when they are sick..
Hello to all!!!! Gotta run..we are going to Lake Superior to the camp and go ride the boat to the lighthouses!!!
I will check in later!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #9  
LBH

RR, wow, sounds like you guys are having a great time! I wish you weren't soo far west, so you could stop by NJ on your way home.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is having (or had) a great Wednesday. Not much going on around here. Just popping in to say a quick howdy.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #11  

Vacation Pictures

On the first 2 days, I am in the green hat, my DH (Scot) is in the yellow hat, our son, Wil, is in the striped shirt and all the baby pic's are of Anna.

I am having a heck of a time staying on program. I keep snacking and cheating and not writing things down, etc. I have actually gained 5 lbs in the last month. I need to figure things out. I came down here to the computer rather than have a second snack before lunch. I just wish it was easier to be good.

This next week is going to be tough going anyway. We have season tickets to The Festival at Sandpoint and are going to be at a concert Th, S, S this week (skipping Friday for a wedding) and Th, F, S, S next week. My parents pack elaborate dinner and drinks for us all to eat on the lawn before the concert. When I leave the computer I am headed down the the garden (mostly a mess of weeds) to see what is still growing and pack lo-cal food for the concert tonight.

Daycare sounds really stressful. I have only had to take Wil there 4 times, I am glad it isn't a daily thing.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #12  
LBH

Morrigan, AWESOME pics!! Where were you on vacation? Looks like you all had a great time! Wil & Anna are soo cute!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #13  

Hi. I have just started WW this week. I LOVE the support that is offered through
this website and forum!! Sometimes I can feel so alone in this battle...and then I log on and find sooo many just like me!! It really is a great thing.

Any tips anyone could give me would be appreciated. As everyone is at different stages of their program, I am sure that there is alot of advice out there!

I know the food issues are one thing to tackle, but so is the exercising! I have always hated exercise! Never did great in gym at school! Sports was not one of my strengths! Yet my 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter are a basketball freaks! Must get it from their dad!

Anyway, hope everyone has an awesome week. Will check in once I do the first weigh in....Thanks again for the welcome.
HippieHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #14  

Hi guys,

Well, I put Alex in his bed and let him cry. (This was after a 1/2 hour of him pulling my hair, digging his fingers in my neck and trying to put his toes in my ear and/or eye.) I couldn't take it anymore. I sat with him for an hour. He would cry for a few minutes. Play with his pillows for a while. Jabber and talk. Then cry some more. After an hour my behind was numb from the rocker so, I just left the room. He cried for about 45 seconds then fell over asleep with his legs through the crib bars. He's been sleeping there for an hour now. Sorry for posting our sleeping woes, I just gotta get it out. DH is tired of listening to me moan and groan. He wants me to just leave him to cry all the time.

Morrigan: Cool pics. Hope you had fun at the concert tonight.

Hippie: Excercise is my worst thing. Even if I'm doing OK eating, I can't seem to get my butt moving. And since Alex will only nap laying on me it's just getting wider and wider (my butt I mean). I really need to find some local support. I do so much better when I'm accountable to someone else!!

OK, gotta go. Have a great Friday!!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, what a funny visual of Alex sleeping with his legs through the bars! When Peter pulls that stuff on me, I let him sit in there and cry and scream and do whatever he wants for about 10-15 min., then go in when he's got himself tired out from all that and cuddle him for a minute or two, he usually goes right down! The Drama King!

Hippie, congrats on starting WW! It's an excellent program, and very easy to follow. Are you good at getting your water in? I think that's the most important thing! There's a couple of us here that are doing, or have done WW, so you'll find plenty of support. And there's also a couple WW threads throughout the site.

Have a great day all!