Old 07-01-2004, 03:12 PM   #16  

hello!

I lost another pound today.

Saturday AM I leave for vacation for a week. My goal is to maintain while I am gone.

Lauren - I'm not sure what they call them; I haven't been in the housing market for awhile. ~ My dh wouldn't want to live with any family! He was happy when the kids moved out. Consider yourself fortunate!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:17 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Alex's nose is finally better. The pedi said that PediaCare wasn't strong enough for him anymore. She recommended Triaminic so we loaded up on it. I tried it yesterday (it has an antihistamine) and he was SO funny. He took a short nap but then he was up running around so I decided to try the pool. He was sitting in his floatie falling asleep. I wish I had had a camera!!

Lauren: DH wouldn't want to live with my mom. Heck, I don't want to live with my mom. That's why there's 1600 miles between us!! I couldn't live with his mom either. I've had to tell her twice now that I will take care of Alex while he eats. She's constantly saying "Don't put too much in your mouth" "Let Nanna see" "Slow down" . During the whole meal, like I'm not sitting there taking care of it. Ugh. Sorry for the MIL vent!!

Rabbit: Yeah on the loss!! Yippee!!

DH is gonna be home for the next four days and I'm so excited!! He can finally play in the pool with us. We can have breakfast together. We might go to PA to our timeshare. We won't know what to do with ourselves!!

Hello to RR, Lori, Tiki and Jack!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:32 PM   #18  

Hi all.....................I'm here.

I am sorry that I have not been posting much. I am having a hard time with the loss of my Mom. I guess reality has finally sunk in. I kept trying to talk myself into being strong but I finally caved last week. I am not getting depressed or anything like that, but it's so hard for me to believe that she is really gone. I am also having some problems with my thryoid and go next Wed and Thurs for that. I just am so drained feeling that I don't even feel like exercising or eating the way I need to. Of course I am worried about that so that does not help things. In a way I hope that I am put on a much stricter diet as I am having a hard time with that as well. I will keep you posted.

Just wanted to say hello to all of you. I did manage to skim thru the posts and catch up on things. I will try and respond to all of you another day.

On a brighter note, they are going to start painting the new house Monday and a week from Monday put the flooring down. I am very excited about that. By the way, we decided on a color called "relaxed khaki", it's a very soft beige/tan color, a lot better than the original mustard color we picked out I think I am going to stick with the earthly colors instead.

I am fixing some stir-fry for dinner and I need to run and finish. I will talk to you all later. Have a good evening all........

Last edited by JackBlack; 07-01-2004 at 06:37 PM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #19  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren-- I would love to live with my MIL!!!NOT!NOT
I am floored by the house prices..For $329,000 we can get a >3000sqft home, brand new in a great neighborhood..5BR Mother in law suite etc etc
Unbelievable!!

Jackie--I am sending a big hug..I dont know what to say, except take your time and take care of yourself..Keeping you in prayers...

Welll..my Angel is getting sooo terrible two's already..She is tearing up the house and is such a dare devil...I am constantly on my toes running everywhere after her..This is great excercise!!!

One of my coworkers was shopping at the mall over the weekend and forgot her stroller so she rented one of them big metal bulky ones for her 2 year old daughter..She was trying on clothes at Talbots and her sister was in Lane Bryants when a 200lb mirror fell off the wall on top of the stroller..SHe brought pics today, and her baby was solid black and blue on her face, swollen ear and lip and blackened eyes..The only thing that saved her, was the big metal stroller took the most of the weight..She found out that a few years ago, a 5 y/o was killed by the same type of mirror...HEr baby is ok, just bruised..I would have been so traumatized by watching..Her sister is in therapy because it was so traumatic and there was nothing she could do to prevent it..I will never park my stroller by any tall mirrors at any store ever...Just a warning girls~
Well off to do the baths!!!!
RR
Hello Tiki!! Have a great time Rabbit and Butterfly!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

New here - or at least returning. I used to post fairly regularly until I got pregnant again and threw dieting out the window. Two good things happened. 1) I have a beautiful baby girl named Anna. 2) I was forced to watch what I was eating very carefully in my last trimester because I had gestational diabetes. My doctor sent me to a nutritionist who gave me a goal of no more that 14 carb servings a day and no more than 3 at any one meal. I was totally on track until about 3 weeks post partum and now I keep slipping into my old snacking habits. It is amazing how disciplined I was dieting for someone else, but when I try to eat healthy for myself I have trouble.

I need to read up on who has been here and that kind of thing. With a little one and a toddler I may not get to check in everyday - and I am headed off on vacation from the 13th to the 26th with no phone, internet, or TV.

I am 5'2", currently 192 lbs. My oldest is 21 months and I haven't been under 200 lbs since I had him in '02. I would like to lose 6-10 lbs per month. I am breastfeeding, haven't hardly exercised in ages, but am having my DH hook up the VCR in our tv room to get the old workout videos out.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:13 AM   #21  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Welcome Back Morrigan and congrats!! I too had gestational diabetes and was put on a similiar diet from my 5th month to the end..After having the baby (18months ago), I continued the diet but added 500 calories of good stuff like fruit, milk etc..I was able to get back to pre-preg weight in the 3 months I was home..I quit BF at 13 months and got back on a stricter diet..Of course I added a few since then(was pg for 8 weeks again) and now I am dieting again..I couldnt go anywhere to excercise so I did things around the house when she slept..I bought an excercise ball to strengthen the abs and butt and now we excercise together when she doesnt push me of the ball!!!!
Post pics of Anna and have a great vacation!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #22  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Morrigan, Welcome Back! Congrats on your little girl! We'd love to see pics of both your kids!!

RR, What ever happened with that house you were looking at? Are you guys seriously looking to move, or just browsing?

FIL nixed the house in Randolph...I'm not surprised. He told DH we could do better in another town a little closer...still further away, but a few miles closer. I think he's crazy, unless he's going to give us a huge downpayment, because although I love the town he's speaking of, it's not anymore affordable!

Things are crazy around here. Don't know if I told you all, but the VP of our dept. got canned earlier this week, the Trainer (who I supported) quit last week, and my boss gave her notice Wednesday! They're dropping like flies. I think I'm safe for now, but it's a very uncomfortable position to be in.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #23  

just wanted to say goodbye. Have a great week and a fun 4th!

sorry i didn't respond to everyone.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #24  

Hi guys,

We took Alex to Liberty Science Center today. I was letting him walk around and, of course, he fell. He bashed his face on one of the exhibits. The staff was very nice to us. They called EMS to check him out. He has a cut between his nose and mouth. The manager kept asking if it was an unsafe exhibit. I must have told him three times it was just an accident. The exhibit was fine. After we got all done and went back to the museum someone tried to open an emergency door and the fire alarms went off. We had to evacuate. During the folding/unfolding of the stroller we lost his sippy cup. It was a very eventful day.

Morgan: Glad to see you back. It sounds like you are doing real well. I agree with the others, post pics.

Lauren: Yikes. They are dropping like flies!! What's up? Is the mean lady still there? Sorry about the house. Hope ya'll find one soon.

Rabbit: Hope you have a fun vacation.

Jack: You just post when you feel like it. We will be happy to hear from you whenever you feel like talking.

Hello to RR and Tiki.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #25  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, That one got fired by the VP in April I think it was. Funny thing was, the girl she hired to be under her quit the Friday before they fired her! She wasn't even there the day she quit.

Rabbit, have fun!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:38 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Kid Pics - Wil turns 2 in September, Anna is 1 month old on Monday.

Thanks for the welcome back. I took them both to the beach for the whole day and then a hot dog/campfire/smore thing with a boat ride this evening. I had some roasted chicken breast instead of a hot dog, part of a smore and berries. Not completely good, but not overboard either. It is going to be another long day tommorrow. Our town fathers (the lions club) decided church was more important than the 4th of July, so the parade and fireworks and everything is happening onthe 3rd instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg annasmaller.jpg (23.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg willsmaller.jpg (20.8 KB, 7 views)
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #27  

Good Morning Everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in and say "HI"!!

Morrigan: Beautiful kids!! Way to go on skipping the hot dog. I bought Fat Free hotdogs for our 4th celebration and now we are going to a picnic at our time share property!! Maybe I should take them with us!!

Hope everyone is out enjoying a beautiful Saturday morning!