Old 06-23-2004, 02:02 PM   #16  

hello everyone! I'm doing fine here and am back to normal. I've had hot chocolate the last 2 days after lunch to cure the sweet cravings. It works great! I don't know if I'll have a gain tomorrow or not.

Karen - your new pool sounds fun and the little one will probably love it!

RR - what a cute picture! ~ Sorry about the family issues. I've been there and it is tough. Wish I had easy answers! My best advice is just to always be the best "you" you can be. Hang in there.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

OK. We tried the pool there were warm spots but the bottom was definitely cold. We would have been fine but the sun kept going behind a cloud. Then DS would start shivering. The last time it was behind there for a long time. We got out and as soon as we came in the house the sun was out again!! Oh well. We are off to get a ride on float and some water shoes.

Hope ya'll are having a super great day.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:29 PM   #18  

Hello to everyone. We made it back safe and sound. The funeral for my Mom went really well. Now I am trying to put it behind me and move on. I feel that I have soley focused on her the past few months and lost sight of myself, not that I minded, but I decided after her funeral that I was going to get back on track and take better care of myself. After seeing her health go down, it makes me want to really try to eat better and exercize. Right now it is raining 24 hours a day, not really, but that's what it feels like. Of course, I still think about her and have really missed her lots this week. I am trying to be strong and not let it get me down. I think I am doing a good job with that.

RR: So glad you are doing better. I have not been in a situation like that before, however, I think you do a GREAT job at being Mom to your step-children. Hopefully one day she will come around and that will be worth everything your going thru right now. Cute picture of Kaylee. Good luck with Curves.

Lauren: Cute picture of Peter! He such a cute little boy. That's awful about the fridge, but glad you got it replaced.

Rabbit: Hello and glad things are back to normal for you. I am trying to get there myself. I have been gone the last 2 weeks because of Mom, and boy has things backed up here at home. It will probably take me another 2 weeks to get straightened out. I love hot chocolate, but have not had any in awhile. That's great that it helps with your cravings, maybe I should give it a try.

Karen: Your pool sounds like lots of fun. Hope the weather will cooperate for you guys to be able to enjoy it lots more.

Well, I need to go do a few things before bed. Hi to all the rest of you, Tiki, Lori etc. Just wanted to take a few minutes and pop in and say Hi to all of you. I appreciate everyone's prayers and comments on the prior week thread. They meant a lot to me. If any of you would like to make a comment about what I have been thru with my Mom, that's fine. I do not have any problems talking about it. She suffered so much that I know in my heart she is in the best place. I just did not want any of you to think you could not comment on that. Talk to you all later!

Jackie

Last edited by JackBlack; 06-23-2004 at 08:45 PM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Boy, did I screw up yesterday. I had an Entenmann's chocolate frosted donut for breakfast, and a banana, chocolate chip pancakes and milk for lunch, and some Funny Bones for a snack in the afternoon...all carbs!! When I got home, I was starving and really shaky (a little hypoglycemic) I quickly ate a couple pieces of cheese, like my mom always told me to do when I get the shakes, and that wasn't kicking in, so I ate another donut, to get quick sugar. Mom happened to be over, so she told me to eat a spoonful of peanut butter which I did. After about a 1/2 hr., finally I was able to actually move off the sofa! I hate that feeling, my whole body feels like jello! I don't normally do stuff like that, I usually make sure I've got a decent amount of protein in, but because of the fridge fiasco, I didn't have any yogurt or other protein-ish snacks at work.

I made sure I brought a good mixture for lunch today though, leftover breaded chicken and ravioli. Had a bagel with butter and jelly and a banana for breakfast.

Jackie, I'm soo glad to see you back. I cannot even imagine the grief you've gone though. You're a strong person though, and I'm glad you're able to get past all of it, and move on to concentrate on yourself.

Karen, the first time we went in our pool, I was like, oh, it's warm...until I stepped in!! Maybe today will be better. I think it's supposed to t-storm tomorrow. Good luck with the water shoes...Peter hates his!! He was fine once he got going at SP, but getting them on was a fiasco!

Rabbit, I have HC sometimes to cure the chocolate cravings. We have a big box of it here at work that they get from Costco, so if I'm tempted to hit the reception candy bowl, I can head to the kitchen instead!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies,

What cute pics! I just LOVE Ernie. He was my favorite character on Sesame Street because he looked the most like me and the people in my house. DD also loves Ernie. My crew also loves the library. They just opened a new library near my job and the children's area is beautiful. We go there a lot in the winter and the crew either gets on the internet to play games or we find a hiding place (there are a TON of neat little cubbies) and read a book.

My cheer group has try-outs tonight - 26 girls, only 15 uniforms. Some girls will be automatically eliminated simply because we don't have uniforms big enough to fit them. I dread making the phone calls tonight.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:50 PM   #21  

hello all!

I had a good weigh in today and lost .8. I didn't know what to expect and thought the weekend might have really messed me up so I'm glad I was able to turn it around immediately when I got home. That was a long sentence!

Jackie - I'm glad you are back home and doing okay. It can't be easy.

Lauren - hot chocolate at work is a good idea. I often have it in the evenings if I want something sweet.

Tiki - good luck with the tryouts.

Rabbit
Old 06-25-2004, 05:30 AM   #22  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!! I switched with a coworker this morning and I am heading in for 4:30..I must have been insane to have done this shift for 8 years!!!
Dh just has #3 to get ready for her daycare since #2 is still away at camp(having a wonderful time) and #1 is at her friends...

Jackie--Take some time for yourself and do something nice..U need it!!

Rabbit--COngrats on the loss...I havent weighed in 2 weeks but people are commenting so I must still be ok..I am back in size4 but pushing for the size 2 since that was my pre-marriage size and I have tons of clothes..I have to live up to the old namesake and start "road running"!! I miss that..I told DH this is the first time in a long time, I am not running, excercising regularly or reading and I am beginnning to miss it..I honestly feel like when U dont move, U will be depressed...When I complain to DH he offers another type of excercise so, I just grin and walk away!!!! Maybe I need that hot tub!!!!!!

Good Morning everyone!! Let Us know Tiki about the tryouts!!!Lauren--Hope U are better!!! Kaylee is much better...still snotty but getting there..I am buying her a potty chair this weekend because she is interested in the toilet and I want her to start being comfortable so we can start seriously at 2...
Have a great day all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:16 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all, Good luck RR with the potty chair. DS had a terrible time trying to get trained, DD breezed through it and was totally trained (even at night) before she was two. Go figure.

Try-outs went okay. We had to cut 14 girls and it was hard making those phone calls last night. One parent called back and told me that God was going to punish me. Another said the criteria was too hard but if I can learn to do a back-bend at 36, then surely an 11 - 12 year old can learn as well. It came down to who was practicing at home and who wasn't. BUT, I still feel bad about it.

Oh well. Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:26 PM   #24  

hello everyone. I've gotten so much done this week outside that I feel great about it. I always do the mowing, but also did lots of sweeping, pulled the weeds and washed cars. I'm pleased with myself.

RR - size 4 wow! You are tiny. ~ Funny you should mention your roadrunner name - I was just thinking about that. I'm sure getting back to running could be a great stress reliever!

Tiki - I guess you just have to ignore the negative people out there. Nothing else to do about it. I'm sure it will be fun with the girls who made it.

have a super weekend all!

Rabbit