Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of March 7th Chat!!!!!!

Good Morning!!! Just sitting here alone finally in the early morning drinking coffee!!! Well, yesterday was my first 5K after having a baby and it really different..I did it in 58 minutes with DH and a friend and #2 and #3 in tow..First #3 was in the stroller then #2 gave out went in the stroller and I carried #3 the rest of the 2 miles.. It was quite a sight..I will post pics later!!!
I had some depressing reality yesterday trying to buy a dress for a wedding..What is with those mirrors???OMG I looked like a fat out of control whale..I was so and still am depressed...It is putting me on the band wagon starting today..I think my problem is "leftovers" Give out bugals, eat a few, left over chicken nugget when washing dishes eat it..taste test, etc etc..I am gonna become more aware today of what I am putting in my mouth...
On the good side, I found a great dress that was 75% off so it was $40 instead of the $120 original price.
Off to get some bills written before "Velcro" awakens!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 03-07-2004 at 08:39 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, Good for you doing the 5K, with kids in tow too! Now there's an accomplishment!

Last night, I told DH I feel like such a pig. I've gained like 10 lbs. since around Sept. and I'm soo out of shape. I feel like I'm "sloppy fat" now, not just fat, KWIM? DH & I are going shopping today to get all sorts of healthy stuff. I'm just going to buy pre-cut, ready to serve veggies and stuff, so I can keep them in the fridge to munch on. I'm gonna start taking stuff like that to work, otherwise I end up buying a candy bar or something in the afternoon to keep me going.

I've got a few crock pot recipes I'm going to try this week with my new crockpot. (Did I mention I got a new one? It's a regular 3 qt. size, as opposed to the huge one I have that we use for sauce and stuff.)

We bought a new baby gate at TRU yesterday. The one we have is the mesh net kind that BIL gave handed down to us, but I didn't like it because it was hard to get a tight fit with it and Peter would always knock it down. This one is pressure mounted also, but it's really strong and it's a swing gate, so it always stays mounted, but the gate can swing open. It's the "Hands-Free" by First years. It has a foot pedal that you step on. I love it! Peter doesn't....

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! It's gorgeous here today...a little chilly yet, but sunny and blue skies! Peter's watching Baby Mozart...go figure, he finally likes it! I can't believe I'm here on the PC and he's not crying for me to pick him up!!

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 AM   #3  

Okay all, I had a long post and experienced losing it.

RR: Great job on the 5K. Sounds like a good bargin on the dress too.

Lauren: I love to crock pot things, although it seems like all I fix is a roast. What are you planning on fixing? I also need to get serious about losing a few pounds.

As for me today, now that I have slept 1/2 the day away, I am hoping to get things working so I can do some work at home. I am waiting on a static IP address. It's so pretty outside today, sun shining. We have to get groceries, and I need to finish laundry. I rented the movie "Radio" and want to watch it sometime today.

Hello to Karen & Rabbit...................and anyone else that I might have missed.

Well, gotta run, family is stirring around.

Jackie

Last edited by JackBlack; 03-07-2004 at 10:47 AM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I have been a cleaning fiend today. Bathroom and my room are DONE. Yeah. I have a battery powered vaccuum (black and decker) and my batteries are dead so I'm taking a break for awhile. DS woke up at 7 this morning so we started early on laundry. Of course, he needed a nap by 8:45. That was cool with me. We both napped for 1 1/2 hours. Since then he has played in the playyard and I've cleaned. Whew. I still have a load of clothes I have to throw in. I put his pack 'n play down in the basement so I can take him when I'm going to be down there for awhile folding. It just makes it hard to bring things up and down. Well, up really. Down I just slide it down the stairs in the basket and don't care if it spills. OK, I'm like chatty Cathy here today!!

RR: Wow, cool on the 5K. And doing it with TWO kids. Yikes. I know how hard it gets doing the treadmill with the Kelty. I can't imagine carrying him for two miles.

Lauren: TRU is having a sale and gates are included. Make sure you got the best price!! Gates can be so expensive. You have to have a coupon but they have them in the store.

Jack: Good to see you back. The rest sounds good too. Hope you get the work done you needed to.

Hi Rabbit.

OK, laundry is calling my name. Gotta go. Get out and enjoy that sunshine!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:12 PM   #5  
LBH

Yup, Karen, went to TRU and got the $5 off! I'm soo happy with this gate, it's soo sturdy! Good for you getting all that done. I've gotten a couple loads of laundry done, but that's about it.

Jackie, I think I'll start a recipe thread for us! Post any recipes you like!
Old 03-08-2004, 03:11 PM   #6  

hello. A beautiful monday here. I did weights today and played tennis.

I have been real busy with both boys home - fortunately I have done fine with my eating even while making their favorites.

RR - woohoo on the 5 K!

Jack - good to hear from you.

Karen - I need to get in that cleaning mode!

Rabbit
*7.1 down, 17.9 to go
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:24 PM   #7  
LBH

Well, it was snowing this AM, and it's snowing again! :angry: The top of my car is completely covered! I HATE SNOW!!! Bring on SPRING!!!

Having a rotten time at work again. The wench threatened my job AGAIN! I said to her, I can't believe you're threatening my job AGAIN. I give up, I'm gonna start checking Monster. I can't work like that, totally stressed out for no good reason!! I'm not the kind of person that lets things get me all uptight and stressed out all the time, but I can't help it with her. My stomach was in knots all day! I don't want to quit, because the benefits are awesome. We have Oxford for health insurance and the plan is great...not to mention that up until 4/1, they're paying for it! And after that, it's under 100./paycheck for family coverage. But I need to keep my eyes open because I'm afraid after this big meeting coming up, they're gonna find a way to can me. I'm just soo upset about it.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:38 PM   #8  

Lauren: I am so sorry you are having problems with that person again. I hope things work out and you can continue to work there. Sometimes I wonder why some people can be such jerks. I will say a little prayer that things work out. You are such a nice person and I can't imagine someone not liking you. I meant to tell you earlier, thanks for the recipe thread you started. I have not had a chance to look at all of them.

As for me, I am still trying to get things set up at home to work. Our computer tech is not having much luck in connecting my computer at work to home. She is going to research some more things and try again tomorrow. It seems like I will never be able to work at home.

Hi to Karen, RR, & Rabbit, and hope you all are having a good day.

Karen: Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase come help me clean! LOL I need to do my bathrooms and I hate that chore. Although I always feel much better once I break down and get them cleaned. Lately I have been just doing enough to stay above water, and nothing extra. I know, I'm probably the only one in this situation.

Take care and have a good evening.

Jackie
Old 03-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #9  

hello. Dbs left today to spend some time at his mom's before he heads to base. Ds is here until Sunday. We are going to my grandma's 90th birthday party this weekend.

Lauren - I'm so sorry you have snow! And bummer about the job situation also, hope that improves.

Jackie - hope you get your work at home thing straightened out.

hello to RR and Karen.

Rabbit
*7.1 down, 17.9 to go
Old 03-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #10  

Default Hi everyone

Hi all thirtysomethings!

I just joined 3FC today after reading lots of posts for the last few months. I'll be 33 in October and am married. I want to lose weight because I really want to have a baby and hopefully a good pregnancy beforehand. I found this site because I have been on so many diets that I have become so confused as to what I should be eating and how much. I am trying to generally eat less and go to the gym (I joined last July and have hardly been to) almost every day. Almost all of the posts I have seen on all the boards here seem nice and supportive, so I wanted to say HI
txchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:26 PM   #11  

Hi guys,

Whew, what a day. We had playgroup and Alex tried to tear the ladie's house UP!! He was a little terror for the first half hour. No more used clothes from ebay. Yuck. I finally got the set I won and they look like three kids went thru them. Her idea of gently used and my idea of gently used are two totally different ideas. I'm probably going to donate them. I have two huge bags that need to go.

Lauren: I'm so sorry about your job. Maybe she has a relative who needs a job and wants to give them yours. Hope you find what you want (whether a new job or resolution w/her).

Jack: Hello. Sorry they are having a hard time getting you hooked up. Maybe they will figure it out. My DH is a computer guy and he has it so that he can access his work computer from home. I'm so bad at cleaning. I procrastinate until the job is overwhelming. I gotta stop doing that.

txchick: Are you from TX? If so, where? I'm originally from East Texas. I miss it sometimes. Welcome to the board. You will find lots of support here. There are three of us with fairly new babies.

Rabbit:Wow, 90th bd party! Hope my grandkids can say that some day.

Hello RR hope things are well with you.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #12  

I live in San Antonio, but I grew up in Spring (near Houston). I also lived in Beaumont for about a year when I was a teenager (my dad's job involved some travel) so I've been in the East TX area too
txchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:04 PM   #13  

Welcome txchick!!!!! I have 1 son who will be 12 in July, and am fairly new to this thread starting 1/04. I love the support and chat time with these girls. Please feel free to jump in anytime.

Karen: Sounds like an eventful day at playgroup today. I am glad I am not the only one that puts things off. Still not able to work from home yet. I think she is going to load something on our server so I can work from that. I'm glad she's the one doing it, because I have no clue. I would be curious as to what program your DH uses to be able to work on his computer at home, if you don't mind me asking.

Lauren: Hope things are okay. Pop in and let us know how you are doing.

Rabbit: Hope you are enjoying DS's company. Hope I live to my 90th B-Day. The way DS has been the last couple of days, not sure. (kids, you gotta love them)

RR: How are you doing these days????

Well, I guess I have spent enough time on this computer for now.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #14  

Hi guys,

Alex is playing happily so I have a few minutes to post. He's back to nursing for 6 hours at night. I know they say it doesn't work but I am going to try giving him some cereal before bed tonight. He usually eats dinner around 5/5:30. That means he's gone for 4 or 5 hours without eating until he nurses ALL night. I sure hope this works. I need a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep. It always takes me so long to go back to sleep.

Jack: I'll ask DH what he uses. Maybe it will give your tech a hint about what to try. Hope it's resolved soon.

TX: I lived in Houston for two semesters. At the Texas Medical Center Campus. I didn't like it, our friend was robbed at gunpoint so it sorta soured the experience . I've only been to San Antonio once but I really loved the Riverwalk. We had a nice boat ride. Anyhow, hope you are enjoying being here.

OK, gotta give the boy lunch. When did you guys start giving real food exclusively? I've been giving him baby food and then a little of what we are eating. What do you feed your guys? I mean, what if your having tacos for dinner? Or chili dogs (which are my plans for dinner)? Do you give that to them? Or do you make something special for them? HELP. I'm feeling tense about what food choices to make for him.

OK, really going now.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #15  

hello everyone. Not much new here. Ds and I are going to see 'The Passion' this afternoon.

Tx - Welcome to the group!

Karen - he nurses for 6 hours straight? wow.

have a good day all.

Rabbit
*7.1 down, 17.9 to go