Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default **All Chat **Week of: 2/15

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We went to an RV show yesterday. DH is obsessed with trying one out. He wants to rent one for a week and see how we like it. We went on one that costs $450,000. Whew, lemme tell ya, all the comforts of home. Well, almost. It had a washing machine but no dryer??? What exactly are you supposed to do with a load of wet laundry on the road? Hang it in the shower to dry? It was fun trying them all out. I used the sling for the boy and I ended up nursing him in it while we were walking around. THAT was definitely a first.

Hope ya'll are out having fun!!
Old 02-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm sick. My throat was kind of scratchy last night and I said to DH, I hope I don't wake up all tight...like i did last time I was sick. Well, that's exactly how I woke up. i only have 2 more Entex, so I'll probably have to go to the Drs. Peter's schnotty too, but seems OK for the most part. It never ends!

Karen, How did that work out, nursing him in the sling? I'm determined to have a sling next time, for that reason. I would love to rent an RV, was just talking about it recently becuase a bunch of the girls on the mom's board are getting together in St. Louis in March. Yahoo Maps says it's about 13 hrs. from here, so I thought if I could take an RV out, I could save money on hotels!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 02-15-2004, 11:50 PM   #3  

Hi all...............

Nothing much going on here. I am sick of rain, rain, rain. I think it has rained for a solid week. I am so.............. tired from getting up and down with the puppy during the night. After the last week and 1/2 I don't think I ever want to have another baby. Tonight he is sleeping in our spare room with the radio playing and the door shut. I have to get some sleep!!!!!!

Lauren: Sorry you are not feeling to well. DS has the starts of a cold and his asthma has kicked in. I think it's from all this rain.

Karen: Hope you are having a good day. Did you ever get that steak?

RR & Rabbit: Hello...................

Well, I am going to go turn in and try to get some much needed sleep. See ya all later.

Jackie
Old 02-16-2004, 07:37 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Just a quickie to say hello!!! Wow..AF and Valentines day on the same day..It was a bad diet day with all the chocolate floating around!!!!!

Karen--That sounds interesting..Nursing in the sling!!!!

Well..My little angel did great with the haircut..i will post tonight the picture!!She is soo irritable and snotty...
PS..Dont forget to watch the Birth Day Live today!! It features the hospital where Kaylee was born and my cousin(if the baby didnt come last night) will be on it!!!
V
Old 02-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #5  
LBH

When is it Vicki?! Now that you mention it, I thought it was yesterday!

Daycare is closed today, and DH & I both have to work. Mom is watching Peter this AM, and I'm taking a 1/2 day. Going to the Drs. at 1:00 because I think I've got another sinus infection coming. Had a horrible night again. Peter was up at 10:30, just briefly, then 11:30 til 1:00! I hate to say it, but I think it's his ears. Going to have my Dr. take a quick look in them when we're there.

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:52 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI gals.... I got a call at work on Friday that my little Kate had hives. Not sure why, but I called my doctor, talked to the nurse and she said that it isn't a problem unless they can't breathe. She acted totally normal, except that she has 3 teeth coming in at one time. Told me to give her a dose of Benedryl. Which worked and now she is spot free.

I had a bad eating weekend. We went out for Pizza on V-day with the girls. It was packed there, but we had fun. It is a local joint, but they have a game room. Awesome thin crust pizza. We did take the girls swimming Saturday afternoon at the Y, so I got a little exercise. Back to the grinding board I guess.

Tonight is Emma's second night of dance. Last week didn't go so well. She was scared, but we are trying it again. She really wants to go, but freezes up. Hope this week goes better.

As for the sling, I was always wondering how that worked with nursing. I think I am done with having kids now tho. For Kate I did buy the belly pack and don't know how I managed without it with Emma. It was a great hands free way to carry Kate, and she loved it!!! Tho now I think she is too heavy and would strain my back. We went to DisneyWorld last fall tho and Kate rode in the pack a bunch. So easy and she thought it was fun!

Have a great day...
Old 02-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #7  

Good morning all..............

I started back on my water today and so far I have downed about 60oz's. I feel so much better when I drink my water. Bandit (puppy) did very good last night, he slept in our spare room and I think he actually slept more sounder. He didn't even poop in the storage container. I am so glad that I got some uninterrupted sleep last night.

Now if I can get back to walking. This stupid rain, cold weather.

Hope you all are having a good day so far.

Jackie
Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 PM   #8  

Hi guys!!

Hope everyone has had a nice holiday. DH was off and he kept the baby so a friend and I could go for a manicure/pedicure. There was a new guy there and he did the pedicures. OMG, it was pure heaven. He gave the best foot/leg massage. We were just about to slide off the chair. It was YUMMY!! Wish I could do that more often.

RR: Wow on the haircut. I don't think we are going to be needing one of those for quite some time.

Lauren: How are you feeling? I hope better. How are Petey's ears? I had tried nursing in the sling before and could never get it right. Instead of trying to keep him inside the sling I laid him through the sling. The side with the ring was on my left shoulder, (so it was looped under my right arm) he nursed the right boop and his legs were sticking out on my left side. Then I spread the front to sorta hide us. Not that he lets me be shy. He was holding my shirt up so all the world could see. Sigh. I guess we must have flashed a few dozen people .

Jen: We are thinking about doing Disney. DH is in the Navy so we can stay at the military resort. I want Alex to be able to appreciate it, but we gotta do it before he gets out (almost 4 years ). How did you handle going there with a little one? (Ours are the same age).

Jack: You are letting the puppy cry it out? Poor little guy (only kidding). I *so* know what you mean about needing sleep. If I could get two, three hours all by myself with no little guy kicking/crying/smacking and not having to make sure he wasn't getting squished and the covers weren't suffocating him...sounds like a dream!!

OK, gotta go. Little guy has been sleeping in his bed for almost an hour. He's due to be screaming soon!! Have a great tomorrow!!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi,

Went to the Drs. today...sat there for 2 1/2 hrs. w/Peter before she saw me. I never get to see her in a decent amount of time, I wish she wouldn't overbook all the time. Got my ZPak and Guifenex. My BP was 140/86 and she gave me a hard time about it. I was like, WHAT? I have always had normal BP, but what did she expect after chasing my child around her tiny waiting room for 2 1/2 hrs., and having a not-so-good-for-me lunch of leftovers from Friday night's dinner?! I reminded her that my BP is always normal, but it didn't sink in and she told me to come back in 3 months for a re-check, or have my mom check it and call her. Whatever...

I asked her to take a peek at Peter's ears, but she said she won't touch him til he's 13!! Geez, it's the least she could've done after making me wait all that time. I was really aggravated when I left there. I love her to death, as a person, but it's gone too far now, I can't be bothered sitting there with an active child anymore. It was one thing to sit there before Peter, even then was annoying. I'm going to check my plan and see if I can find a new Dr. close by.

So now I have to decide if I'm gonna take Peter to the Ped. again. $20 co-pay adds up after awhile...we were just there last Wed.!! I have seen that instrument they use to look in the ears advertised for sale, thinking of maybe getting one, so I can check his ears myself. What do you think?

Karen, I never NIP because I would flash everyone!! I just could unhook descreetly, but can't get him latched on, or re-hook, so I always looked for somewhere private. And I'm pretty modest to begin with. I have high hopes for next time though.

Not doing very well on the diet front either. Really have to get on the ball. Once we get our refund, we're going to pay off my car, last years taxes, and my Amex bill, then go stock the house with healthy stuff, so we can start out BFL program.

Jackie, good for you with the water. I did horrible today since I only worked 1/2 day. I do really well when I'm at work, because i have all my water in my cooler bag at my desk. It's weekends that are bad, because I'm not thinking about it as much.
Good for Bandit!!

Jen, Poor Kate! Is she all better now? How did Emma's dance class go? I want to have a girl so I can put her in dance! I don't think DH would let me put Peter in dance!!

OK, gotta go to bed!!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #10  
Donna

Hi all,

Haven't been posting, but I've been lurking. Doing pretty poor on the diet front, although other fronts seem to be moving well.
Just wanted to tell Karen - the washer and dryer are one unit, after you wash the clothes you switch it over to dry and they tumble dry. Too funny you were at a RV show on Sun, we were at one on Sat. We rented last year for our vacation, to see if we'd like it before buying, we definately learned a lot about what we like and don't, and would recommend renting to try it out to anyone. We figure we probably won't buy until the close-out sales in the fall or next spring.

Have a great day everyone,
-Tech
Old 02-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #11  

Hi guys,

Just a quickie while Alex is playing. He slept until 9:30 this morning . We were supposed to leave by 10:15 for playgroup. It was quite the rush. We made it only 10 minutes late. I thought that was pretty good.

Lauren: I used to be modest. Not anymore. Well, when it comes to nursing anyway. I just whip it out whenever and wherever. Now, if I decide to EN I might be more discreet. It's a good thing Alex isn't a girl. I would HAVE to work to afford the clothes I would buy her!! The girl clothes are SO much cuter and there are so many more. We bought Alex's entire 12 month wardrobe (well, I did have some we got as gifts) for $97 from Carter's. I bet I would have spent twice that and still be wanting stuff for a girl!!

Tech: Now I looked those machines over and I couldn't see anything about drying!! That was my first thought that one machine must do both. Why don't we have those for our homes? That would be so cool. So much easier than having to go downstairs to change machines. I guess it saves time for one load to be washing while one is drying. Hmm. TWO of those instead of a washer and a dryer. Hmm. Now, that sounds good to me. Maybe I need to investigate this.

OK, hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:17 PM   #12  

hi all. Not much new here. Doing well with flex points and expecting a loss on Thursday. I used a lot on Friday and Saturday but haven't used any since.

DS is coming home this weekend for interviews for a summer intership. Sure hope he is successful! We are playing tennis on Saturday, then he has to fly back to school Sunday.

Rabbit
*3.5 down, 21.5 to go
Old 02-18-2004, 07:14 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Lauren--Could U tell the difference in a "red" eardrum or a "dull" eardrum, pus or fluid??? I have problems with ears on adults..not sure if the fighting little heathens would be easy to look at at home!!!
I took #2 and 3 to the ENT..They were able to clear out the yuck in Kaylees left tube and according to the tympanogram..both are working!! #2 failed the hearing test and the tympanogram she had soo much fluid.She is going to have surgery to replace the tubes.my job is giving me such a hard time and told me I have to wait until April to schedule it even though her eardrum has already ruptured from the fluid once..I am scheduling anyway where I work so will make the best of it...

Tech--Glad to hear from U!!! Keep in touch!!!

Rabbit--Enjoy the visit this weekend!!

Jen--How are the hives??

Karen--How is the sleeping issue???

Jackie-Yeah on the water!!!
If I missed anyone...HELOO!!!!!!
RR
Old 02-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. Dance class went very well on Monday. Emma had so much fun and I even snuck in and took a couple pics of her. She was so proud. I told her we would buy some ballet slippers this weekend for her, instead of wearing socks. The hives cleared up by Saturday morning. The nurse (I called) told me to give her a done of Benedryl and watch her breathing. She acted normal tho, so I am not sure what caused them.

Karen... we love love love Disney. We have been there several times (including our honeymoon), so I know a lot of about the resort. Kate was much easier to handle than Emma (3 at the time). Kate was 6 months and didn't have a care in the world. We had strollers for both of them. Emma got the crabbies in the afternoon because she refused to nap. We took Emma to Disneyland when she was almost 2 and that was challenging because she was at the age where she wanted things her way. BUT, the joy in their eyes when they see the characters is priceless!!! Let me know if you have any questions. We are in the process of planning a vacation for late fall again. DisneyWorld is so easy with kids because so many people have them there, you don't feel out of place when your child has a tantrum because it is common!

Well, off to swim class tonight!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #15  

Hi guys,

Everyone is asleep here (well, except me!!), so I finally have a chance to check in. Velcro boy was having a rough time today. I've been trying to get the basement floor clean for a week (since the new boiler). Finally today I'd had enough and took his pack 'n play down and put him in it while I cleaned. He was OK for about 10 min. The next 10 or 15 he screamed. I was already dirty and didn't want to start over. I felt bad. Oh well, floor is two moppings cleaner but still dirty. I had to use pumice hand cleaner to clean the sink and my mop bucket before I could even start on the floor. Maybe the hand cleaner would help the concrete? Hmm. I may have to consider it.

Rabbit: I hope you have a good visit with your son. Enjoy.

RR: We sleep OK as long as he is with me. It's not worth the sleepless nights to try to get him to sleep in the crib. I know. I'll have an awful battle later.

Jen: We are probably going to go after Oct. Our friend that wants to go is getting married then and needs to wait until after the wedding. I think it will be fun.

Lauren: Hope things are well with you.

OK, gonna try to sleep now. Have a great day tomorrow.
Closed Thread