Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 08:56 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Kid Chat Week of: 11/09

Good Morning All,

Well, we had a yucky night here. Alex slept from 8 to 11:45 and that was about it. I tried taking him to bed with us at 1:15 and it took him awhile to go to sleep. Then he was up several times during the night. He was up at 6:30. I tried giving him a couple of toys and letting him play in between DH and I. It didn't work that well. Now he is having pooping problems. I just gave him some applesause so hopefully that will help soon. Poor little guy is getting bombarded.

Gotta go!!
Old 11-09-2003, 12:25 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Guys,

Karen, hope the applesauce helps! If it gets soo bad, try the Baby Fleets. They work great, and Peter didn't seem to mind at all. I only had to use a little bit, like barely half the dropper.

Peter is still not sleeping well. Last night we went to BJ's and didn't get home until almost 9:30, so he was crabby to begin with. Took a little while to get him to sleep and stay asleep. Woke up at 11:30, 1:30 and 4:30. I just got up and nursed him each time...well, 11:30 he just needed his sucky. If he's not gonna sleep through, I would rather get up and nurse him and have him back to sleep in less then 10 min., than fight to get him to sleep w/o nursing and be up half the night. I cannot be starting a new job and not getting sleep, ya' know?!

He woke up at around 7:15, and I asked DH who was squirming anyway if he was ready to get up. He was gonna, but then he was quiet, so he didn't. Finally Peter woke up again around 8:20, and DH got up with him. I got up when my mom called at 9:00.

Now Peter and DH are both napping!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #3  

Hi guys,

Alex seems better today. I didn't take him out, we stayed home and rested and played. I took some Claritan for myself and I think it must have helped him too. I need some baby antihistamine for him.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:26 PM   #4  

Hi guys,

Wow, there are a bunch of new avatars!! We stayed home again today. I think he's well enough now that we will go out tomorrow. DH's stepfather is in the hospital and it to be transferred to a special heart and lung hospital as soon as they get a bed. I will probably have to take MIL down there tomorrow. She doesn't like to drive "so far away". It's only an hour!! I feel sorry for her if something happens to him, she'll be stuck home all the time. I'm certainly not going to drive her when
she wants to go to AC!!

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:27 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!! Work has been soo busy and then I spend every last moment with Noochie that I dont even internet anymore!!! She is soooo funny...Soo personable, cheerful... Of course it is a different story when hungry!!!
I have her taking a bottle at 7pm and then she wakes up at 2am for another and then I wake her up at 6:30 for school..I am gonna wean her this week..I am down to 1 time nursing and that will stop tonight..I am ready and she is ready..I miss it already though!!!!
We bought her 1 year party dress..OMG. it is beautiful!!! I even took the digital camera in to take a picture in the dressing room!!!
I am doing her party in Noah's Ark first birthday stuff...
Well, off to dress!!!
RR
Kisses to the boys!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:03 AM   #6  
LBH

Hey Girls!

RR, I can't believe Kaylee's gonna be a year in just over a month!! You must post pics of the dress!! We've started thinking about Peter's party. It will probably be at the firehouse, and we'll probably do either firehouse theme, Sesame Street theme, or Wiggles...if I can convince DH...doubt it!

Karen, glad Alex is feeling better...and pooping, I suppose? :lol Peter is miserable. I'm calling the Dr. today to see if I can get him in one night. This cold is not going away, and now he's hoarse. Poor little guy woke up at 2:20 and 4:30 just pathetically crying, like moaning almost, because he was coughing. His throat is probably sore from coughing too.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:24 AM   #7  

Let's just say I got to bed at 3:45 and had to go get him again at 4:20. I am NOT a happy camper. In fact, I'm no longer even a polite camper. UGH. Inatimate objects (on which I have been taking out my frustration, since there is no way I'm taking it out on the baby) are now removing themselves from my path. If I don't get some sleep soon I'm gonna keel over. Don't they need to sleep? I thought it was his nose so I gave him PediaCare. Then I thought maybe it was his teeth so I gave him teething tablets. Then he was tooting so I thought maybe it was his tummy so I gave him gas meds.

RR: Please post the pic!! I can't believe that she is almost 1. Wow, time has really flown. I'm glad she is such a happy baby.

Lauren: We finally had a HUGE poopy diaper last night. I thought that was his problem and that we would be able to sleep but nope. That wasn't it. I'm sorry that Peter isn't feeling well. He can't even have a cough drop. Poor guy. We're down to a snotty nose and man, he has started fighting getting his nose squeegied. I have to practically sit on him.

Hope you guys have a great day.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:20 PM   #8  
LBH

Oooh Karen, I have been in your exact position!! Ready to give him away, right?! I have done the same thing, decong., gas drops, baby ambisal (sp)...not good. I said the same thing to DH, doesn't he need sleep, or is he part alien?! I sure hope you can catch a nap at some point!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #9  

Sorry U girls are having boy problems!!! What a mess..Kaylee still has the draining ears, the snotty nose and running fever but it doesnt stop her from playing..She is soo good at night now..I think she gets fuller from the Enfamil and is not relying on the boob for the comfort during the night..I dont know..Hope the guys sleep better..
I will get DH to scan the pic..
Well, the Princess needs a bath!!
RR
Old 11-12-2003, 08:18 PM   #10  

Another her and Sissy playing blocks!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:19 PM   #11  

I let Sissy feed her and the first Pic is the results!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:22 PM   #12  

OK..gotta go!!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:02 PM   #13  

RR: OMG, she is so cute. Spaghetti for dinner?

I hope we get this night thing down soon. I'm a wreck. I love him but I'm not liking him much right now. Tonight it was after 10:30 before he went down and it's only been 5 minutes so I'm still holding my breath. If he runs true to form he will wait until I get to sleep and then start crying. That's been par for the course lately. Ugh. I just talked to an old friend and she has 10 month old twins. I cannot imagine how that is. She said that she is exhausted.

Lauren: if these boys don't straighten up soon I think we will be in the loony bin. At least, I will. Maybe you will come visit me?

Gonna try for some zzz's before the boy wakes up. Night.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:54 AM   #14  
LBH

Well, we went to the Dr. last night and his ears and lungs are still clear. She said she thinks it could be a sinus infection, so now he's on Amoxicillan. He also had a 102 fever while there! He hadn't felt warm, but when I undressed him for the exam, his whole torso was very warm, so I asked them to take his temp. The nurse gave him some Advil, and gave me the rest of the bottle. I asked the Dr. for Zithromax, since that works great for me, and one of the girls on the other board said it worked great for her baby, but she said no. I really don't like this Dr., would rather stick with the other woman, or the 2 old guys. I just hope the Amox. kicks in soon and he feels better. He was up 3 times last night. He didn't eat his dinner, so I nursed him each time he was up.

Daycare asked me to stop over at lunch today and maybe give him some booby, so he sees me and maybe sleeps. I told them I'd call to see if it was a good time first. I don't wanna go at 12:30 or so, if he just woke up. Yesterday he took 3 45 min. naps! I sure hope today is better.

RR, great pics, Kaylee is such a happy baby!! Isn't it great that even though they can be miserably sick, they still play?!

Karen, hope you had a better night! Yes, of course I'd come visit you...if they allow patient to patient socialization!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:13 PM   #15  

Hi guys,

Well, I'm just about ready for the loony bin. Now, when he is sleeping I just lay in bed waiting for him to scream. He slept from 11:30 to 3:30 but i only slept about an hour.

gotta go. his highness screams...
Closed Thread