Old 04-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #1  
~Kim~

Default TooManyDimples ~ Accountability Log 2017

A place to track my weigh ins and journal about significant things. I've done this before and it didn't go too well. If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

I've been a member for years and my weight has gone up and down several times.

I've been on a keto diet for 1 week and so far I feel really great. Giving up sugar completely might be just what I needed to really focus on getting the weight off finally. I weigh in every Sunday.

Would love to hear from anyone who feels like posting.

2017 Start Weight ~ 265.8

Keto Start Weight 3/26/17 ~ 263.2
4/2/17 ~ 256.6 (-6.6)
4/9/17 ~ 256.4 (-.2)
4/16/17 ~ 252 (-4.4)
4/23/17 ~ 251.2 (-.8)

**Changing Weighins to twice a month**

5/1/17 ~ 252.4 (+1.2)
5/15/17~ 250.8 (-1.6)
6/1/17 ~ 246.6 (-4.2)
6/15/17~ 243.8 (-2.8)
7/1/17 ~ 241.4 (-2.4)
7/15/17~ Skipped Weighin
8/1/17 ~ 242 (+.6)
8/15/17~
9/1/17 ~
9/15/17~
10/1/17 ~
10/15/17~
11/1/17 ~
11/15/17~
12/1/17 ~
12/15/17~
1/1/18~

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 08-01-2017 at 09:35 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:10 AM   #2  
~Kim~

Just a quick note to myself to stay focused and not let the drama in your life effect you emotionally. You will not give into any emotional eating urges. You are strong and you got this. Just keep thinking about the healthy you that you are becoming. Nothing tastes as good as that feels.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #3  
~Kim~

Rather frustrated with the scale this morning. Only down .2 this week. I was completely on point with my eating so it's tough stepping on the scale and basically seeing no forward movement. I'm at the tail end of TOM so hoping that has something to do with it. Onward I go.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #4  
~Kim~

Good whoosh this week! Started strength training today. Took my measurements and some photos. Pretty depressing. Looking forward to checking out my progress in a few months.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #5  
~Kim~

Only down .8 this week. A little disappointed. I was starting to get excited about getting under 250. I had a really good week so got my hopes up a little too high I guess. I did start strength training last Sunday and some sore muscles could mean I'm holding on to water I wasn't before. Oh well. Just going to keep keepin on and it will happen. Maybe next week!
Old 04-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #6  
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
Only down .8 this week. A little disappointed. I was starting to get excited about getting under 250. I had a really good week so got my hopes up a little too high I guess. I did start strength training last Sunday and some sore muscles could mean I'm holding on to water I wasn't before. Oh well. Just going to keep keepin on and it will happen. Maybe next week!

You're doing so well so far
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #7  
~Kim~

Thanks Alana!

Okay, made a decision today. I'm going to try weighing just twice a month for a while. I'm getting super frustrated with the scale. I know the scale isn't the only measure of change but it's still really frustrating to know I was on point with everything and seeing little to no movement on that stupid thing. There are too many fluctuations being a woman. Which sucks. Weight gain during TOM & weight gain during Ovulation. Hormones can cause so much water retention and I think it would be liberating to focus on the things that really matter instead of what the scale says. So I'm going to weigh on the 1st of every month and take my measurements. I'll weigh on the 15th of every month as well. That is the new plan. Let's see if I can actually do it.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 04-26-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #8  
~Kim~

Forgot to post my weight yesterday. So I spent the weekend at Disney for my daughters birthday. I intended to stay on plan, but, Friday night at dinner my mom ordered fried pickles and that did me in. I actually did pretty well over all through the weekend. I continued to eat mostly keto and only had one thing off plan Friday. Sunday we went to Epcot and they have all their yummy treats from the different countries and I indulged a bit more. Considering I went from eating very low carbs to having a moderate increase in them over most of them for most of the weekend and a pretty large increase in them on Sunday, I'm actually really happy the scale only bounced up 1.2lbs. It could have been much worse.

My Keto facebook group is doing a fasting event right now. May 1 to 5. I decided to try doing a fat fast. Basically consuming almost only fat for my calories. I thought it would be a great idea coming off of the weekend to help me get back into Ketosis fast and boost things a little bit as my weight loss was stalling a bit.

I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and I could tell my sinuses were about to be cruel to me. This morning I feel slightly worse with my ears aching, sinus drainage and some sinus pressure. It sucks, but it's making the fat fast easier considering my appetite is gone. Going to pick up some meds today though. I have a ton of work to catch up on from taking off Friday and yesterday I had pretty much no forward motion with a bunch of work coming at me through the day. I'd rather sleep, but I have to go to the store and also need to get my house straightened up a bit since my family is coming over tomorrow night to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Ugh. Busy.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #9  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I love that you're doing this. Also, I found something long ago when I lost the weight the first time and it really resonated with me. And, it really made me appreciate the journey more. Hope the same for you! It is in response to your "only down .8 this week" line.

Hello, do you know me?

If you don’t, you should. I’m a pound of fat, and I’m the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It’s because no one ever wants to lose me.
I’m ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound! Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it. That is, until I’ve grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it’s fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying,

"Oh, I only lost one pound."

For you see, if you do this, you’ll encourage others to keep me around because they’ll think I’m not worth losing. And, I love being around you – your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days! After all, I’m ONLY ONE POUND!

– Author Unknown
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:59 AM   #10  
~Kim~

Thanks Buttercup! I needed that read this morning. 1.6 down from my last weigh in on the 1st. This time I do have have to chastise myself a little bit though.

I wasn't very well behaved the last 15 days. I was on plan for most of them, but with this way of eating, a few days off plan can make a world of difference. I was sick for almost a week, the first half of the week I barely ate anything, but than my daughter's birthday rolled around and being sick I was feeling sorry for myself and justified deserving a piece of the cake. That snowballed for a few days until I told myself to stop acting stupid.

Then, Saturday we went out to dinner with the family to celebrate Mother's Day. I had a plan, and than we sat down and they actually had cream soda. The restaurant always has cream soda on the menu, but most of the time when we go there they are out. I caved. And then I decided since I was having cream soda I might as well enjoy some white cheddar mashed potatoes with my steak and asparagus. Then, I justified sharing a desert with my daughter since it is one of my favorites. It wasn't the worst meal of my life, and I didn't really over eat, but when you're on a low carb plan and you introduce carbs like that, the body does not react well and it will probably take at least a few more days before the damage is undone. It wasn't worth it in the long run.

So, I was happy to see the scale down this morning, but a bit disappointed in myself because I know it could have been better.

I so feel like my body was trolling me though. I kept telling myself, "I just want to be under 250, I will just be happy with under 250." So of course it reads 250.8. My body is like, "That's what you get for not sticking to the plan!" It is the tail end of TOM so I'm likely also holding onto some water so there is that.

I am seeing some difference in my clothing. Some tops that were snugger before have noticeably more room. My favorite pair of capris have been getting loose. Saturday, I was actually pretty bloated from TOM (sorry) and they were still loose, so I got out a pair out that I haven't been able to wear in a while and they zipped and buttoned just fine. That was pretty cool.

I'm fully back on plan and I'm going to really try to commit to staying 100% on plan for the next 2 months. Mid July I'm taking a long weekend trip to Vegas with my best friend. We haven't actually seen each other in a little over 2 years and I'm so excited. We both have 2 kids now and we haven't spent a trip alone since my 30th birthday. I'm not going to weight what I'd like to by then, but I definitely have time to make some great progress and feel a lot better about myself for the trip. I'm going to have a soft goal in mind to try to make it to 225 by July 15th. Any loss will be great and worth it of course, but if I can stay on plan I think that is totally doable.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 05-15-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #11  
~Kim~

Not an official weigh in day and I know the point of spacing them was to stay off the scale more, but... I was so close to being under 250 and I really had the urge to check this morning and I caved. 246.8! So happy! Great to see going into the weekend. It's probably been 2 years since I was this low. Staying on track and making progress.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #12  
~Kim~

I cheated with my scale again... Today makes 2 months Keto and I wanted to record where I am. It was a good cheat. I'm down to 242.6 today. 20.6 lbs. I am totally happy with that, especially considering I wasn't 100% on track the whole 2 months. Feeling great and will keep keepin on!
Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #13  
~Kim~

Weight has bounced back up to 246.6 today. There are a few reasons I think I could be retaining water. Over the holiday weekend I made keto blueberry scones. They were really good and I probably went overboard eating 4 of them. Different nuts can cause inflammation and since they are a good deal almond flour that could be an issue. Also having female issues so there's that. =P

Seeing a loss from my last official weigh in is still good. Hopefully I'll have a good whoosh soon and staying on track I'll have a great mid month weigh in.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #14  
~Kim~

Down to 243.8 today. Only 2.8 since June 1 weighin. A little annoyed. This is the first time I've really tried to lose weight in my 30's and it seems it may be time to accept that it just isn't as easy as it used to be. I always heard it would be harder as I got older and that metabolism slows down. It seems to be true. Even doing everything right, the weight just isn't coming off as fast as I'd like. It's always nice to see the number go down, I'm just impatient to feel like I'm making real progress. Oh well, onward I go.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 06-15-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 368/351/170

Height: 5'9"

Don't give up! You are still moving in the right direction!

I love your log and I think I'll make one for myself too! I really need stuff like this to focus on or I know I'll lose my way quickly!
StephanieE is offline   Reply With Quote