Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 07:58 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Aug. 31st**

Hi All,

I'm very excited today!! DH said I could join WW now. He was a little stressed last week because our funds were really low, but my deposit hadn't shown up, and now it's there. So I'm going to look at the schedule and see what day would be best for me and go!!

Rabbit- How are you feeling now?! Hopefully it was a good hurt.

Have a great week all...and don't be strangers!! Now that summer is winding down, let's get this thread up and running again!!
Old 08-31-2003, 10:35 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Hello!

OK call me silly but..what is WW? (That newbie in me again coming out...)

OK Weather Talk Here!!

I wish I could say summer is winding down out here but...we start hitting the fall season in about...November. Fall here in Tucson is probably summer to you guys though..LOL! We're in the 90's now until probably the 3rd or 4th week of October, then we drop down into the 80's for November, maybe 70's. That continues through December/January..we might dip down into the 60's in those months but it's rare. Usually stays in the 70's, although it seems that around Christmas/New Years time it is always in the 80's. I'd say the end of JAN & FEB/March are the coldest months...we sometimes get down into the 40's & 50's! BRR! Hey that's cold for me! I whip out the jacket in the low 70's now. April back into the 80s and maybe lower 90s. Now May & June & some of July are the worse months for heat. Over 100° usually and no rain, no clouds, nothing. July & August the monsoons roll in and that's when we get our rainfall counts for the year and we drop into the 90's and MAN does it get humid! That's what it's like now...muggy and bleah! Rest of the year we're dry as a bone. Hence why I have to use a 15 pound "digging stick" to dig holes and dirt for my landscaping.

Take care..going to try to get some sleep here..only got 2 hours and then hubby's wonderful logging noises woke me up. Hard for me to get back to sleep after that but I will try. :P

Angel Lynn
"Noodles"

Last edited by Noodles913; 08-31-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:46 PM   #3  

Lauren - congrats on rejoining ww! ~ I am still sore, but today in different places! I work out with him again tomorrow, this time on chest and back.

Noodles - welcome to the group! WW stands for weight watchers.

I am doing well here, staying op, and should have a loss tomorrow, my weigh in day.

have a great weekend all. Rabbit
Old 09-01-2003, 03:26 AM   #4  
Rattie Lover

Ahhh..I should of known that WW stands for Weight Watchers. DUH NOODLES!!

How was everyones Sunday? I had a good day although I didn't get in as much exercise as I should have. I did manage to clean the house though. We had friends coming over for a BBQ and Pinochle so hubby cleaned the kitchen and mopped and I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned bathrooms, washed clothes, watered plants, and just moved things around a bit to make things look a little different. (I get bored with stuff in the same place all the time.) We had a nice BBQ. Hubby grilled turkey burgers and turkey dogs and my friend made fat free potato salad. We played 3 games of Pinochle. The girls beat the boys of course!

We had a little scare this evening...My cat saw something "crawling" across the kitchen floor and decided to go bat at it and it was a big ugly SCORPION! We shooed him away and my friend squished it. EWWW...This is the 1st time I have ever seen one that big AND alive AND in the house. Guess we'll be calling out the pest control and getting sprayed monthly from now on. Can't take any chances of the pets or kid or us getting stung. I took a whole bunch of new pictures for everyone too but it will be a bit before I can post them all. But..I will post the one of the fruits and veggies I have been eating lately and one of hubby grilling. Now I am sitting here vegging out on the PC. Boring huh! hehehe..Well until tomorrow, take care!

Angel Lynn
"Noodles"
Old 09-01-2003, 03:46 AM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Ok here is the fruits and veggies. I am planning on making a low fat spaghetti salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, spaghetti noodles, and italian dressing. The pink rose dish in the background is an older depression glass plate that my mother-in-law gave me. Isn't it beautiful!
Old 09-01-2003, 03:55 AM   #6  
Rattie Lover

And here is my lovely hubby grilling on our electric grill. We had to grill inside today cause the afternoon monsoons rolled in and it was windy and raining outside.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:59 AM   #7  
Rattie Lover

And here is what I have on the bar next to that green candy dish you see in the last picture..a cactus plant and a Lisa Frank doggie cookie jar. The cactus pot is hand made and hand painted in Mexico and weighs about 7 pounds or so.

And there ya have it! Todays Pics! Well, I am going to post some more in the Picture thread I made too but I wanted to put these here since they went in relation with my post. Take care!

Angel

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...375#post440375
(Link to picture thread)

Last edited by Noodles913; 09-01-2003 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:39 AM   #8  
LBH

Angel, I would love to take some of the sunny weather off your hands...it's done nothing but rain here all summer! >

You take nice pics! Mine always end up blurry...

I'm still typing on DH's Mac and not enjoying it, so I'm gonna keep this short!
Old 09-01-2003, 02:38 PM   #9  
Rattie Lover

Sending some sunshine your way...
Come take it! Please! Well, how bout we share? Right now though we have been getting rain every day so you'd be dealing with the monsoons but I suppose that is better than 6 feet of snow and 20 below zero. I can already see the clouds building up down by Mexico (we're a little over an hour from the Mexican border) so it looks like today the rain will hit sooner. **Sigh** My arthritis and the humidity don't get along well. I need a happy medium! hehehehe..
Old 09-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #10  

Happy Labor Day all!

great news - I lost 4 lbs this week!

Rabbit
Old 09-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Rabbit: YEAHHHHHH!!! That is awesome. I haven't lost but at least I've stopped gaining.

Angel: The veggies look good. I wish my DH liked more veggies. I'm fortunate he likes a few broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, artichokes and salads. Gets kinda boring around here. I don't like to cook different things for both of us, so I usually stick with what he likes.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #12  
Rattie Lover

Well to be honest with ya..I hate cooking. I RARELY cook. But when I do I try to make something both of us like. Hubby is the chef around here 99% of the time and I'm the 1%. I do the other stuff though, especially the gardening. Now that I enjoy and he doesn't so it works out great!

Angel
Old 09-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #13  
LBH

Rabbit- YEAH!!! That's awesome!! Was this your first week back?!

Karen- My DH isn't picky about food in general, but his favorite veggie is corn. Does that even count?!

Still using the Mac, DH tried reinstalling Windows, didn't work. He's gonna try to get some anti-virus software. We have a firewall, but he can't figure out what else it could be, so who knows.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:43 AM   #14  
Rattie Lover

Evening everyone..

Just winding down here before I turn in for the night. Tomorrow I go to the Endocrinologist for my PCOS. YAY! I sure hope she gives me some meds. My GYN told me that some of his patients that he sent to the END. have lost up to 60 pounds in one MONTH because they got the right medicines that helped their body start doing what it's suppose to do so..we shall see! My mini goal is to lose 10 or so by Sept. 13th. That's my 33rd birthday. I can do it I can do it! Just keep the chocolate away from me though. :grin:

We went to Wally World tonight to do a little bit of shopping. I am proud to say..my cart finally looked like a "healthy persons" cart. I even bought some of those vegetarian burgers and chicken patties. I think the only semi bad thing I had in there was a pack of chocolate fudge covered graham crackers. I eat those cause it satisfies my chocolate craving without having to eat a candy bar plus there is alot of fiber in the cracker itself. Not too shabby! Well, I will blab more tomorrow and let ya know what the doc says. Night for now..

Angel

Last edited by Noodles913; 09-02-2003 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:25 PM   #15  

hello!

Thanks for the congrats.

Lauren - yes, it was really my first full week of doing the program. Last week I lost .5, but I was gone over the weekend taking ds to school and didn't journal. I'm pretty happy. I work this so much better when I am at home.

Rabbit
Closed Thread