Old 09-21-2003, 09:28 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of 9/21**

Hi All!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello...Sorry I have been soo "out of sorts" lately but I have been reading scarey stuff on the internet about higher incidence of subdural hemotomas with this condition etc etc..I guess I need to wait and talk to the neurologist about all this instead of reading crap I know nothing about...Thanks for being buddies and understanding!!!!

We did 9 month pics yessterday..She is such a toot!!! I just laugh at how silly and chatty she has become!!!
Take care!!
RR
Old 09-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  

Here's another:
Old 09-21-2003, 10:02 AM   #4  

Ok...How does one choose?????
Old 09-21-2003, 10:04 AM   #5  

Oh..Tous R US has a buy 2 get one free Leap stuff...I was able to get Kaylee the My FIrst Leap Pad, Free backpack, and 2 more Leap pad things for $45 insteaad of the $94 that they added up to be with free shipping!!! I love to Christmas shop!!!
RR
Old 09-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

ok, i get the crappy mother of the year award. i fell at church and the baby went flying across the pavement. he's got a scrape on his head. we went to the er and they did a cat scan. he's ok but i feel like sh1t. everytime i see his little head i want to cry.

rr: those are awesome pics!! i don't know how you would choose. STAY OFF THE INTERNET!! i learned that when i was pregnant. there's just too much info that most likely doesn't pertain ty you!!

hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:22 PM   #7  
LBH

Oh Karen...please don't feel soo bad!! I can attest to the fact that they bounce pretty well!! Glad everything went OK at the ER.

RR, Did you not learn from reading too much online while PG?!?! Stop reading everything!! When do you go to see the neurologist? I don't have any idea how I would choose one of those proofs!! You must go broke from pics!! I love them all! I think #6,1 & 9 are really cute.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #8  

Karen--I am soo glad U Both are ok...Don't blame yourself!!! I am the pro at that one and it doesnt get U anywhere!!!!
Take it easy and give Alex an extra hug!!!
Lauren-at $3 per proof copied out as a 5x5, I buy them all!!!!It is cheap and U dont have to buy a whole package!!!
RR
Old 09-22-2003, 10:02 AM   #9  

hi guys,

little guy is fine, i'm a basket case. every time i closed my eyes last night i just saw the baby skidding away from me on the pavement. i know i didn't fall on purpose, it just seems like any mother worth her salt would have hung on to the baby.

being paged...
Old 09-22-2003, 12:11 PM   #10  
LBH

RR- Oh that's cool, then you can just get whatever copies you want.

Karen- I went through the same thing when Peter fell off the kitchen counter. Even though it was DH there and not me, I can still picture it, and did constantly for quite awhile. It's really hard to get past, but eventually you will. Glad he's OK!!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:30 PM   #11  

Hi guys,

We went to the pedi and he's still fine!! I feel better. I still feel quesy everytime I look at his little head but I am getting better. Little guy is turning into a real roly poly!! He weighed in at 15.5 today with his clothes on. He was 14.9 at the ER yesterday. Could his clothes weigh 12 oz?

OK, on to other things. We got a Tivo the other day and it is so AWESOME!! I know I watch way too much TV, but what else am I gonna do while nursling is busy? I tape stuff at night to watch the next day 'cause I don't like soaps or talk shows. . With TIVO you just tell it the name of what you want and then it figures out when it's on and takes care of it. You don't have to watch it in order either. It's way cool.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Here are some pics of my poor boy (it looked much worse to me) this is from last night:
Old 09-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #12  

This one is from today:
Old 09-22-2003, 08:08 PM   #13  
LBH

What a cutie patootie!! :smooch: Doesn't look too bad. At least he doesn't have a goose egg like Peter did!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #14  

Good Morning Guys,

Well, I feel like a new person today. Little Guy is sleeping in his crib so I actually got the chance to clean the bathroom. First time in two weeks!! It always seems to get away from me!! I don't like to clean with him in there so I tend to put it off.

I have been playing with the Tivo today and I have decided that I cannot watch Trauma: Life in the ER anymore. They had a baby that had a seizure and I just cried through the whole thing. Hmm. I set it to tape Maternity Ward too. Maybe I should just delete it without even trying to watch it.

We were supposed to go to Story Time today but it was raining really hard and he was sleeping when it was time to go. Think we will take a pass today. I'm not sure how I feel about the MOMS Club. I signed up for the playgroup but never got any info. I contacted the pres. and they finally emailed me a list of the people in my group. Said they didn't have my email (they had my phone number on the list). Then I emailed the person they told me to contact and never heard anything. I'm going to call her, but I feel kinda funny. If you were the established members of a group wouldn't you contact the new person? I'm probably just being too sensitive.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:15 PM   #15  
LBH

Hey Karen, glad you're feeling better! I would feel the same as you about the playgroup, but I tend to be overly sensitive too. Actually, I probably would not have even made the move to call at all...I'm very shy around new people.

Well, it looks like my days as a SAHM may be numbered. I got a call from a woman at my recruiter's office today and they've got a position at a pharma in Florham Park, in a brand spankin' new building right down the road from DH. It pays 5K more than I was making at my old job, & it's business casual. They need someone immediately though, so I may have to work temp until they do my background check and hire me perm. That's OK cause they said they can pay me 18/hr. to temp, which is close enough to what I was making that I could do it and not worry about the cost of daycare for a couple weeks.

As much as I want to continue being a SAHM, we really do need me to be working F/T right now. I was looking forward to nursing Peter exclusively til he's a year (no bottles), but I guess we'll be going back to it. I'll probably just send formula bottles to daycare with his food, and save whatever I pump for home. I will probably only have to pump once a day, around lunch, since he's not nursing that much. Doubt I'll get more than a couple oz. at that session. Last time I tried to pump some, I got about 2 oz. I guess what I could do is pump enough for comfort and train my body to just make enough for evenings? But then what about wekeends? I guess it'll just adjust??

Just got Peter down for his afternoon nap about 10 min. ago. Guess he's growing up and can stay awake longer now. He didn't go down for his AM nap until 10.

He's starting to test himself standing without holding on now! A couple times we've found him trying to let go! Today I had him by one hand and he told 3 steps!! Sniff, sniff...my little baby is growing up!!
Closed Thread