Old 01-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #1  

Question Where to start...

I really could use the help. I've been struggling with weight loss for as long as I can remember. I want to feel healthy and awake again. Recently my diet has had some effects on my health, so I've been searching the right diets to help me. I want to get back into the gym but my motivation is at an all time low. I'm hoping that by joining a support group I will be able to talk about all I'm feeling instead of bottling it all up.

Questions I have
- what are some things you've done to over come tue struggle of weight loss?
- diet ideas? That are low sugar and carbohydrates

Thanks
Owl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I'm not a successful expert yet, as I'm just back on here myself. I like Tosca Renos "clean eating" because it makes a lot of sense to me and believe it would work.

I have been doing great at the gym the last 10 months and can say that if you can convince yourself of how much better you will feel once your working out consistently then you are going to love the gym and love how it helps you feel healthier and better everyday.

I used to never like the idea of group classes. I found them intimidating and always thought I was better off working out on my own. The commraderie and the accountability of attending a group class has made all the difference to me. I do a boot camp/HIIT class because that's the style I like but maybe a dance style like Zumba, circuit, spinning, yoga, TRX, just anything that you think you might enjoy. And don't worry about being in the worst shape in the class. That held me back so long until I joined my current gym. I was there the same time as this class just doing my own workout and getting ready in the locker room when I met a gal who after noticing me everyday suggested I try this class. I said I was too out of shape and couldn't hang with that group. She told me that you can do your own once the instructior would modify things and was really supportive. She assured me that she was in terrible shape when she started. Well I was still to scared and it took her talking to me about t time and time again until I finally committed to trying. While I was by far the fattest and most out of shape person I never felt judged and the instructor was so great. I'm grateful for my "gym angel" that encouraged a stranger. It worked for to stay motivated. I think it's worth trying to see if it works for you!

Good luck and keep coming here for more motivation. I still need to lose fat but I feel so much stronger and better than I have in years. The rewards are worth it!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote