Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 10:38 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat - Week of 8/24**

Hi All,

Well, our trip down the shore yesterday was OK. Peter & I hung out at the Ocean County Mall while Gran & Gramps were at their party. He slept most of the way down there, and I changed him when we got to the restaurant. Then I nursed him in a fitting room in Macy's when we got to the mall. He was fine most of the time while we walked around to mall, but he was mad cause he was strapped down, so I had to stop and take him out occassionally to bounce him around. Nursed him again in anothe Macy's fitting room right before we left, but he was PO'd. Screamed all the way into the fitting room, ate, changed and started screaming again when I strapped him back in to his stroller!! Oh well... He slept for about a 1/2 hr. on the way home, then screamed the rest of the way on and off. I think he was tired, his gums hurt, and the sun was in his face. I bought a shade in Boscov's, but I couldn't get it to stick to the back window. Poor Gramps spent the whole trip putting the sucky back in and trying to amuse him.

Today Peter & I are going to the big WalMart up where I used to live to walk around and get some paint for the bathroom. DH is going to help his friend put a desk together that he got from Ikea.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren-Sounds like a nice time!!I have nursed in some wild places also!! I know every store with the family rooms and will mainly shop them..I have respest for the stores that take that effort and make it convenient for the nursing mom..One store here, has a tv, rockers, changing tables, diapers and supplies, microwave..They all should do it..I became a pro at changing diapers without the changing station..Hard with the doodies though!!!

The yellow stuff is comming out of the left ear today..No fever soo I guess we are ok...I just treat it with the antibiotic ear drops..

Karen--Give Alex a big hug!!!
RR
Old 08-24-2003, 12:21 PM   #3  

Ok...Here are my "Noochie" holders!!! One for the shopping carts and the other the backpack that is the easiest way to go places without holding her all the time when she gets tired of the stroller!!!
RR
Old 08-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #4  

Ok..I quit!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 12:27 PM   #5  
LBH

RR, cool, I have one of those shopping cart things too. I like it, but I wish it was more simple, like yours. I got mine at WalMart, it's an Infantino, the only one they had, and it's got this half moon head rest, plus little toy things hanging off it. It's nice, but not that quick to put on.

I love that little tuft of hair she's got in the front. Love your kitchen too!! OK, so I can't see much of it, but I love the white with those green walls!
Old 08-24-2003, 08:49 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

hi guys,

whew, we've had some weekend!! first, we took my gm to the airport. no problem there. then dh decided he needed to go to pa to his base to turn in his paperwork. ok. alex decided to have a nuclear meltdown (btw, i was driving). i had to get in the back and soothe. business at the base concluded we decided to stop for ice cream. alex has the pooh to end all poohs. it was EVERYWHERE!! i had to put him in the sink!! it was all over ME!! there was a nice lady in the bathroom trying to help clean me off. then, i finally got him clean and i had to get a clean diaper out of the bag. we had already gotten the first clean one dirty. i raised back up and he PEED everywhere!! it was not pretty. dh even came to the bathroom to check on us. today he started off peeing on me. then i got lost trying a new way to church. then we picked up mil for lunch. alex had maximum nuclear meltdown (i'm talking screaming so loud that the sound goes in one ear, bounces off your eyeballs and goes out your other ear causing maximyum brain pain) with her in the back seat. i had to pull over, kick her out of the back and make dh drive. it was awful.
he has decided to do that everytime i give him to dh today. i don't mind holding him, but i have to go to the bathroom sometimes!!

ok, sorry for the book, i'm just very frustrated today. i was ready to give him away earlier!! Hope ya'll are having a better day!!

RR: beautiful pics!! she looks so happy. i just bought a cart cover that also fits in public high chairs. it's called a floppy seat. he's still a little small but he looks so cute in it.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #7  

Karen--WOW>.I remember those days!!! I have to say, now that Kaylee has tubes, she is a happy little girl all the time!!!She will cry when she is sleepy and when SD#2 whacked her across the forehead with a book and made a big goose egg, but other than that..HAPPY!!! It will be soon when he is a little older!!!!
Please vent...I have threatened to give her away several times!!!!
V
Old 08-25-2003, 07:53 PM   #8  
LBH

Oh Karen, we had a couple poops like that when Peter was younger!! Of course it was after a fleet though. Wait til you start solids, they get better...and stinkier!!
Old 08-26-2003, 04:57 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

Lauren: Stinkier poohs? Ugh!! They are stinky enough now. Think I'll just keep him on BM until he's ready for potty training.

I had to go to the dentist today for a cavity. Yuck. Now I have a headache and my mouth hurts. I've taken ibuprofen but I may have to try Tylenol next. The ibuprofen is not helping. MIL had her first unsupervised session with Alex today. She was at the dentist with me, just in the waiting room. She did ok but he did not have a nuclear meltdown. I have to go back next week for ANOTHER cavity, so she will get another chance. Think I will let him stay at her house this time. I think the dentist is just paying for his vacation with my mouth. He is slowly but surely replacing all of my silver fillings with white ones.

Little guy is so cute he is watching Charmed with me. I will have to find him some cartoons to watch. I was nursing him in bed this morning and I put Sesame Street on. Everytime he heard Elmo's voice he stopped nursing and looked around.

Hope everyone is having a super great day.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:48 PM   #10  
LBH

Karen, LOL, it must be something about Elmo, all kids love him!! Peter stops whatever it is he's doing...even if he's nursing...to look at the TV if he hears Elmo!!

Guess what?! Tooth #8 broke the surface last night!! I can't believe it...I mean, I believe it, but the poor little guy must be soo miserable with all these teeth coming in!!
Old 08-27-2003, 05:14 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi Guys...well, it was bound to happen sooner or later...the old hag finally came back. I guess since Peter isn't nursing as much because he's eating more solids, my body decided it was time.

I'm going to start charting again, just to see how things go. I may eventually go back on the pill.

Oops, Petey's waking up...
Old 08-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #12  

Lauren--I am still waiting for the old hag here!!!Don't know what is wrong but I only nurse at night and still dont have a period...Should I call the MD????
WOW...#8!!!!
V
Old 08-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #13  

Hi guys,

Alex has had a tough time getting used to Andy again. Before he left he was able to hold him sometimes without a nuclear meltdown. Ever since he got back Alex hasn't wanted anything to do with him. He did just change his diaper without a whimper. Yeah, we are making progress. He is sitting with him now. Giving me a bit of a break.

We went to Target this afternoon. I would NOT suggest going unless you absolutely have to. I completely forgot that school is starting next week. It was a madhouse. I needed diapers or else I would have just left.

Lauren: Sorry that AF is back. I went back on the pill just as soon as the six weeks were up. I am enjoying not having her visit me!! I could get used to this. It's been over a year (not counting birthing bleeding). I figure I've got at least two months left since we are exclusively bf. Bummer on all the teeth!! I hope he feels better soon. I was talking to the hygenist the other day and she said the later the teeth come in the better they are. I'm hoping (for nursing's sake) that Alex doesn't get them for a long time.

We have our four month appt tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how much he weighs. Not looking forward to the shots though. Ugh.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:28 PM   #14  
LBH

Karen, how did you go back on the pill?? Don't you have to get an AF before you can start them?? Interesting about the teeth. My brother and I both have great teeth, never needed braces or anything. He got a bunch one month I think around 5 months. I didn't get any til almost a year. Hmm...

RR, no, I don't think anything is wrong. Some women do not get AF back until they are completely weaned. You may be one of the lucky ones!! Quite frankly, I'm surprised she held off this long, with all the supplementing I did while I was working.

Well, gotta go plug him and get him to sleep...he's laying in his crib screaming bloody murder.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:02 PM   #15  

Lauren--It could have been the Micronor that I was on 6 weeks after birth..U can get on the mini pill 6 weeks after if U were exclusively BF..I got off the pill 4 weeks ago...

Karen--Glad Alex is letting Andy take over!!! School started here 2 weeks ago!!! We are early@@
V
Closed Thread