3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Starting Over (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/310511-starting-over.html)

brooksrm 07-20-2016 08:14 PM

Starting Over

Hi guys. So I dusted off this account... have been a member since 2009. Back then, I went from 216 lbs to 140. Somehow in these past 6 years, life happened. Gained everything and then some back.

Honestly, I don't even know if I have the motivation to start the long road back to being healthy. Right now, I feel FAT, TIRED, and OVERWHELMED. Ugly words, but honest. But I'm going to try.

MonteCristo 07-21-2016 08:36 AM

Don't worry about motivation right now. Just focus on your next choice. Every choice is a new opportunity to choose health. :cheer2:

Don't feel bad about the regain. Happens to lots of us. :)

HaveDogWillDiet 08-02-2016 09:06 PM

You have taken the first and hardest step..way to go!

MeShell 08-20-2016 03:11 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. Not new to the struggles of losing weight. I lost 74lbs in the past and life happened to me, too. Now I'm trying to find the motivation to start over and felt like I could relate to the starting over. I'm actively working on a food and fitness plan. I'm hoping this site can help keep me accountable because that's what I have the most trouble with. I'm still trying to figure out how to do all these avatars and stats. Bear with me. :)We all have to start somewhere, right? What better time than now. I'm tired of being tired.

areyes1982 10-18-2016 09:38 PM

Hey guys,
New to this site too. Figured I need all the help I can get. Like many of you I have lost weight and gained it back multiple times. Doesn't help that I am the only fat one out of all my friends! Why did I miss out on those skinny asian genes!.....actually truth be told I believe it is a myth. Those girls just eat when we go out. When they are by themselves they don't eat anything.....anyways, I digress.

So here is to starting over! For the last time!!!.....again!....

Putting it out there that I need to get rid of 40lbs.
I am going to the gym 3x this week. Only eating out once for the rest of the week.

EastCoastAva 11-17-2016 01:39 PM

Brooks, I am right there with you! In 2006-2008 I was 130lbs. Bad food choices have pushed me to @200lbs. I am so frustrated and disappointed with myself. I am going to do it this time, get back to 130lbs and when I do I am never going to let this happen again! Ever.

RunningWild 11-20-2016 01:14 PM

I got down to 175 from 300 and ran three times a week for a long time, then life happened to me too. I got all the way back up to 208 this year before I realized how much weight I had put on and how awful I felt. I am going to get back to 175 first, and then continue on my way to down 150 (or at least somewhere close to it), which was my ultimate goal previously. I am going to forgive myself for getting back up to 208 though, this year was really crazy. I mean it was not necessarily pizza 3 - 4 times a week crazy, but stuff happens, right? :^:

My initial goal was to get to under 200 lbs for Christmas when I started last Sunday, but now I am down to 200.4 already (mostly just fluid whooshes though). I am going to count calories because that is what worked for me last time, and I am also going to go easy on the carbs because they give me crazy cravings for more.

We can do this, ya'll! :cheer:

FlipFlop Love 11-22-2016 11:36 AM

Preach! Week 1, day 3 for me. We can do it!