Old 03-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #1  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 30-Somethings Weekly Chat, Mar. 6-12

Hi chicks!

Finally feeling close to 100% again. Weekend was pleasant, although not as productive as it could have been. (When is it ever?) I did make some progress reading Daniel Quinn's Ishmael, so I'm pleased about that. I also went to the library and printed off a volunteer application for a non-profit I'm interested in. They train and place service dogs. Hopefully I'll be able to get involved with them somehow. I checked out a few library books, too. I'm most looking forward to reading Pioneer Girl. I really liked the Little House the Prairie books as a kid.

Work is looking like it will be busy this week, but that's generally good. Food choices this weekend were okay overall. My menus definitely don't match souvenirdarling's, but I have gotten better overall, and I'm looking to continue that this week. Did get some carry-out wings yesterday, but that was the only meal "out" this weekend - I'm proud of myself!

What are y'all up to this week?

Last edited by theox; 03-06-2016 at 10:47 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Haha, Theox, I need to make myself tastier, moreecost effective food than the restauarants otherwise I'll blow it. Your weekend sounds like it was lovely and started off some things to look forward to! Yeah, we're never as productive as we'd like...

This weekend I said no to some restaurants and ate pretty well, better than my usual weekends! I found some great finds at a used clothing store - some long sleeved shirts that I can wear at work or at home; a great navy purse; a little dutch-shoe ceramic ashtray (those thingys are collector's items. My mum has some and I like them, they make me think of family). I still need new pants for work - two pairs of mine are looking too big in a bad, floppy way. I'm working hard to payback credit card debt I accumulated while I was a student - I don't want to spend a ton on clothes
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 309/264.6/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies!!

Theox - good luck on your application! Hope you get the job! I could definitely learn something about training dogs, my 1 year old shih tzu/bichon is a little terror at times. I really don't like it and that is because I tried my hardest to get him started on the right foot. At least he is potty trained. One good thing I've done. I guess he is still a work in progress too. I wish I had time to relax and read, my reading these days are work/school related or listening to audio books commuting to/from work. I am so glad you are almost at 100% now.

Souvenir - Don't you just love shopping thrift shops? I do, haven't gone in about 3 months though. I can relate to credit card debt, I'm now racking up student loan debt, not fun!!! Hope you find some new pants soon. I had an experience where I was wearing really baggy pants for like a month and I hated it. It made me feel even MORE frumpy. Luckily I had some new size 22 in my closet that I bought last year and I never wore because they were really tight, tried them on and they fit! No more frumpy pants for this lady. This NSV was about two weeks into my journey (last month).

For me this weekend, I was ok. I worked out Saturday and Sunday, though Sunday was tough as you will see why in the next sentence. I did eat more than calories allowed, not crazy or anything but still AND I had two bottles of wine on Saturday. I really wanted them though and I enjoyed every sip. So Sunday saw a dip to 286 (dehydration) I logged it as 287. Today I was 290.6. March is my 280s month so I had to say out loud, you are not really back in the 290s drink your water, it will go back down. Here's to a new week ya'll!!

Last edited by lionessavc; 03-07-2016 at 06:06 PM.
lionessavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:13 AM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi all!

This week exercise and eating is ok - the scale is a fluctuating beast but I'm really enjoying my routine and can see myself living this way long term. On Sunday the clocks are shifted forward an hour, though, which will be tough!

Tonight I'm going to a colleague's funeral - he passed away within 3 weeks of a lung cancer diagnosis and was months away from retirement. I'm glad he's not suffering, but I just want to throw out a "life is too short" message (for myself!), we need to take care of ourselves and enjoy ourselves! Today, I plan to enjoy a productive workday and then visit a friend for dinner a glass of wine tonight after the visitation.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #5  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

souvenirdarling: WTG on eating in last weekend! I'm glad you were able to find some nice used stuff. Good luck finding some inexpensive work pants.
It's great that you like the routine you're in and find it sustainable! Sorry to hear about your colleague.

lionessavc: Thanks! At least you've housebroken your dog! I know at least one person who never completely housebroke their dogs. Their house is disgusting. And congrats on being able to go closet-shopping and for keeping calm when you got that high scale reading!

Nothing very exciting has happened this week, which is good. Hopefully the rest of the week will go smoothly. The weather's been nice, so I have gotten some walking in during my lunch breaks.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 309/264.6/150

Height: 5'6

Hi ladies!

Souvenir - I'm so sorry to hear about your colleague. It is so terrible how quickly his passing happened. You are so right that life IS short, and we must live every day to the fullest. Looks like you found your groove, too, way to go girl!!

Theox - Way to be productive! The weather here has been rainy all week. I love the rain though but I want to be home and enjoy the rain.

So I'm still struggling. I have been under calories and worked out but my body is still holding on to the water and it is driving me nuts. I saw 288 last week before the weekend so I guess the water weight is all gone now and today I'm 288.2 Heck I don't know anymore. What I DO know, is I was hoping to see a darn 287 at least by today and I didn't see it. Still truckin along though. I missed my workout during lunch today because of a work luncheon/event. It is so hard to log in your food when you don't know what you are eating and what it's prepared with. Needless to say, I DO have plans to get my work out as soon as I get home this evening before I cook dinner. After breakfast and lunch today, if I didn't work out, I only have 500 calories for dinner so I need to exercise to allow me to eat some more. Talk to ya'll soon
lionessavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #7  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this thread and just want to say hey . It's a bit awkward jumping in on an ongoing conversation, but I'll give it a shot.

This week is definitely a good week for me. I've really turned a corner mentally and stamina-wise. I just started this push to lose weight about five weeks ago, and when I started every exercise session was a major ordeal. Now, my stamina is measurably better (I scaled the same trail this week that I did in week one WAAAAY faster and with fewer breaks for breathing/water). I just feel better and I guess it's touched the other parts of my life, too. You know, I get more done in my day.

How about all of you? Has anyone turned a corner, lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post
I'm most looking forward to reading Pioneer Girl. I really liked the Little House the Prairie books as a kid.
That book sounds great! Good luck with your volunteer application

souvenirdarling - I'm sorry about your colleague. You know, just this past week, my husband witnessed his 55y.o. coworker have a stroke. Unfortunately, he didn't make it. It's caused us to reflect on how short life is, too.
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote