Old 05-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

The fat burner was sold at a local nutrition shop. I read the ingredients and it was green tea extract, caffeine and some other supplements. I think theyre all safe, but im sensitive to most things.
I hope everyone has a great day! I work so hopefully the ER will at least be nice.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #32  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

Njpants-I did the Whole30 a couple of times. You cut out all sugar, gluten, soy, legumes, dairy & alcohol. You just eat unprocessed yummy food. I don't mind doing that, the hardest part is no half & half & no sugar in coffee. Sugar is added to everything!
Haha. I make it sound like the easiest thing in the world. The reality is I lasted 11 days, then 8 days. But the recipes weren't bad, the hard part was all the cooking and shopping and sometimes my kids wouldn't eat it etc.

Tomorrow I'm starting back on the mostly whole foods, but I am going to have coffee with cream & a tsp of sugar. I got a milk frother and have found just a dash is all you need! I've been counting calories. It'll be nice to ease up on that as I go back to unprocessed foods. Plus I always feel better.

I didn't hit the gym today (yet?) but I feel good. Yay. Ill fit in some nice exercise somewhere today.

I hope the ER will be nice too Nicki

Last edited by HIheart; 05-10-2015 at 12:35 PM.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #33  

Thanks hiheart it was! I bought the whole 30. Liked the concept but don't think id stick to it. I think i lasted 3 days. I dont have a blender or food processor. So making my own mayo sorta made it not happen.
Im doing a mostly clean eating diet myself.
I finally got my husband to the gym with me and i think he was expecting much less from me on weights. I guess my technique was awesome and I picked a lot of good ones for mu y goals. When he askes where i learned a this, i proudly answered "the Internet". It pays off if you do your research. :P
Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #34  

Height: 5'6.5"

For some reason I've had a stressful couple of days and I'm feeling out of sorts. I definitely have been eating a few too many calories so I'm not too happy with myself Anyway, today is a new day and the plan is to stay "on plan" so I can show a loss on Friday. I miss my scale!!!

nicki - Ohh, I see about the supplement. Sounds interesting. Great job getting hubby to the gym. I'm trying to convince mine for us to buy weights and do it here (we have an entire empty room to work with!!!) but so far I think he wants to see if this weightloss/exercise thing is just a "fad" like other times. I don't blame him

hiheart - Good luck with cutting sugar!!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 AM   #35  

Laura he's been cramming 17 units this semester. Plus I work swing shift so he has to take our son to school a lot. Proud to say the semester ends tomorrow and he has straight As! He's going to be a mechanic and has one job offer and another interview tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #36  

nicki - He sounds like a busy guy - WOW! Amazing. Funny my DH has an interview tomorrow too. He has a job now but looking at one with better benefits and closer to home.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #37  

Fingers crossed for him! Hopefully we will have good updates on our hubby's in the next week.
My plateau has finally broke! 181.6. Only a lb away from the low I hit last month!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

Laura, I try to think of each day as a new opportunity. That way I don't beat myself up over little slip ups.

Nicki, I am a huge fan of research. If you can read on it, you can figure it out. Good job impressing your husband with it!

Day one of going sans added sugars was difficult, but fairly successful. I ended up managing to only take in 2g of sugar for the entire day. The goal is to reach 0 but I did this without even making a trip to the store for all new foods. The craving for sugar is strong this morning! I will be strong and munch on an apple.
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #39  
Earning back my muscles

I love that thinking of each new day as a new opportunity!

It sounds like you're doing great at reducing your sugar! I went ahead and had half the packet of a Chick Fil A salad dressing, which has a whopping 7 grams of sugar. At least it was yummy, and the rest of my day was low in sugar and unprocessed food. I even threw out some chocolate chip cookie dough that dh made that was in the fridge before I ate it. He gave me a dirty look but that was worth it too! Better in the garbage than in my tummy!

Laura- good luck to your hubby! Mine got a new job closer to home about 2 years ago. We still are so grateful every day to be rid if that 2 hr a day drive and the better benefits. Keep us updated! Good luck to your hubby too Nicki! Having a couple of offers to pick from will be so nice

Eta--I usually post on my phone, so I'm so sorry if I miss anything!

Last edited by HIheart; 05-12-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #40  

That's amazing on 2gm of sugar. I don't think I've ever spent a day that low in my entire life.
hi heart, I miss chik fil a so much....
Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #41  

I figured out why I was out of sorts - PMS! Man she's nasty to me!! LOL. Anyway.....yesterday I ate within my calorie limitations so that was good and I managed to fit exercise in (a long walk and elliptical too). The weather is cooooold today, but I still want to go out there and do an 8km walk.....hopefully the sun peaks through soon! There's an older gentleman who is often out walking at the same time as me in the morning, and he calls me "princess" - LOL. Like "keep going princess" or "You look like you're going to take off running princess". And I wear headphones, so I always have to take them off when he's making princess comments. LOL Maybe I'll avoid him if I take a longer walk..... Or maybe I should just wear a crown while I'm walking!!??

DH is currently at his interview - praying all goes well there. I think he's pretty anxious/excited about it which is unlike him, usually he's cool and collected! But this is such a great fit, so we'll see.

Nicki - YAY for the plateau break! They are so crappy and frustrating, aren't they? Good luck to your DH today and hopefully we both get good news in that department.

Norma - So impressed with your sugarless willpower!!! Not sure if it's in me. I just checked and I'm slated to take in 24g of sugar today, and that's low for me I think. MFP does count fruit calories, though. AND, I love pure Maple Syrup with my greek yogurt....sooooo......

Hiheart - Thanks for the good vibes re: DH's interview. Have a great day.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #42  
Earning back my muscles

lasy night we had a small birthday party gathering at my house. We had this amazing homemade chocolate cake. After everyone left, I asked dh if he wanted any more cake. He said nope, so I dumped it in the garbage. Wow. That was hard to do. This morning he woke me up in a panic asking me where the cake was. Hahaha!! He meant he didn't want any more right then! Good thing I misunderstood him, or we'd be eating cake now. Good way to start a healthy weekend.

Good luck everyone! I'm still up on the scale, but I know if I keep on plugging, the scale will catch up to my healthy ways!

Last edited by HIheart; 05-16-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #43  

Thats awesome about the cake! Hubby took the job at ford. He will probably start in about a week in a half. Very excited to have a two income household. Its been about 6 years.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #44  
Earning back my muscles

Nicki, congrats to your dh! Has your hubby been staying home with the kids? That will be so awesome to have 2 incomes!

That gives me hope. I've been home with the kids 5 years and wondering how I'll ever get a job again! After I get my headaches under control, I can't wait to get a job again now that my kids are older
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #45  

He stayed home with our son and he also was really ill and I was essentially giving him a cancer drug injection for this rare type of arthritis he had for two years. He's been in remission since 2010, We had a rough time for a while. Life has been rapidly improving over the last couple years though.