Old 04-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Default April Chat

Hey All!

I used to be a faithful 3fc member two years ago and I was very successful, thanks to, in no small part, this site. I used to log on everyday multiple times a day and there were quite a few people active on here and we really did it together. It was amazing! Fast forward to now, I'm back… Sadly, I'm starting almost exactly where I first started way back then when I was sure that I'm losing the weight for good and never going back! It;s so hard to see the 160's after all that hard work! …and now to be back in the 200's… Argh!! BUt I am here! And I am hoping that I will find a bunch of super enthusiastic people with whom to journey! So here is to April!
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I understand! I'm fighting back my regain.

The chaos in my life (went through some personal stuff, then hurt my back enough to scare me, and a bunch of other things that have taken my time away) have held me steady at about 8 lbs higher than I want to be. Ultimately, I need to lose until I reach 145, but I think I'm just focused on reaching 160 again and seeing about maintaining at that weight for a while.

I have PCOS, so it does make things harder, and I know that stress and hormones and things like that affect my ability to lose weight faster than other people.

However, I also know that part of that equation is motivation and I haven't had the same focus that I did a few years ago -- I don't know where it is, or where I lost it or even if I can get it back. So, I'm back to square one, focusing on the little things and hoping that I'll find my way back.

I guess I can count as a success that I haven't regain all my weight back, but still... I wanted to be at a much lower weight. I want to see if I can lose another 5 lbs before the end of April (which seems impossible, but I will try) and I would love to be below 160 for my friend's wedding at the end of September.

I'm all for seeking support. My life is calming down again, so I'm hoping to be on the site more often to get the support and give support back.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Hi ladies!
It's frustrating to relose what you feel you could have prevented. I can relate. I was looking at old posts of mine and I've been on here 6 years. Most of it trying to get out of the 180s/190s.
Looking at my past I was just doing too much to make my health a real focus. Thankfully, I recently switched to a job with better work/life balance and it has enabled me to focus on diet and exercise. Now if I could just find a way to get my kid to eat vegetables without throwing them up...
What's your guys plan to make it stick?
Mine is food prep two days a week. It has a huge impact on my diet.
Gym 3 days a week minimum. I try to make at least one day cycling. its brutal!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I've had this problem too, pretty much lost 50 lbs, regained 40, then relost 50+ and still going. I think when real life issues come up it's easy to ignore better habits and allow oneself to gain a few lbs, but it does add up. For me it helped to learn more about food, doing research and paying attention to labels. What does each substance do to my body? Which foods can my body benefit from and which foods does it not like? It really helps me to stick to better eating in general. I don't think about food the same way anymore, and I'm put off by a lot of the bad stuff I used to like, which is why I believe I can keep the weight off this time. One positive to regaining is that at least you know that you are capable of losing the weight because you have done it before.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone! Hi One year, you've got this-we're here for you! I know exactly how you feel-first time I lost weight I for down to 134; I started on this journey at the beginning of March at 199.2. Today was our weigh in day and I'm down to 183.6! I'll take it! Slow and steady is my mantra. I also have put in place some goals for this year, one being a sprint triathlon at the end of August!! Eek! Not sure what I was thinking, but it's getting my honey in gear to get ready for that! Good luck, stay the course-you've got this!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #6  

I think the issue for me is that I am unprepared. So, it's easy to go for the easy food (which I don't normally buy) and I eat unbalanced at that point. My BF, who lost a ton of weight last year, also is now ignoring all of what he learned and is back to bringing me treats and stuff because that's how he shows his love.

I need to tell him to stop. But it's hard, because he really had a hard time showing it in a different way. I need to work with him on that one, because then it's hard for me to say no. I've been able to avoid some things already (giving them back to him, for example, for him to eat) but in reality, it's a bigger issue in the sense that I don't want him to regain the weight back either.

*sigh*

It's not easy.

So anyway, being prepared is my biggest win -- having pre-made food (or food delivery services) that prevent me from going off track. I've eliminated some really bad habits from the past, like ordering food delivery (chinese, pizza, etc.) but I can even eat too much of the healthy food.

I'm also working on my stress. And after some new information based on my back injury, from physical therapists, etc., I'm considering a change in my exercise routine which may jump start some things for me there.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

My biggest fear right now is returning to the US. I'm coming home due to my fathers health and I fear that I'll forget very thing I've learned while living in France and regain all the weight back. I know I just have to be extra careful, but it's so easy to get back into old routines.
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #8  

NJpants -- I hear you. I think the thing to remember is that you have also learned a lot about how to get it off and that translates it into how to keep it off....

I'm really hard on myself, but if I am feeling good, I can remember that I only gained 8 lbs back. That's not a whole lot. In general, my lifestyle HAS changed. I don't have to go back to the way I used to eat.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

Rana, that's a great way to look at it. My lifestyle has changed and even with everything, I can keep up my hard work and continue losing the weight.

I weighed in at 231 this morning. Even while bloated. I'm so close to ONEderland. I've been thinking about purchasing an outfit in a size that I'm striving for as a way to visualize and motivate. Have others done this? Does it help?

I'm tryin not to bother with calorie counting this week. It's my final week on France and there are a lot of goodbye parties and dinners planned for me. French food, I will miss you so. But I'm bringing what I've learned back with me.
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Nj pants-Hi! I have a beautiful black dress-size 6-taunting me in my closet right now. I look at it and dream of the day I can wear it again. I think it helps-or right now it is!!
Have you thought about setting something up for when you're back in the states again, as in weight watchers nutrisystem, etc? That way there wouldn't be any time to get off track, you can transition into something like that. I also have a fitbit. I look forward to the time of day that my fitbit signals me that I got my 10,000 steps in. That may be a good reminder?
I'm sorry for the circumstances that are bringing you back to the united states. That can be very stressful to care for a loved one. Stay on here, we'll cheer you on!!
indymom
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #11  

Hello everyone!

Just got back from a work trip and it's been successful and not successful? All my work trips are like that.

So, I walked a million miles (not literally, of course!). I think that was good in terms of balancing having to eat out a lot. But, I was also conscious of not eating everything off my plate and generally trying to be "good."

I'm right back now to my diet and looking forward to eating meals at home again. Then, I'll be off on my next work trip...
Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 PM   #12  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

Hi all,

I'm another returner to 3fatchicks, since I was last here I became a 'decade' older and yo-yoed slowly but surely between my almost goal and where I am now I guess. Not sure I've been heavier than this since my original 3FCs lass back in 2011.

I agree about needing to be organised and on it. I did so well and got so focused when I was back in the UK studying, living at home with my parents so access to a kitchen, joined a gym got in a good routine and found support and focus through this site. Since then I've moved betweent he UK and Thailand, and mainly lived in residential settings when in the UK so been eating catered meals and working long days without much time/energy to exercise.

I'm now settled in Vietnam, been here since the end of August, got my head around my new job, city etc and feel ready and prepared to take on the weight loss for once and for all......

I hope that everyone has a great week and I look forward to getting to know you all

stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Everyone!

I know I've been MIA a bit......things have been a bit busy for me. It seems this thread has slowed down a bit. I've been working on my fitness goals more than anything and because of that, weight loss has slowed quite a bit but I did manage to hit Onederland this week - so yay! I bought a few things to wear since all my clothes are falling off a bit now......I went all out and went to Walmart and bought some $5 shirts and $7 capris....lol.

Welcome stepbystep! I have regained and returned to 3FC twice now I think....so hopefully this is the last time for both of us. Wow, Vietnam?? That's quite a change I'm sure.

Norma - I always have my "skinny" clothes lingering in the background. I have a bunch of clothes from when I was about 185-190 that I'm hoping to fit in by this summer and then I have another bag of clothes that are 160-170 range. So I use those as my measuring stick. Are you back to the states now?? How is your father doing?

Rana - How are you doing now? When's your next work trip?

I've started to contemplate going back to work, but I still think I am going to take a full year off and then start looking. It's hard to know when the right time is.
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #14  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

Hi Laura, congratulations on onederland and on the mini shopping spree

Vietnam is certainly different, but I was in Thailand for 5 years before this so kinda used to it now. It certainly makes dieting a challenge though, but I'm done with making those excuses. I feel good about the challenges ahead and as it seems Asia is my longterm home now I need to work out how to be fit and healthy and one day slim here

Have a great day everyone, almost bedtime here
stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Laura congrats on wonderland.
Step, moving is an adjustment and i can only imagine how hard being in a new country is.
This month is approaching the end, lets keep it up and do our bodies some good!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote