Old 01-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #16  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Hi Quillie!

I'm still here too! I'm doing an Ideal Protein Diet on my own; I buy EAS shakes and other store foods that have a similar amount of calories, protein and carbs as the IP products. I found all the info online on how to do it on my own. I can send it to you via PM. Do you want it? IP is pretty expensive but it's great; there's no way on earth I could afford the real deal with three kids, two dogs, a cat and a husband to feed.

Hello Clmiller!

Maybe having a lower calorie intake? I know that for me, what does it, is a calorie intake of 1200. But I'm short and don't do much physical activity (I'm an online college professor when I'm not studying so I sit around a lot).

Hi Mumofmany!

I have never drank alcohol, but as someone with a carb addiction of sorts I could tell you that going back for one glass can be a slippery slope at the moment because you quit it recently. That is literally what happens to me and carbs so for a while (i.e.: months) I abstain from consuming any carbs and then I incorporate them slowly in a very controlled way, occasionally, because at that point the need and the want for it is so far gone that I know I can control myself and eat, say, a slice of pizza without eating the whole thing, and knowing that the following day I'll go back to eating healthy. That's my advice, not that you asked, hahaha! It might be a little late. LOL

Good luck!

I'm still around the 190s too... last week was disastrous. I went back to not eating healthy at all toward the weekend and I felt disgusted with myself and my lack of self control so I kind of gave up for a few days to hit rock bottom. And I gained 4 lbs.

By Sunday I looked at myself in the mirror and it hit me like it did last year: I am tired of feeling like this, I'm tired of feeling unattractive when I look at myself in the mirror, and on the other hand I know I can lose weight because I did it before, and I know how to do it, and I know how AMAZING it feels! I need to remember both the negative and the positive of this process--leaving the negative behind and pursuing the positive.

See, I think that what happens to me after having a baby is that for the first 2 weeks or so I get this rush: I don't have a baby bump or water retention so I look awesome! It's like rediscovering my body, my waist and my ankles. But there's no effort implied in it. The weight just goes away on its own while I chug down a dozen donuts because it's not fat but water and belly shrinking. And then it stops, and that's when I'm supposed to start taking care of what I eat, but I still have the rush in my head so it has not clicked that I need to put some effort on my side to keep that rolling. I reached that point on Sunday, finally. Along with this whole epiphany. And for me it's a necessary evil, to feel ugly and self deprecating. I cannot change if I'm happy, or okay with myself.

So yesterday I went back, no fooling around, to my very strict Ideal Protein-like diet that I did last year, and here I am. Day two and I'm missing my carbs and feeling woozy like I know I would but feeling amazing because I know this is what it takes. This is what put me in such an amazing place last year! And this time it will a long-term thing. Yeah, I'm not planning on getting pregnant again for a loooooong time! LOL
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #17  
On my way to -70

Well, I'm still here, loving this new page of my life. I started the week at 195.8 (last week was lame and my weight went up), and by now, after a few days regaining control of my eating, I'm back down to 192.2. I am SO looking forward to getting out of the 190s! If I continue this way I should be out in a week or so.

I had a great NSV last night: when I came back home from school I found that my husband had bought pizza for our girls, and there were four slices left. Pizza is, hands down, my favorite food. I didn't even touch it.

And, surprisingly, I'm not resenting it either!
Old 01-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Hi all, I'm 32, current 197ish and hoping to be out of the 190s by mid march, we will see.
I cut out every drink but water/green tea
My focus on diet is no white sugar/white flour and mostly focusing on getting my 5 veggies a day. It helps me not eat junk when I'm full.
I also have been trying to at least do high intensity intervals for 15 minutes on elliptical (bad knee). And lots of weights while my hr is still up.

When I stick to it, it works really well.
My downfall is my job, weird hours, running around at work, then getting home starving at midnight is probably my weakness.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #19  
On my way to -70

Welcome, nickilaughs! It looks like you got a hang of it and know what works well and what doesn't work for you.

This morning I was 192.7. I'm sloooooowly going back to the 191.4 I was two weeks ago.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:52 AM   #20  

Thanks paulitens. Dont give up! You are so close to the 180s! Just think how satisfying that will be!
I was 196ish today. My ankle got strained today but hopefully it wont slow me down.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #21  
On my way to -70

Today in my official weight in I was 193.1. Needless to say, I'm pretty frustrated! I've been doing a really decent job last week and the scale barely budged. I guess it's time to start working out a bit, even if it's just walking half hour on the treadmill a few times a week. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Anyhow... I don't want to over think it because between this frustration and the exhaustion of the sleepless nights, a colicky baby, school, work, and two other kids, I'm going to drive myself nuts.

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Last edited by Paulitens; 02-02-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #22  

(still stalking you all, 16 more pounds...16 more pounds!)
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #23  

Default I'm stalking too!

about 2 pounds until I'm here!
buttonbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:20 AM   #24  

Paulitens, I know it's so hard to look at the scale, but you may not be doing anything wrong. I feel like looking at the scale every day ends up being detrimental for me because even if I was super awesome, had a several hundred extra calorie deficit/worked out an hour and ran around like a maniac my entire shift at work...it can be two lbs higher the next day. And then the day after that three pounds down.
I think the body needs time to adjust to progress. How you feel in your clothes is so much more important. Screw the scale!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #25  

Just wanted to check in with you girls and see how everyone is doing? Hopefully we can start a 180s thread soon!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #26  
Conserve Water

S/C/G: 208/193/151

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Hello Ladies,

New to the forums. My name is Kelly and I am 8 months postpartum. Currently 193.2 lbs, I gained 1 pound during pregnancy and then 17 pounds in months 1-6. smh. This is on top of the 42 pounds I slowly gained since my lowest weight in December of 2010.

I got serious 3 1/2 weeks ago and started a 12 week countdown to a New Orleans trip. I refuse to dress frumpy! I have lost 15 pounds over all with 7 of those being real weight loss and not the water weight.

I am eating 1350 Cal clean foods. I have actually enjoyed my new diet change. I do not eat anything from a box or a can. I cut out refined grains and sugars. I stopped soda 2 months ago. I gave up coffee a month ago and I aim for almost a gallon of water per day.

I exercise 30 minutes a day/ 10k steps and am on day #4 of 30 Day Shred by J. Michaels.

I just ..wish...this wasn't .....so.....sloooooooow. heh. Nice to read all your stories.

Kelly
KellyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #27  

Hi kelly! Welcome! Baby weight is challenge. Its a big change to your body. Hopefully we will all be in yhe 180s soon. Its nice to focus on small amounts instead of big losses. Helps keep me motivated anyway.

Clean eating is a challenge for me. I like a lot of flavor on everything i eat. Im doing mostly veggies and protein. More a low carb style i guess.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #28  
Conserve Water

Thanks Nicki! I am going to have to set some mini goals so this doesn't feel uphill all the time.

So I threw myself a 2 week pity party after the death of a in-law set the scene for me to gain 8 pounds (3 real pounds and 5 water). I wasn't close to her but my MIL was devastated and I was helping by feeding the group for 6 days. snack snack snacking away.

I spend the next week or so eating good-ish but not counting my calories. I was 192.4 when we left for the out of state funeral and today I am 195.4.

So here I am, telling you wonderful supporters that I am back on track with a new mini-goal of being in the 180's by April 30. That is 5 weeks for 5.5 pounds. I will be clean eating and doing my 30 day shred video again.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #29  
Conserve Water

194.8 today.

Last edited by KellyH2O; 03-29-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #30  
Conserve Water

192.7. Yay. I did weigh in yesterday at 192.1 but I was battling the stomach flu so I knew dehydration was at play. I'm so excited to be halfway to my goal so early. I can't wait to see an 8 instead of 9.