Old 01-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Aunty Jam.

Rana, here's to you cleaning out the old and bringing in the new. Sending you peace and light.

Jb1975 A low is a low! "I think I can" is often my motto. You'll get there

A quick check-in-- I've been busy busy and a bit out of whack with my changed schedule this week. I'm also trying to catch up on some work in the evenings. With the break in routine, I've stepped away from both the scale and the fitbit this week. The fitbit was beginning to feel like a chore; I'll probably pick it up again this weekend and see how it goes. The scale...probably the same- I guess I'll weight at some point this weekend or early next week and then see if I want to set a goal for February.

My eating hasn't been terrible, but it hasn't been great either. At the very least, I've had relatively healthy options in the fridge so when I'm eating from home (rather than eating out), I've made good choices. I'm going to work to keep it up the next couple weeks.

I'm pleased with my lunch today, which was a salmon wrap and yogurt. I'm trying to eat a bit for my skin-- I want it radiant! Fish, yogurt, carrot juice. Might these do the trick? Maybe I should pick up some walnuts. And I need to up my water intake, as always

Have a good rest of the week, everyone.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #92  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Weighed in at 179.2 this morning and just had a big lunch LoL. Baby steps.... baby steps....
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

Laura, I don't get paid to give tours or anything. I just know so much about France and Paris especially that when there is a new au pair in town, I end up showing them around. Everyone says I should be a tour guide in Paris, but getting a work visa is tricky business. As for either Versailles or the Louvre, you will be fighting with crowds and won't see as much as you hope. My personal favorites are musée des arts et métiers which is very Jules Vernian. The subway station at it was modeled to look like a submarine. My other favorite is musée d'orsay which has more modern pieces than the Louvre. The pieces at Orsay run from mid 19th century to WWI and this is where you will find Van Gogh, Monet, Manet, Cezanne, Degas, and Toulouse-Lautrec. The building itself is an old train station converted into a museum. I love it! But, I still recommend Versailles or the Louvre for folks who have their heart set on those places.

I spent the beginning of this week sick and so haven't been able to do much of anything in the way of working out. I ate my first solid meal today and kept it down. Hopefully, I get back my strength before the weekend as I have big plans.
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #94  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

Height: 5'6

UGH!!! My son's grandmother chose Japanese as her birthday dinner, for this evening. So, if anyone needs me I'll be chugging water for the next 2 days!!
Jb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #95  

NjPants I hope you feel better today and are able to enjoy your weekend.

I realized I am approaching TOM which could explain some of my "throw your hands up" exasperation this week. As usual, the thing to do is just keep moving forward. Keep my head down, so to speak. Today for breakfast I had carrot juice and eggs with salsa and cheese, a good choice. Not sure how the rest of the day will pan out food-wise but should be fine. Have a good one, everyone.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:44 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

I'm new to this group, just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm 29 weeks pregnant so I'm not dieting right now, but I am trying to stay healthy and get walks in when I can. I am so pumped to continue the weight loss and fitness journey that I started before my pregnancy so I'm hanging around the forums getting motivation!!!

After the baby is born I am rejoining weight watchers and then when I am cleared to exercise I plan to start with PiYo followed by Turbo Fire, and then start training for the 5k I want to run next year :-)
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 AM   #97  
Jill

Down again and enjoying the ride until the Japanese food and TOM catch up to me!!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #98  

Welcome, fitmama84, and congrats!!!

I had oatmeal and peanut butter for breakfast-- I just had a taste for it. Just as well- it'll keep me full through a busy day. I packed healthy snacks (broccoli and hummus, cheese) to eat throughout the day and tonight: pizza and wine
Old 01-31-2015, 12:51 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

JB1975 – Sorry to hear about the computer issues. Hope it’s all resolved now. Congratulations on the new low! That’s great. Don’t worry about the Japanese food. I get the same bloating after any Asian food so I sympathize. And I do see the scale go back down. I hope it continues to go down for you.

Scout – Thanks. I hope it’s all good. I think taking a break when you’re stressed and adjusting is a good idea. I am going to be doing that myself. Your food sounds amazing!

Aunty Jam – it is all about the baby steps and getting back on the wagon. Although I have to be careful myself when I see a new low on the scale, because my tendency is to throw caution out the window…

NJPants – I hope you feel better soon. It’s great that you know the city so well!

FitMama84 – Welcome! Hope the birth is stress free!

My update: I’m kind of stressed out. I’ve had the last three days (including today) be completely stressful. Stressful at work, stressful at home… I’ve become a ball of negativity. I really just want to crawl into a hole all weekend and see if it goes away by Monday. BF doesn’t know what to do with me. I’m not lashing out at him, so it’s not about that, it’s just I feel tired, defeated.

Since I’m feeling so negative, I’ll add that my weight didn’t go down this month either, but rather it went up. And maybe it’s water retention (TOM soon) and maybe things will change then. But.. I’m thinking of what I am eating and how I am handling this stress and I think that I need to do a Whole30-ish or a strict Paleo for the next 3 weeks and see if the scale starts going in the right direction. I’ll be traveling too this coming month (February) and I wasn’t traveling in January, so I thought I would have gotten ahead in terms of weight loss. Eh, like I said, I’m just feeling very negative.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #100  

Thanks for the welcome! Rana, I think a whole30 approach is a great idea. Sometimes our bodies just need a change! Don't get discouraged!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #101  

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning All! I had a murder mystery party last night where I dressed like Rapunzel. Dh was Hansel (ala Hansel and Gretel) and my kids were dwarves...LOL. It was super fun! And despite the TONS of amazing food I did really well, I'm proud of myself. I worked out before going and ate light during the day. So I still indulged in a piece of lasagna and a tiny piece of pizza, a BIG salad and about 1/4 piece of cake. It was enough for me....for once. I'm a party gorger.

Rana - Sorry you're feeling so negative It's so hard to see when your mind is in that place...but things will turn around. Going into something even more strict may make you even more stressed and miserable. But if you've done it before maybe you know what you're doing! I went to the dark/miserable place on Friday after a stressful Thursday. I don't do well with stress. But then I woke up the next day and the sun came out. We're here for you girl!

fitmama - Welcome! Is this your first baby?
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #102  

Laura78 A murder mystery party sounds so fun! And good job on the food choices.

Rana Just sending good vibes. I've been there.

I woke up today ready to get back to it, so to speak. I weighed myself: 186.6. So that's where I'm at. I'd love to be at goal by May though I don't know if that'll happen. I'm going to set my February goal at 4 pounds and see how that goes. I'm debating whether or not go to back to the fitbit. On the one hand, it's a good way to see calories in/calories out; on the other, I don't want to live or die by it. I don't want to obsess over this idea of calories; all the changes I make are with sustainability in mind and that kind of tracking is just not sustainable for me. But it's sometimes fun. Ho-hum.

I'm having coffee but haven't had breakfast yet. I'll do that in a bit. I think Ill make some eggs with broccoli and cheese. Then I'm off to the store for healthy groceries for the week and then housework and catching up on work. I'm back to my normal routine next week, and I'm going to embrace it. I bet it'll be good for weight loss
Old 02-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #103  

Laura78 no this is my second! I have a 2 year old boy, and I'm pregnant with a little girl :-) I'm so excited to meet her but I am itching to get back to my weight loss journey.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

Ladies, thank you all. I'm feeling much better. I ate well this weekend and got about 25km I'm walking. I don't feel too bad about it because I shopped like I haven't in years.

I tried on smaller clothes and when they fit, I felt amazing. I've gotten a whole new wardrobe, all on sale, and I can get rid of my larger clothes! I have a long way to go, but I've crossed a major milestone and it feels great. Part of me wants to hold on to the bigger clothes, just in case, but I won't get back there again.

Today, I climbed the 387 steps up to the south tower of Notre Dame. I was winded, but I didn't stop and rest, I just kept climbing until I got there. My legs get like jelly coming back down, but the view I was rewarded with was worth the climb. Not only that, but the way I felt knowing that I climbed those steps as well as or better than the skinny people around me was totally a motivator. Hopefully I keep losing weight, but I'm getting fit and healthy which matters so much more.

I'm thinking of you all and congratulating you all on your wins this weekend and I'm here to help hold you up in your non wins this weekend. We will all get there.

Weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck! A demain.
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #105  
Jill

Good morning, all!!

Just stopping in to say KEEP ON GOING!!!!

I'm holding at 225.2 this morning. Hoping for another big whoosh before Valentine's day! I won't be making my original goal of 214 but I plan to do my best to get as close as I can!!! I would like to pass my current goal of 222 if I can!

I'm heading out to my water aerobics class now and will be starting week 8 of C25K this afternoon.....if the weather cooperates!

My family and I are heading out for spring break vacation in about 6.5 weeks and I am really going to try and get some extra pounds shed before then!!! 15.5 pounds would be GREAT but I'm not holding my breath!! Trying for 7 this month (Jill, step away from the Valentine's candy, you aren't supposed to eat chocolate anyway! But the dipped strawberries are killer!)!

Please, Jesus, give us all success!!! Blessings, all!!!