3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   170s Thread, please join me but don't stay long ;-) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/293226-170s-thread-please-join-me-but-dont-stay-long-%3B.html)

Stars0245 05-07-2014 04:13 PM

No not in school but was once upon a time. ;)

RVAscreenwriter 05-07-2014 04:44 PM

As for me, I was a snug size 14 in Old Navy jeans, back when I weighed 200. I actually weighed a bit over 200, but I think I fainted and knocked my head on the toilet when I saw the scale go past 200. That was around 2011.

When I met my husband back in 2009 I was between a size 6 and 8, but weighed 150. I was pretty much all muscle! I've got Clyesdale-ish legs, though.

Right now I'm a textbook size 12. Ultimately, I'm hoping to get down to an 8. I think that's a realistic size for my body type and lifestyle.

and nope, Pauli, not in school! Sorry <shrug>
I was a non-traditional age student, though. I didn't start college until I was 26 and finished in 2011.

Paulitens 05-07-2014 05:24 PM

Stars - Oh, I wish I could say "once upon a time." My "once upon a time" in college is all I know... I'm one of those professional students. Bahaha! Seriously, I've been in college since I was 19, took a one-year hiatus when I was 24 and got married, then a two-year hiatus at 30-32 to work. And I'm back to the grind. I'm incorrigible. :dizzy:

RVAScreenwriter -- I was a snug 14 when I was 209 too, and I also freaked out. I did not want to cross the 100-kilogram (220 lbs) line. I was bigger than I had been pregnant. No way, José! I had to stop it right then an there... And so it started last January.

:carrot:

Pinkhippie 05-07-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulitens (Post 4999878)
RVAScreenwriter -- I did end up eating some. I still am in a little funk, but I'll go back to normal soon...

:carrot:

I started with pants size 14 (a little on the loose side, I fit on 14 but I didn't like the muffin top so I went up one size), and I think I'm on 12 now. I don't know exactly. With tops I was XL-XXL and now I'm a L. That feels great because I carry most of my weight on top.

Pinkhippie... 171!? That's SAH-WEET! I know you might be disappointed but it's a great number from my perspective. LOL. I can't wait to be in the 160s. I was 174.0 this morning and I was stoked. Hope to see 173.0 on the scale next Monday. :)

My jeans size is 12 I think. I can't wait to get to the single digits. When I was skinny I was a 40 in Argentina, that probably translates into a 10 here so I don't think I'll ever go to the single digits unless I starve myself. It's weird because my top loses and gains weight fairly easy but my hips and legs always look kind of the same.

Thanks! I try to remind myself that I was totally desperate to be in the 170's for MONTHS and I should really appreciate that I am already almost out of them. I also should appreciate that a lot of my old in between clothes now fit and the other ones are close. AND I can finally wear my wedding ring again. That happened at around 175 lbs. So many things to be grateful for at this weight. :)

My jean size was about a 16 when I was close to 200 lbs, a 14 when I was in the 180's and now the 14's are loose but the 12's are a bit more snug than I like to wear my jeans. Back when I weighed 150-155 before baby number 2 I wore a size 9/10 sometimes a 7/8 depending on the brand.

Pinkhippie 05-08-2014 10:17 AM

TOM has left the building! I weighed in at 169.8 this morning. Im going to hang out in this thread for a few days though, because of the way the scale has been lately. :)

RVAscreenwriter 05-08-2014 10:29 AM

Congratulations, Pink! That's great news :)

Paulitens 05-08-2014 11:49 AM

Yes, it is all a matter of perspective, Pinkhippie! And of always looking back at where we used to be so that we can appreciate where we are now and love ourselves for it. I am FAR from being where I want to be (this morning was 173.4 woo hoo!), but I try not to lose my sense of wonder of the little things, the little changes in my body, like my wedding ring being so loose (I resized it to a size 7 1/2 a few years ago when I wasn't ready to start a healthy lifestyle), like the notches on my belt going smaller and smaller, and my old jeans being baggier and baggier, like being able to take a selfie with the camera right in front of me and not at an angle to hide my multiple chins as I used to (I know, this is shallow but whatever), actually having a neck, and having boobs that enter the room when I do and not two seconds before the rest of my body (lol)... I don't have a perfect body and I won't have a perfect body -- ever. But this "diet" is teaching me to love myself even with my imperfections because there is SO much for me to be thankful of!

Let's keep at it!

:broc:

Pinkhippie 05-08-2014 02:23 PM

Thanks RVAscreenwriter!

Yes Pauli I totally agree! I had a little party in my closet this morning checking out old clothes that are sooo close to fitting now and some shirts that finally do fit. I refused to resize my wedding ring and so I didn't wear it for over 2 years. I already have a larger ring size than most and I didn't want to get it even bigger. I wore a substitute ring in a bigger size for a long time. I totally get the selfie with the chins! My face is still more plump than I would like but it looks so much more defined now.

You know I have discovered that I have actually begun to crave fruits and vegetables and I feel wrong if I don't have them with a meal.( I have always loved fruit but getting veggies in has been a challenge) I don't force myself to eat them if I don't want them though. I also notice sugar is giving me a sugar headache and I have cut Way way down on that. And my portions are automatically just becoming smaller and I feel satisfied way sooner than I used to. I feel so much better not stuffing myself with food when Im not hungry. And exercise. I finally have been exercising regularly and it really makes me feel so much better. I kind of have a hard time believing it took me this long to start taking care of myself because I feel so much better but I guess I had too much going on with a new baby and all that entailed.

yay for 173 Pauli! That is awesome! Definitely let's keep at it!

Stars0245 05-08-2014 11:08 PM

Awesome all around! Send me some of your great attitudes this way! TOM for me this week and feeling fat and tired. Weighing in tomorrow, hoping for 176 or less but thinking it wont happen.

Pinkhippie 05-09-2014 10:45 AM

Good luck Stars! I weighed in today at 168! So, Im thinking that the TOM weight is finally gone. Don't get discouraged by feeling bloated and fat. It will go away if you just keep on doing what you have been doing.

I guess I will leave this thread since I don't usually jump 2 pounds up, but thank you everyone for the support. It really helped. Good luck on your journeys and see you in the 160's! :)

Paulitens 05-09-2014 11:03 AM

We'll miss you and we'll see you soon, Pinkhippie! Congrats!

I was 174.0 today. No biggie, it was probably because I ate a protein bar late at night that I wasn't supposed to eat.

Stars0245 05-09-2014 12:36 PM

175!! woo hoo!! That was with a sweatshirt and jeans. If I take the sweatshirt off it says 174!! But I am offically going with 175.
pinkhippie--see you in the 160's hopefully sooner than later!
Paulitens--174 is good! When do you "offfically" weigh in?
I think the weather the last couple of days has been playing a part in my tiredness...rainy cloudy and cool. ugh I am really ready for summer....then I can complain about the heat and bugs lol
My daughters birthday party is tomorrow...hope I can resist the cupcakes, or if I do have one maybe just a half??? the frosting is my weakness!!

Paulitens 05-10-2014 01:08 PM

My official weight ins are on Monday, so I don't freak out too much if my numbers go up throughout the week, or get too excited if the numbers go down; more often than not those low numbers are not indicators of what my official weight is going to be on Monday.

Last night I went to the opera with my best friend, and when we got back to her place her husband had made ribs. They smelled SO delicious and I was SO hungry I ate way too many of them. But I don't think they'll hurt me too bad if they're the exception to the rule. I'm having "exceptions to the rule" far too often lately in comparison to how strict my diet used to be, but I'm still in control of the situation and I think that as long as I am in control instead of food, I'll keep losing.

Stars0245 05-11-2014 11:12 AM

Exceptions are ok once in awhile but like you said you are the one in control and thats what matters! Allowing yourself a treat now and then is good I think. I dont have any foods that are off limits, I couldnt live like that. I just ) imit my portion sizes and try for healthy options most of the time but I for sure still eat not sonhealty things too, just not as often as I used to.

Happy mothers day to all you moms!

Paulitens 05-11-2014 08:35 PM

Happy mother's day, ladies! The scale graced me with a 173.4 this morning, we'll see where I am tomorrow morning on my official weight in day. It would be nice to be 173.0 since I always lose 1+ per week, but we'll see.

I got a Fitbit for mother's day! I'm still trying to figure it out. Those things are so unsightly when you're trying to pull off a cute outfit with jewelry and whatnot. At least I got the black one and not some other weird color. :P Anyway... I love it! Best Mother's day present ever!