I know all the ways to get there and I still don't...

• Hi Everyone,

I am back after awhile and need the support! I am confident that I know very well how to lose weight. I've done it before. I just fall back into old habits because it is comfortable. And, it's easier to take care of others.

Anyways, just like so many stories here, I am back to try and make this a permanent lifestyle change. I know that once I get to my goal, the hard work will be maintenance. But, I need to get there first!

I know my goal needs to be to do this for myself, but I really want to have a baby with my husband...and I'm not ready to try until I'm in a healthy weight zone. Some people seem to think that is superficial, but I think it's being a responsible person.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you know you'll be seeing me around!

Thank you for being you!
  • Hi Alli,

What part of San Diego are you from? I just found this forum and we also live in San Diego in the Ocean Beach area.

I would be happy to workout with you if you are looking for a partner who's been where you are at.

After my 3rd child was born 17 months ago I went on a huge eating binge and was almost 40 pounds overweight. I could blame postpartum depression but the truth is that that only lasted a few months - the eating part I kept up with on my own

Anyways, let me know what I can do for you. Diet and exercise alone can get the job done. But don't make yourself miserable. Start with just 1 simple change, like an apple first thing in the morning for a week, then a 10 minute walk each day the 2nd week, so on and so forth.

You'll find your groove, just go slow.

- Angie
  • Hi Angie,

Thank you for your words of encouragement :-) I have been getting back to it slowly but surely. It's so silly, because I feel so much better when I eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise, etc., yet my mind plays tricks on me. Eating has always been such a comfort.

Anyway, I am going to try to stay involved in this site to keep me accountable and self aware.

We live in Mira Mesa, so not super close...Where do you usually workout?
  • I completely understand! We are planning for a child after our wedding in May and I know that it is much safer (at my age especially) to be at a healthy weight before conception. Good luck, you can do it!!!
  • I definitely am where you are right now as well..I've lost weight before and was doing quite well (I lost 50)... had a downward spiral and gained 30 of it back.. Now I don't know how to start again even though I've done it before.
  • I completely understand what you're saying about the pregnancy/weight issue. Diabetes is a big issue in my family so it would be very unhealthy if I were to get pregnant now. I don't have any children but have thought I would like some in the future and now that I'm 34 I'm realizing that if it's something I really want I have to do it in a smart way, especially given that I'm older.

As for the going back into comfortable habits, that is my biggest obstacle. I'm a full time student and still work really odd hours (and in the funeral industry so it's extra emotional) I seem to go with what's quick and comforting. I'm hoping to learn some tips to make healthy choices quick and hoping they will eventually become more comforting than the bad choices.
  • Yeah I have lost and gained back 40 lbs and can totally relate to the feeling of not knowing where to start again. I just joined a new gym and am going to try to make it a routine to go. I had included calorie counting previously which was really hard. I should probably do that again but can't bring myself to do it yet. Instead I'm going to try to cut out junk food and see what happens, and make sure I'm exercising regularly. It's really hard to be here again but the important thing is acknowledging it and working on it!
  • I am back after being away for awhile too. I successfully lost 75 pounds and successfully gained most of it back!! Instead of beating myself up about it, lord knows I have done that enough, I am back on the horse and ready to go. We can do it, we just need to find that inner strength again
  • I applaud you for losing the weight before you have a baby! I found it much harder to lose weight once I had a baby. I thought I would have an ace in my pocket with breast feeding, but I packed on the lbs bad after the baby came instead of losing them!
    I'm with you JennyT, I'm over beating myself up about gaining all my weight back again too!
    Good luck!
  • I'm with all you ladies! I've lost and gained back. My motivation is non existant. It doesn't help that my boyfriend only wants to sit on the couch and watch tv which is something I like to do as well. plus with the winter weather..... blah. I've decided to start T25 on my days off of work. I work 3, 12 hour days a week. With the hour drive to work, the last thing I want to do is exercise. lol
  • I'm with you in trying to lose the weight before baby. While to some people it may seem like a waste of energy since you will just be gaining weight with pregnancy anyway, it is incredibly important to be your healthiest before and during the pregnancy. I also think it is easier to change your bad habits, and form good ones before your whole life is upturned with an addition to the family, that way you are already well on your way back to healthy body after baby.
    Best of luck to you and I look forward to follwing your journey!