Old 05-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I'm mainly just eating healthier, doing Turbo Jam, and rewarding myself with non-food awards at the end of the week, but in haven't been doing this long. I bought breathable socks this week.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! I'm back. I spent the weekend before last in Key West, Fl for my sister's wedding, came home and have been siiiiiiiiiick. Finally feelin better. Thank god! I'm so glad it is finally nice here in illinois. I plan on doing a lot of walking and bike riding. My fiance and I are doing a 5k next weekend, and another next month. We will just be walking them since I can't run due to bad feet from the military. Happy Memorial day everyone!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #93  

HELLO!!!!!

So I'm over 30 and in the 200s - this seems like a good thread for me to join in on! A little bit about me....I'm 33 and just joined back up yesterday. I was on 3FC many years ago (2006 ish?) and I got just to about the 200 mark with onederland in sight and was derailed by what turned into a bad relationship. My whole landscape has changed since then....but I have never successfully gotten back on track. I have gained back every single pound and have been hovering between 240-250 for what is now...years. Carbs and booze are my big problems.

Alcohol has played a huge role in my life and weight problem since high school really so I am tackling 2 problems at once my weight and my drinking - but really it's all connected because the goal is a long term healthy fit lifestyle. I guess you could say I had a 're-awakening' on Sunday night (also posted in the intro section). In recap it was spring closet cleaning day which I'm terrified of because I have to try on clothes i haven't seen all winter so in order to get through it I drank an entire box of wine (yes you heard me, a box, for the math, that is about 4 bottles, I admit it) which led to a big embarrassing drunk blow out with my boyfriend and brought me to the hard decision day and I chose my health and life.

Today is day 1 back on my healthy eating plan and is day 2 with no alcohol. (FYI since I know it will come up I will not be going to AA because of personal conflicts with the religious aspects of that program however if it looks like I need additional support kicking the booze I intend on working with my doctor and perhaps a private program to help). So far I'm doing ok and I'm feeling really good and motivated today. I am counting calories (and am actually counting them) committing to a healthy low carb organic food plan, work with a trainer once a week (which I have been doing since last fall), will actually DO my fitness homework outside of our session, wearing my Up band to make sure I'm moving enough during the day and getting enough sleep and water and I'm not touching a drop of alcohol. My BF and I (rounding 4 years, own a house, no kids, 1 cat) are also committed together to working on our relationship to make sure that any root problems we have are worked out as a part of this process for me.

Ok sorry that was long - I'm long winded sometimes. I'm looking forward to 'meeting' you all! I'm also around on the 100lb board too (at 5'5" and 247 I've got 100lbs to lose)
SunnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'6

Hi guys!!!

I'm new here - 31 and 209 lbs. A little bit of my history: I was a SUPER skinny kid (insane metabolism and naturally underweight until high school), which meant I didn't learn much about how to eat healthfully as a kid. My weight crept up in high school, college, and for a few years after, until, at 24, I joined WeightWatchers and went from 179 to 145. Then, of course, I went off plan and over five years, my weight crept up and up and up (funny how that happens).

I've never been good about working out, but over the past year, I've gotten really into Pilates and have gotten on a great workout schedule (reformer Pilates 2-3x/week, barre 1-2x/week, and cardio 1-2x/week). I know Pilates isn't the most effective for weight loss, but I love it and I can feel myself getting stronger, which is more important to me than losing quickly. The scale hasn't budged much over this year, because I haven't changed my diet. Now, I finally feel ready to change my diet and lose the weight for good. I went back to WeightWatchers today (WW with meetings is the only thing that's worked for me) and I'm psyched to get started! Hi all!!!!
realgoodthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #95  

welcome ladies! Sunny- It seems like you are very determined! Best wishes on your journey!
Realgoodthing- you and I seem to be on the same path lol. We are at about the same weight/ height working towards the same goal. We got this I have never done pilates but it would i have wanted to try it. I am going to start working with a personal trainer hopefully next week. Right now, I started working out. Yesterday my fiance and I broke out our bikes for the first time this season, and rode 10 miles! It felt awesome

I don't know how much working out I will get done this weekend, because I am working 7a-730p today, tomorrow and sunday and have an hour commute to work each way. I'll try and get some activity in, and just watch what I eat.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Looks there haven't been many people posting on this thread in the past couple of weeks. I'm currently at 218, and my first "mini-goal" is to get to 199. How is everyone doing???
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #97  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm back from a long vacation and back to working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week until October. I actually do better weight loss wise with those crazy hours because I am able to be stricter on plan. No deviation from my schedule for unplanned activities or unstructured time like vacations. I gained during my vacation though, too much junk food and too much drinking. I should jump on the booze free bandwagon! I totally could drink a bottle or two of wine in one day if I was cleaning out my closet too.

My plan for this "season" is walking the dog daily for at least 20 minutes, religiously wearing my body bugg and tracking my intake, and eating calorie controlled keto. Last "season" was three months of this and I lost 22 lbs (gained back 10), so if I can lose 30 that would get me out of the 200 with solid footing in onederland.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 250/221.1/150

Height: 5'3

Hi. I've dabbled a bit, but I guess I should just out myself.
So I just joined weight watchers as I have the the 250 mark.
Plus my husband and I had a fight on our 8th anniversary...I want him to quit smoking and he wants me to lose weight. (And just to be fair he wants me to lose weight because he's afraid it will be hurting my health not because I would look better. Although I would. )
It's really a struggle. I work in the schools so I have the summer months off. The Plus is less stress (I definitely want to eat when I am stressed.) The negative is more unstructured time (I eat when I am bored.)
Anyway I am on Day 4 of WW. I have never tried it before. In addition I've signed up for a seminar on weight loss surgery. I really don't know where all this is going to lead. But I know I can't do this by myself.
Seana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:09 AM   #99  

I was 40 lbs lighter when I met the man who is now my fiance. He says he loves me no matter what my weight is...of course. But, he says he does want me to live a long and healthy life. He has also mentioned that he would love to see me get my confidence back. One of my most significant goals is when I get to the weight I was at when we met.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

I'm new in this section, 37 and now down to 207.9 lb (was 220 back in May). I'm making a career change and the new job requires physical fitness, mobility and slenderness.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #101  

Way to go on the progress!!
Old 07-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 250/244/170

Height: 5"3

Since February I have lost 13 pounds. (Though I must admit, the months inbetween I had given up hope because I wasn't losing anything really.) I started out at 252 and am now at 239. It is progress and such hard work to even lose that. I want to lose 40 pounds and then some more.! but I just want to get to onederland it has been two years since I have been there.
MamaChelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #103  

Hey ladies, it's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've just been crazy busy! My sister had her baby, so I am the proud new Auntie of another nephew I also bought a camping trailer with my husband (yep... I got married! court house wedding, my wedding ceremony is in September in Aruba) We had a wicked storm last week that knocked out power in our house for 2 days.
This weekend we had a suprise baby shower on Saturday for my sister and brother in law, and it turned out their was a surprise bridal shower for me yesterday. What a great weekend!

Weight wise I've lost 6 lbs in the last few weeks. Go me! lol
Hope everyone had a great holiday!!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 235/217/155

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I'm 27 and at just over 217. I started at 235lb. My first mini-goal was to get under 220, and now I'm looking to get under 200.

How is everyone doing?
hippiefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 240/201/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Emotional Eating?

I have lost weight twice and was within 5lbs of my goal. I kept it off for at least a year and half both time before gaining it all back. I'm hoping third times the charm! My biggest problem area seems to be stress/emotional eating. Does anyone else have this problem? Have you been able to fix the issue and how?
NoleGirl00 is offline   Reply With Quote