3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   200's and counting down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/289896-200s-counting-down.html)

jendiet 03-07-2014 10:24 PM

Well this thread is slow moving but so is my weight loss--been bouncing around the 210s and getting tired of them! I haven't been 100 percent on plan though but I feel I'm still making progress.

npotyonek 03-08-2014 04:01 PM

Making Italian Wedding Soup for dinner tonight. Figured it was a great healthy meal to wrap up the winter! It hit the 50's today but the sun will be going down along with the temperature. Im really getting hungry from smelling it for the last 4 hours! We usually get about 3 meals out of a big pot so hopefully that will keep my points low all weekend. Looking forward to a glass of wine as well! Hope ya'all are having a great weekend!
Natalie

jendiet 03-09-2014 04:41 AM

Mmmm... Soup. Supposed to kick start weight loss too. Well I have found myself drowning in projects. They are stressing me out but I need to complete them one at a time.

I was so busy today and got my car cleaned out. I was a sweaty mess most of the day but I saw my previous 210. That inspires me to work harder which always means a gain---that will eventually go away but a gain is hard to take this early!

laylee580 03-10-2014 10:50 AM

Jen. Congrats on getting to 210. I've also been slow going and not completely on plan on the weekends. Weekend events are what kill me. I know I went over this weekend and only got one workout in last week :( and I woke up this morning with a sore throat feeling thoroughly exhausted. So I have to do whatever I can to stay on track and beat this cold into submission. Everyone in my team at work has been sick over the past month so I knew it was just a matter of time. Then this weekend I have to travel to PA for my wedding shower and somehow I don't see myself staying on track with the shower. I have to weigh in this morning and I'm worried that I will have messed up my loss from last week :( But I just tell myself every Monday is a fresh start to keep things going. Wish me luck.

laylee580 03-10-2014 11:49 AM

Well I weighed in and had a 0.7 lb loss. So I'm counting that as a win and a lesson learned on what I could've lost if I went to the gym more and didn't go over all weekend. There is one good thing though, I lost a point on WW so that means I'm doing well!

npotyonek 03-11-2014 05:14 PM

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I pigged out yesterday and didnt track all my meals this weekend. However I had healthy stuff. Soup on sat, venison french dip on sunday and 1/2 a steak yesterday. Lunches were god too...salads left over soup. Hopefully I didnt screw up a loss!

npotyonek 03-12-2014 09:28 AM

Well 2.2 lb gain! Really mad at myself. So new goal. Stay within my point ranges until Easter when I go home to visit my family and brand new Niece! I need to be down enough for people to notice. I also want to be an inspiration for my sister to get back to weight watchers because Im scared for her health. We can do this together.

Desper8lyseekinskiny 03-12-2014 08:53 PM

Hi I have been a member of the 200 club for 19 years. There has been a brief period where I lived in onederworld but I blew it. Now it's time to work this 200+ Body into onederworld again. Now if I could find my intrinsic motivation I would be on my way. I have been on b shots and diet pills for a bit and have just gained weight (go figure) so now it's time to go old school. Hope to be in onederworld by 2015. What programs are y'all using?

jendiet 03-12-2014 10:44 PM

npo--I hope the 2 lbs don't stick. You have alot of stress, make sure you drink water to fight the water retention stress can cause.
seeking--you can do it. I am trying to find what works for me, for now the only having shakes for breakfast and lunch and TRYING not to snack works for me. I am also trying to avoid wheat and gluten.
laylee--sore throats are the worse.

well, gang I am committed to working out, I got another project done, but I am still working on the dog kennel. It's a little harder to work out without the tv to mindlessly watch while I do it, but I just have to stay motivated.

i love walking outside and I have this mini stepper thing that I am going to try while my 2 year old is playing out doors. It's either that or load them up in the stroller and go for a walk.

trying to stick to my goals of 3, 15 min cardio sessions and 3 resistance sessions. I make time for EVERYONE. my kids come first, surely I can carve out some time for me to do something to help me get healthy.

right now, my baby is screaming--he's fed, changed, just wants me--so I feel guilty even typing right now...but I know I need this!

laylee580 03-13-2014 08:36 AM

npo - just get back on track and forget about last week. what works for me is when I don't punish myself for gains but look at the new week for a new start.

Desper8lyseekinskiny - WW has really been the only thing that helps me long term because it really is a lifestyle change with real food. I think I do well with it because nothing is a gimmick, I'm not eating prepackaged diet food but making good choices with my own food. Plus the app is amazing on my phone, it makes checking myself at any point really simple so I can make informed decisions.

jen - I'm glad to hear that you're on track with your workouts but you are right your kids come first. You do what you have to do to be a good mom and happy.

Today is the last day of my work week and I just can't wait for it to be over. I feel like I just can't stand my co-workers this week and I could really use a vacation. Unfortunately there is no rest this weekend as I head home for my "surprise" bridal shower and have to deal with both our crazy mothers who think they are getting married! Ugh wish me luck.

circa83 03-13-2014 11:22 AM

My mini goal was to be out of the 200s by July but my ultimate goal is to not be overweight for once in my life. It seems like my body wants to go back to 220 and stay there for a while whether I'm in the process of losing or gaining.
My goal for the end of March was 212 and this morning I was 212.8. Sunday morning I was 216.4 and I have been eating a homemade brownie with ice cream every day so I dunno how I lost that much in less than a week. Some weeks I can lose 2 lbs and some weeks I might not lose any. I'm still working on a strategy and figuring out what my body will handle. I exercise 5 days a week and I eat mostly veggies and protein. When I eat something sweet I try to exercise afterwards and avoid any other high carb foods that day.

npotyonek 03-16-2014 09:35 AM

Laylee...how was your surprise shower? What an exciting time.

Circa. Congrats on getting to your mimi goal. Even if you fluxuate within a few pounds of your ultimate number. And remember there are 2 more weeks left to get that number to stabalize.

Jen, I too hope this 2 lbs takes a hike this week. i almost feel like I should just look at my weight as220 since I keep bouncing back and forth between 219 and 221.

Im very happy with my week so far. I have been eating lots of fruits & veggis. I still have 5 flex points left till wed. I usually have used them all and then some by sunday. Im trying to divide those points up more evenly rather than having a crazy over the top night like im at a special event or something. Weather still cant make up its mind so exersize is spuratic. All I want to do is get outside and start my gardening!

Hope you ladies had a great weekend.
Nat

Desper8lyseekinskiny 03-17-2014 12:41 PM

Thanks ladies
I am too lazy for we lol I did the Mediterranean diet for 3 years and lost 90 pounds but am very discouraged because I was able to gain 55 back just as quick :mad: I have been slacking on the exercise and I know mentally and physically I need to for my health. I weighed in Friday and had gained a pound :?: this week is going to be majorly stressful because I have a comp exam Saturday and a midterm tonight so this week will be called studypalooza lol
Have an awesome and successful week future oneworlders

jendiet 03-17-2014 02:34 PM

circa, congratulations on meeting the mini goal.

npo, I take the lowest number on the scale and call it! I love gardening too.

Desper8-maintaining is a huge part of this thing. Hang in there. Hope your studying pays off.

I am under ALOT of stress. Nobody seems to understand. I have no one to talk to. My relationship is just there after 9 years.--and I wonder when it will come to the breaking point, but I hope to God that we will receive some breakthrough. Basically, he wants to end it all because I promised God I would name my son Seth, and I did. He's pissed off now. I tried to name our first boy Seth, and he threatened to leave me then--but then we made a deal I could name our next son Seth. So 2 weeks before the baby is born--he breaks the deal. "I want to name him Kenneth".

Well, Ok? So much for compromise and making promises with me? I feel numb most of the time. I have a 3 month old, a 2 year old, and he sucks as a dad, because his focus is on the baby's name and he can't see the forest for the trees. I keep hoping he will wake up and realize the GOOD things he has!

plus my teenager is putting me through alot of stress doing things he shouldn't do.

my focus is on my health (fat loss) and on keeping up the house and keeping my job. (stress there too). I keep trying to reach out to my partner but he rejects everything I do, if there is no name change. I don't want to break my promise, because my Faith is a HUGE part of me. But I don't want him to be miserable. I honestly don't know what to do? If he really was a loser, I would leave him. But he is a decent hard working man and CAN be a good dad.

But at least I can report I did hit my mini goal of 209. Now if I could just steadily see that number, I would be happy.

Desper8lyseekinskiny 03-17-2014 03:21 PM

Congrats Jendiet on meeting your mini goal. Wow I'm sorry you are in relationship helll. You are in between a rock and a hard place. Have you discussed the reasoning behind him hating that name and how significant that is to him? Is that name a reminder of something emotionally scarring? Have you told him the significance that name has for you? If not I would suggest that conversation. Your promise to God is between you and god so I would talk with God too. Is this truly the core problem in your relationship or is it compromise and trust that's the problem?Ultimately, if a compromise can not be made then you will have to make a hard decision.
These are the things that popped in my head while reading your post hopefully I did offend that's not my intention

Have a better day