Old 01-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #1  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Default 30-Somethings in the 190s

Hi ladies!

I looked up and down for other 30-somethings trying to get out of the 190s but didn't find any threads.

I'm currently 194.7 after having lost 40 lbs, getting pregnant and gaining most of it back. But it's all good! I enjoyed stuffing my mouth with junk and healthy foods alike while my baby boy was growing in my tummy. And now I'm enjoying going back to more sensitive portions and healthier choices! When I finally recover from the C-section (and, honestly, when I have some energy at all!) I will resume my energetic walks and runs on the treadmill.

So... who's with me? Introduce yourselves and let's support each other out of the 190s!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 92.4 / 84.2 / 65

Height: 169.5

I think I'm currently 199lbs.

I had a baby 11 weeks ago and can't even blame it on that as within days of her birth I was back to below my pre-pregnancy weight already.

I'm currently going to the gym 3 days a week, eating better, cut out all alcohol and am walking 3+ miles a day on the days I'm not at the gym.
MumofMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #3  
On my way to -70

Oh, I know how it goes, Mum! I gained a lot of weight between my first and my second child. After the second I decided it was time to start taking care of my weight... and I got pregnant. LOL I guess that all that sitting around and taking care of the baby is sedentary and it's easy to pack on the lbs.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #4  

I only have a few more months till I'm in the 40s category. I need to lose 23lbs to get back into onederland. Please reserve me a spot! I'm going to be stalking this thread.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #5  
On my way to -70

That's great! We'll be looking forward to having you.

So what kind of diets are you guys in? Just eating healthy, or any specific protocols? I'm doing my own thing; high protein, very low carb and sugars including fruit. That worked wonders with me last year and I'm hoping it will this time around as well.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:15 AM   #6  

I am mainly just watching what I eat. I don't have a huge appetite so quantity isn't an issue for me but I do tend to go for heavy foods normally for energy. So I'm moving myself away from that, eating more protein and greens, making sure I have three proper meals a day. On the whole I'm hitting about 1600 calories a day.

I'm less concerned with weight loss I guess and more with fitness, so I'm mainly focussing on exercise at the moment and once I'm in the habit of that, I'll move onto looking more deeply at my food intake.

I have quit all alcohol though. Which has been hard as for the last 15 odd years my nightly habit was kids to bed, small glass of wine/port and TV on. I don't miss the taste, but I miss the routine of it. Been "dry" for 10 days now and it feels like a lifetime since I had a glass of port or wine! LOL
Old 01-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #7  
On my way to -70

That's neat! My downfall are carbs. I can't get rid of them! And as much as I thought that I was ready to take on this weight loss thing again after the baby was born, apparently I'm too tired, too achey from the C-section, and a bit down because of this nasty weather... and I have no coping mechanism other than stuffing my mouth with cookies, brownies, and other unhealthy foods.

Tomorrow morning I'll print out my diet protocol, the one I did last year to start. It was very strict; it was a modified Ideal Protein diet and it worked wonders for the first three months and then I started incorporating other healthy foods. Hopefully having the diet printed out and visible will help me keep track of what I'm eating because winging it isn't cutting it.

So... today was a super blah day. And so was yesterday. I started out both days with the right foot but as the hours go by and exhaustion sets in I feel more and more like eating junk.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/190/145

Height: 5'5"

I have really just started trying to lose weight. I'd like to lose 45lbs. I got pregnant at 180, gained 40 lbs, lost it all and then about 15lbs crept back on in my first year post-partum.

It's not difficult to see why, too. I haven't been able to get into any sort of a fitness routine since I had my son 17 months ago. Add to that that my husband and i are baaad junk food eaters, I'm lucky that's all I've gained. Fixing my eating habits is going to be really tough. I quit smoking 5 years ago and it seriously feels like that. If for nothing else, I don't want my kid to watch me and think that sitting down and eating half a package of cookies in a sitting is good.

This is my first post on here! Congrats to everyone and hang in there!
IrisBellwether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #9  
On my way to -70

Why is it that we gain weight after having babies!? It's crazy. I guess it's all that sitting around with the baby that does it. One gets bored, eats, watches TV while nursing or whatever...

Prior to getting pregnant with my little one (4 weeks old tomorrow), I had lost 40 lbs; actually some of those 40 lbs I was still losing well into my pregnancy. And I was watching what I was eating and all but the second trimester hit me hard and I let go. On purpose. I was tired of watching what I put on my plate while having so many cravings so I just let got and ate whatever. I did not think I would regain 25 of those 40 lbs but I did and honestly, I'm okay with that. Yes, it's a bummer that all that hard work is now gone and I have to work on it again but I truly need to have this healthy lifestyle whether I'm trying to lose weight or not. If I don't, like you, Iris, I'll eat half a package of cookies in one sitting. And then some more. This is my life now and the byproduct of it is losing weight. I owe it to myself and my family.

Last edited by Paulitens; 01-18-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!!

I've been here a long time but it's been a long time too. I've lost over 100 in the past but the last two years I've had two babies, a career switch, new house etc. You can guess I've let myself go a bit. I'd Love to loose about 30 lbs, I'm at 198 (5'8) right now, so as you see I'm not looking to be very skinny. Just comfortable and fitter will do just fine!

I'm looking around 3fatchicks for a group that fits me, and I'm hoping this is it! I'm happy to meet you all and hope we'll stick together till goal!
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #11  
On my way to -70

Heck yeah! Welcome, Quillie!

We're all on the same boat here and honestly, I love this community. I've been on and off of it since 2010 or 11, I believe; the second (last) time around, having this community to support me through my weight loss and healthy lifestyle was fundamental.

That being said, today was weight in day. I'm at 191.4 lbs (87 kilos).

Unfortunately because it's a holiday my husband thought it would be a good treat to get donuts for the family and I ate three. But hey! I'll look at the positive: in a non-diet situation I would have eaten half a dozen in one sitting. Those three donuts made my stomach upset, which also feels awesome because it's very telling of how much only one week of healthy eating can change how my body takes junk food. So after the "donut flop" I'm back to the saddle.

Last edited by Paulitens; 01-19-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

It's become quiet around here, especially in January it used to be so busy around here. I wonder where they all went!

Lost a pound but had to stay at home sick today. I ate too much and hardly moved at all. I've been thinking about getting on a specific diet but wouldn't know which one. What are you guys doing?
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #13  

I'm still here. I've had a really nasty ear infection and missed two of my sessions at gym this week and also missed my weigh in. I went today but it was too soon and now I feel frustrated that I didn't do as well as I could have done.

Also frustrated that my PT wants to wait until Monday to weigh me in. I want to know if I'm going to see any results especially as I worked so hard the previous two weeks and then was so sick this week. Ho-hum... Next week is a new week I suppose! LOL

18 days no alcohol at all. It's my DHs birthday on Saturday and I'm throwing a dinner party. I know I'm going to be encouraged to have a glass or two of wine and I'm dreading it. I really want a glass or two, but I'm worried that it'll encourage me to go back to my old habits of a nightly glass of wine/port and I've actually got past the point of craving it now. I'm a bit worried that having a glass or two on Saturday will mean I'll crave a glass on Sunday and then I'll have to go through the whole craving it thing again. But I guess I'm going to have to face wine at some point as it's a big part of my family and social life, so I should probably just get on with it and get over it.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #14  
Battling pcos daily

S/C/G: 235/195/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi all, I'm 32 Y/O here, and struggling to get out of the 190's. Currently 195ish.... and have been hovering there for MONTHS with no end in sight. I added in HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training), stopped with the junk food cold turkey, eating around 1400 cal. a day and by weight WILL....NOT.....BUDGE. I have since consulted with a weight loss Dr. to see what my body's problem is. Also, re-tested my hormones - insulin is OKAY, testosterone was THROUGH the roof (11 times higher than it should be for a woman). I would think if my testosterone was high i would be dropping weight like MAD. Nope. No such luck.

Anyone here having similar issues? I feel like my body just wants to be fat. lol.
Clmiller0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #15  

Yes me! I'm breastfeeding, dropped my calorie intake, eat more cleanly, stopped drinking alcohol and anything with sugar in it, exercise down the gym 3x a week and STILL am not dropping weight at all.

I'm now trying to focus on body fat, rather than weight. But it's hard because I'm so used to weighing myself every day.