180's anyone?

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • I hope no one else started a new thread...I didn't see one.

Well I crashed this weekend. I drank beer and ate to my little hearts content. Now I feel like crap. *ugh* I didn't even work out!....of course I did it to myself. I knew I would feel like this, and yet I did it anyway. So I guess I shouldn't be whining....

But the good news is that it's a BRAND NEW week!! So now I can redeem myself. I'm still on for quitting smoking this Friday, so....that scares me.

Hope everyone else had a spectacular weekend!
  • Congratulations on your positive attitude AND your goal to quit smoking!

I quit a few years ago (4.5 to be exact!) and it was the best decision I've ever made. The possibility of gaining weight is certainly there and it scared me too, but the more you exercise and eat right the less you'll gain, and maybe not gain at all. I did put on a few pounds... BUT your lungs will thank you for not smoking anymore and you'll be rewarded by the ability to breathe deeper, exercise more, and lose that weight in no time.

I was scared too, but even if you do gain a few, it's for a much better reason than when we gain from indulging! Although... I never regret when I drink my points via alcohol, so I should go work on that... lol
  • Thanks for the encouragement! I'm feeling better about the smoking thing. I just sent DH to the store to stock up on all sorts of free/low cal snacks, so hopefully that will help. I've really been struggling this last week. My energy level has just been completely depleted by 2 pm. Not sure what I need to do about that.
    Just keep pluggin away I suppose!
  • I'm there with you in the 180's but at the high end. I'm renewing my gym membership this week!
  • We have this 180s thread too with all ages (not just 30 somethings!) if anyone cares to join.

I weighed in at 189.0 yesterday so I want to be part of all of them!

Hello my fellow 180s chicks!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...art-3-a-3.html
  • Hi! I was in the old thread here but I have been spinning my wheels of late. Today I weighed in at 187, but I am still retaining a lot of water from a 50-mile bike ride on Sunday. I think I'm really at 185, but I'll just wait until Friday to confirm. I've been in the 180s since February and I'm really frustrated with my lack of progress. Stress and I are not friends. But maybe the more effort I put into it, the more progress I will see.
  • Hi, I'll join you guys here too. I'm a few weeks post partum and looking to get back to my prepregnancy weight. Currently I'm about 184lbs (my weight fluctuates a lot depending on if I just nursed or not!).

I've been walking like crazy because this baby only seems to sleep when I'm holding her and walking... ah!
  • Hi runningfromfat! Congratulations on the baby! What do you have? I remember seeing you on other various posts around here, maybe the TTC thread?

I was down to 184 last Friday, but I had a binge of a weekend. It was my 10 year college reunion and I had always known that I was just going to eat and drink and be merry. So, like normal, I'm up a couple of pounds after the weekend. I also started weight lifting again yesterday and I usually retain a couple pounds of water right away. So, I'm going to do my best not to weigh in every day and just stick to the weekly weigh ins to measure my progress.
  • Quote: Hi runningfromfat! Congratulations on the baby! What do you have? I remember seeing you on other various posts around here, maybe the TTC thread?

I was down to 184 last Friday, but I had a binge of a weekend. It was my 10 year college reunion and I had always known that I was just going to eat and drink and be merry. So, like normal, I'm up a couple of pounds after the weekend. I also started weight lifting again yesterday and I usually retain a couple pounds of water right away. So, I'm going to do my best not to weigh in every day and just stick to the weekly weigh ins to measure my progress.
    Probably not from the TTC thread since the baby was a surprise. But I was around for a long time before that when I initially lost 80lbs. We had a girl and she's absolutely adorable, but just doesn't let me get enough sleep!

Good luck on the lifting, I've been doing that slowly too. I haven't seen any weight loss since I started but my waist has gone down two inches (although that could still be just from everything tightening up post-partum- hard to say). I can definitely tell that my muscle tone has been affected due to the pregnancy! I was still swimming and doing water aerobics right until the end but not lifting- boy am i sore!
  • Runningfromfat - My little girl is going to be 2 in September. I actually gained weight while BFing because my supply would drop every time I cut calories, etc. But I was able to get fit in other ways, like running C25K, I just couldn't diet. Sleep is amazing and you'll feel like a million dollars the first time you get 4, then 6 hours in a row. Even though I took a month or two off from lifting, I'm still hauling a 28 lb kid everywhere. She loves to be held and carried, and since I'm strong enough, I'll hold and carry her.
  • Friday weigh-in! 184.8. I was expecting a gain because I started stage 3 of New Rules of Lifting for Women on Monday and I always gain some if I'm not regularly weight lifting. I hadn't done any strength training since April because I've been focusing on riding my bike to work. But now I'm getting strong enough to do both. I've also ridden to work 3 times this week, but I'm not planning on riding all the way home tonight. I'm going to ride to my husband's office and make him drive me the rest of the way because I'm just too tired to care. My goals for this weekend is to stay on plan and get at least 2 miles of running in. I still have 13 pounds to go for my lose 32 by 32 (July 23).
  • Another Friday, another weigh-in! 184.6 this week. It's a loss....but...every weekend I go overboard and then I spend the rest of the week trying to undo it.

I ended up riding home last Friday. I hit 600 miles for the year on foot or by bike so I found the energy to make it home to accomplish that. And I've ridden to work every day this week. I'm pretty sure that is a first for me. I didn't ride home on Tuesday thanks to a crazy amount of rain that evening. Honestly, I feel good right now. The weight might not be coming off like it used to, but I'm making progress nonetheless.

Is anyone else still reading this thread? Let me know how you are all doing!
  • Yay! I lost 1.6 pounds this week, so I'm at 183. Time to update my ticker and profile
  • I'm ashamed to post this. Friday weigh-in 4.4 pounds gained. 17.2 pounds total lost. I didn't keep track while on vacation but I had no idea it was that bad.
  • Time to revive this thread....for me alone, lol. I weighed in today at 181.8! I've lost 6 pounds this week which so makes up for the 4 that I have been gaining and losing over and over again since March. I think BC really messed with how much water I was retaining cause there's no way I lost 4 pounds of fat overnight. Wine on the weekend and hormones = bloat for me.