Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #1  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Talking First day gone primal.

I posted over in the Mark's Daily Apple forum about this as well, but I thought I'd let you guys know how my first day giving up sugar and grains was.

Ok, not ALL sugar was given up today. I definitely couldn't stop munching on dark chocolate for some reason. My parents had sandwiches, cake, oreos and chips in the house. In abundance. I distracted myself with the Primal Blueprint book and I, admittedly, ate way too many nuts.

I cleaned out my pantry this morning and did a lot of shopping. I made it through the first day with almost no excessive sugar(it was literally only in the pieces of dark chocolate I ate, where it's normally in most things I eat) and absolutely no grains.

For the first time in a long time I don't feel like I'm out of control. It's probably a 'honeymoon phase' type thing, but I am going to grit my teeth and try to make it to 30 days no grains and 30 days without sugar(except in my dark chocolate). I really think eventually the cravings with pass away.

So that's what's going on. I'm tempted to start a blog about it, but I worry I wouldn't keep up with it. I did take some 'before' pictures just in case, considering it's day one of a big change. I hope to see some weight loss, but for these next few weeks I'm really just focusing on staying primal. I think my body will need to adjust and I'll need to get my grocery list really tailored.

I'm happy though. At least it's a change for the better. If the weight never comes off, though it should, I know I'm eating healthy foods.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/287/240

Height: 5'7"

I am trying to do this as well. I had an "oops" yesterday so I am starting over today lol Good luck!
katrinakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #3  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Oopsies! I meant to post this in the 20-somethings. Not that you guys can't get in on it too, lol.

Good luck to you too. ^.^
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote