Old 08-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Maukai to the the thread. Getting thru the 160's is def no joke. But stay focus and patient and you'll be outa here soon.

I know that I got thru the 170's so fast and then when i hit 169 I stalled out and got a little bit discouraged.
cosmic wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5' 5.5

Mauikai - I completely feel the same way, I've been yo-yoing in the top range of this decade. I would feel a lot more secure here if I was closer to the middle! What does "nui loa" mean?

cosmic - You body seems to be in the melting phase again. Is that a 4 in your siggie?

Back down a little more at 169.0. Seeing that 168.4 and then jumpin up again was cruel. just cruel.
Turtle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #93  

I feel ya Turtle. Breaking into the 160s was a battle. I think now that we are lighter we can't get away with little cheats as much...

I had to go "lower" carb to get my body into "melt" mode. I was eating low carb anyways so I just made small tweaks.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #94  

Looked better today at 168.4. I started out with WW and I'm still following their plan, but in the last month I also started counting calories too. So far I've been pretty successful with those two things. I am trying to keep with the higher protein, less processed foods, zero soda, zero fast food, and little refined sugar. I have a feeling that very soon I'm going to have to start paying attention to the fat/protein/carb ratios. Cosmic - what do you consider lower carb? I just checked my logs and I seem to be around 150-200 per day.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #95  

Turtle here was what I was eating for about a year until the last week of July:
For me I ate around 100 grams of carbs a day and was able to lose 80 pounds over the course of a year with np - tried to keep calories around 1300-1500. I rarely ate bread, corn, beans,potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice,pasta or sugary fruits (oranges, pineapple, mango etc). EXCEPT I did include bananas in my protein smoothie only on the days I weight lifts. Try to make the majority of my meals at home and eat out occasionally.

Currently
The last week of July, I lowered total carbs to about 50 grams a day total by leaving out the banana and the lean cuisine lunches at work. I do deduct the fiber I eat so its around 20-30 grams net now still eating around 1300 -1500 calories.

My main foods are leafy greens, proteins, eggs, berries, seeds, nuts, unsweetened almond milk, squash, cheese, avocados, tomatoes, greek yogurt, cucumbers, eggplant, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower

Fav meal that actually is a treat yet healthy -> Chocolate protein powder + natural peanut butter+ chia seeds+almond milk with stevia for a breakfast smoothie. I drink smoothies with chia seeds every morning...

Im really active so Im not really anal on the carb counts... I walk 1.9 miles round trip to and from work as well as go to the gym Mon -Sat doing weight lifting +cardio M/W/F and only cardio on T/Thr/Sat. I've been doing this for over a year but I alternate 2 different weight lifting routines - changing them every month. You got to switch it up to keep the body guessing.

When I do want a dessert I just make my own sugar free versions as well as low carb pizzas. Sometimes (every 2 months or so)I got off my diet and ate whatever I want - especially when I go on vacations. However I always go back because my body def feels the difference with processed foods and it would take about 1-3 weeks to undo the damage weight-wise.

That's basically what I've been doing. Hope that helps

Last edited by cosmic wisdom; 08-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 225/162.6/130

Height: 5'2"

I saw 169.8 for the first time this morning so hope to move in here with you guys soon!
Tiffkuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #97  

WOW - 50 grams of carbs! Awesome job. I am really impressed. I think I'm going to try and get a better handle on mine. Maybe that'll be a September /October goal. Your breakdown definately helped. I looked over my last 20 days of calories and I averaged 1402 so that seems to be on track. My little sister swears by chia seeds so I'm going to check those out next time at the grocery store. That smoothie sounds really yummy.

I feel like I'm taking moderate/baby steps. May and June was Weight watchers and "just stay on plan", early July was find exercises I like, and late July and August have been counting calories, WW and JM 30 (45) day shred. I feel like I'm getting slightly diet and exercise fatigued. Its just all pretty new to my routine so getting used to it will take time. After I learn some more good healthy recipes and find good choices at the restaurants we visit, I think It'll get easier. I'm going on vacation in late Sept, so I'm pushing hard for that. And while I'm gone I'll probably just walk and watch. Hopefully I'll be reenergized when I get back.

Tuffkuhn - congrats!!! pack your bags and move in, we've got lots of room
Old 08-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #98  

Last night I drank too much wine and didn't work out this morning.

I think I just need to rest and take a couple of days off from working out.

Thankfully still holding at 164....
Old 08-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #99  

cosmic - your muscles definately need time to recover (and probably your head after the wine)!

I went up again slightly this morning to 169, working with TOM now, and am slightly emotional. I didn't yell at the toaster but I thought about it.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #100  

169.2 this morning. I woke up and walked 3.5 miles this morning to help burn off the Thai food from last night, and hope to get another 3-5 miles in today (I live in a city so its easy to just walk around for a few hours after work). Also, I may be insane, but I signed up for a 6am hot yoga class tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #101  

Tiffkuhn - tell us about the hot yoga. Was looking into that myself...

Still at 164 Im trying to not freak out and stay the course. Im not going to the gym until prob Monday.

Trying to look at the big picture - 85 lbs lost is great. However, the last 19 lbs are gonna be hard to lose. May lower my calories and switch up the cardio after the weekend. I gotta take a page form Turtle and take baby steps. I'm a little type A so that's gonna be hard to do.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #102  

Cosmic - patience is a good thing. You didn't lose those 85 lbs overnight!
I would call myself more of a nerd than A-type. I have an excel spreadsheet with my daily caloric intake, sedentary/expected daily calorie burn, exercise caloric burn, hopeful 1% loss per week and two graphs.

For instance: at my height and weight at sedentary I would burn 1850 calories / day. Yesterday I ate 1240 calories and walked (it was my day off) 1.5 miles burning 110 calories. That puts me at a 720 calorie deficit. So I should have lost 720/3500 lbs yesterday. Or .21 lbs.

My graph of "should have lost" against scale loss is pretty accurate. (I'm trying to figure out how to post it) If I have an up day on the scale, I look at my "should have lost" and realize it is water weight and don't get upset. If I wish I would have lost more, I look at my "should have lost" weight and tell myself I either need to workout more, or be happy with the loss.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #103  

So today was a super early day, and I got to the hot yoga class at 6. I did hot yoga for a few months last year and really loved it. Not only is it an incredible workout, it also just makes me feel great mentally and physically. I like the Bikram approach because it is fast paced enough to keep my attention and the culture allows for anyone to feel comfortable. In fact, the instructor reminds you to keep your eyes on the mirror and focus on your own practice. As far as classmates go, I have seen men and women, teenagers to 80 year olds, skinny and obese--- anyone can do it. I highly recommend for anyone to give it a go. The first class you ever do will be REALLY HARD, but give it time and it does get easier.

Didn't weigh this morning because it was super early. Last night I walked home from work 7.8 miles. I do IF, and because of the early morning yoga I took my eating window earlier in the day. Today, I am back on normal eating schedule. I just hope to get through the weekend without too much water weight (cocktails, lol).
Old 08-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 175/see me old ticker ... /145

Height: 5'8"

Default Can I join?

Hi!

Just want to chime in & join you, if that's okay.

I'm 5 months (today!) post-baby. Really struggling with weight and hoping you folks will give me the motivation to get where I need to be,

Cagey
Katiepony01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #105  

Hey katie! Welcome, congrats on the baby!

Tiff - I am so borderline going to a class. You might have tipped the scales. I'm going to finish my JM 30 DS here at home, then maybe venture to a gym.

cosmic - *deep breath* Now puff your chest out and bang on it like Tarzan and do the jungle cry. This is to celebrate that you have lost 85 lbs. Stay on plan, it'll come off, it has to, its math with a little hormones thrown in. (- I may need some of this back at some point)

I'm up .4 after a Mexican date with the hubbie (OP). Hoping its water weight and comes off soon.