Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Default Another newbie

Hello everyone! I'm gretel - I'm 31, married, and I have a 15.5 month old daughter. I've been on these boards off and on for a couple of years, but I don't think I ever wandered into the 30-somethings before. I've spent the last few days reviewing my health and weight. I even wrote up a little summary...so here's my weight loss journey so far.

I decided to lose weight during the summer of 2006 for my wedding, when I was approximately 225 pounds. I really wasn't keeping track and I had assumed that I ate well because I ate mostly fruits and veggies. I was right around 200 for my wedding in August 2007 but gained 10 pounds back after the wedding and honeymoon. I picked up the fight again at the end of 2007 and was down to roughly 190 (Feb-June 2008) by exercising and following the South Beach Diet. But then I became bored with my low carb meals and started to gain a little back. Unfortunately, my father passed away in January 2009, along with 2 other family members, and I became depressed and inactive. I was already eating poorly and gained a lot of weight quickly. I didn't take control again until I was back up to 215 pounds. It took over a year, but I was able to lose weight by calorie counting and exercise and was down to 193 in January 2011...when I found out I was pregnant! I gained 22 pounds and had my daughter via c-section in Sept 2011. I was not one of the lucky ones who lost weight while breastfeeding, so I restarted my journey at 205 pounds post baby.

As for today, today I'm 196.6 and 40.2% body fat. My highest weight was around 225 and my highest body fat was over 47%! It's hitting me very hard that I've been worried about my blood pressure for over 6 years and I keep returning to 190s without breaking through.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #2  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Hi gretel! Congrats on the baby and on your decision to recommitt to a healthier you! I'm 37, 3 kids, ages 9, 7 and 9 months! I lost weight bf my first 2, not so much with my 3rd. I actually weighed 219 the day I left the hospital with him and staying home with him, very inactive has helped me get back into the 240's! No more! I'm looking forward to getting to know you
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

hello and welcome! wishing you a successful weight loss this time around. ive been back and forth with weight loss and gain, due to illness, pregnancy etc. i didnt lose a single pound when breast feeding and i did it for 12 months. but you know breastfeeding only add 500 calories to your daily intake needs, so eating 2500 calories doesnt really help you lose! i just remember being extra hungry while i breast fed, especially dairy products. i would drink whole milk by the glass, which i dont like to do and never did before. was strange. nonetheless i lost about 50 pounds 2 years ago and regained 15 since. i am back at it, and this time id like to get back to the weight i was in my 20s. 180's atleast! anyway, good luck to you!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote