Newbie here :)

• Hi all! I joined 3FC today. I am a SAHM, trying to lose 40 lbs. I started tracking my food on Thursday and will do my first weigh in on Thursday, 10Jan. I really need support, hoping that I have come to the right place.
  • Welcome, concminus40! Good luck with your goals and I hope Thursday shows a lovely drop. What plan/way of eating are you using to lose?
  • I got the myfitnesspal app and have been logging my food. I am trying to walk about 20 minutes 3-5 days a week. I know that's not much, but it's more than what I was doing. I am a SAHM but my kids are in school all day. I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks
  • I think that's a great plan as you're getting started!

Diet is a great place to start - to see where you're currently at - and then keep adding in little changes to your lifestyle as you go.

Welcome to 3FC!
  • Welcome concminus40! This is definitely the right place for you!

I started with walking 10mins a day (and bragged about it even!) so you are already doing double what I was!

Adding lots of water will be great for you too. I love tracking everything on myfitnesspal.com and it becomes second nature once you get in the habit.

We are all here for you and depend on each other. Wishing you lots of luck!
  • I am a SAHM too and u sound like u are on the right path. I wanted to lose 35 lbs when I started but got to 8 and stopped. I finally started again in November. The first few weeks I only changed how I ate. I was lucky enough to be given a stationary bike and I just bought a used elliptical for 25 bucks. Best of luck and remember to maybe give yourself small goals.
  • Thank you all! You have already lifted my spirits. My first small goal is to get under 200! My oldest daughter is graduating HS in May and I would like to lose 10-15 pounds before that. I weighed 199 when I delivered her and have been up and down ever since. It's so frustrating!! What kinds of small goals or do you guys set and what is your favorite thing to snack on when hunger hits. I measure out my water in the morning so that I know I am getting enough, this really helps. I have been drinking around 80 oz of water/day.
  • Hi concminus40! I'm new here too! I figure I can come here post my progress and lack there of with no judgments. To me it's kind of good to feel like you're not alone in the weight loss journey. I have told myself that I am not going to discuss my weight loss journey with anyone but my husband and 3 fat chicks!!! Lol.
  • Ross111104, I feel exactly the same way! No one here will judge me. It is a lonely feeling, it looks like you and I have very similar goals. What is the buddy list on here? Is there a way to stay in contact with a smaller group of people with similar goals?