Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:06 PM   #31  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I'm a mess today. I'm trying to get all the last minute stuff done and to top it off the sister-in-law from **** called and managed to upset me enough to spend the whole afternoon in tears.

I can't seem to get my thoughts together enough for a good post so I'll just say THANK YOU so much for the good wishes. I'm sure we will all be fine, I'll just be glad when this is over.

See ya in a few days.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:19 PM   #32  

Karen - I sooo sorry that your SIL did that to you You take care and our good thoughts will be with you.

I was late picking up DD.....that is what happens when you are not "FOCUSED"

RR - Hope DD is feeling better.

Time to FOCUS and get off this board and do some work

Ellie
Old 04-24-2003, 11:15 AM   #33  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just popping in to say I haven't heard from Andy yet, so I guess they're busy bonding! Sitting here with my cell phone in front of me, and keep checking my home messages!!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:22 PM   #34  
LBH

Smile ALEX IS HERE!!

I just talked to Andy and got the good news!

Alex arrived at 8:31 AM, he was 6 lbs., 9 oz. and 20 inches long! A little peanut!

He's got a little peach fuzz on his head, and looks like Andy.

They gave him a little formula while Karen was in recovery, but he's breastfeeding likea trooper now!! Good boy Alex!!

Everything went great, Karen's a little drousy, but otherwise fine. Hopefully Andy will get on and post some pics soon!! I didn't think to ask him to.

Welcome to the World Alex!!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:00 PM   #35  

WELCOME TO BABY ALEX! CONGRATULATIONS TO KAREN & ANDY!

Today I had a session with a personal trainer to revamp my workout. It was great. I'm meeting with her again next week. So my word(s) for today is: PHYSICALLY FIT

Ellie - orthodontic work is so expensive, but worth it. I just had braces removed a year ago. I wore them for 2.5 years. ~ I love your "word" use!

Rabbit
Old 04-24-2003, 01:55 PM   #36  

WELCOME BABY ALEX !!!!!!!!

WTG Karen!!!! I am so happy that everything went well.

My doctor called and said all my labs were great! That was good news. My colesterol was 162, less that before at 166. I was concerned because of all the hype about low carb diets causing high colesterol. So far so good

LBH - Do post some pics of baby Alex when you get them!

Rabbit - It does help to have a personal trainer. My DH is my personal trainer My biggest problem is that I push myself too hard, even when my body is trying to tell me to slow down.

I plan on visiting the gym today so that I can also become "Physically Fit"

Ellie
172/164/130
over 16 inches lost!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:46 PM   #37  
LBH

Ellie- So that's why you married him, to get in shape!! No wonder you're doing soo well!!
Old 04-24-2003, 07:39 PM   #38  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Yeah Karen and ANdy!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 04-25-2003, 09:34 AM   #39  

HELLO.

I started on working out my new exercise routine today. I was doing 15 minutes on bike, she said I need to do atleast 20. She told me I should be doing the treadmill as opposed to the walking track so I can check my heart rate, do inclines, check speed, etc. I knew I needed to do this, the women I walk with do not walk fast enough and I have thought for a long while that I could be getting a better workout. I will miss the comaradery of walking with them but will make better use of my time. I think I'll try to get in a couple of "cool down" laps with them so I can say hello. (they are not interested in upgrading their routine or they could do it with me). So I did 20 minutes on the treadmill today. I didn't go as far as I usually go, but I feel that I worked alot harder.

Ellie - she was very helpful in showing me how to improve my form on the machines, telling me which ones I should do, which ones to skip; just basically how to work out better. You are lucky you have a live in trainer.

Rabbit
Old 04-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #40  

Rabbit - I think it is great that you are modifing your exercise routine. I walk with a girl from the office and we keep a good pace but we don't marathon it either. I am really liking the elliptical machine over the bike. I burn double the calories and keep my heart rate in the target range for most of the workout. Last night I did 15 minutes on the bike and then 30 on the ellipitcal, thought I was going to die! When I finished I could longer feel my feet DH doesn't do much with me for cardio, just wieght training. I do consider myself very fortunate I see many couples working out together and it does not always appear to be a favorable experience.

LBH - You found me out You know what they say, if you want to get in shape marry a Marine I hope Peter is over his rash. I feel very bad about the Urologist visit....poor little guy

RR - Hope your DD is feeling better

Still waiting for pictures of baby Alex

Tech, Liz, Hollie and anyone I may have missed

Ellie
Old 04-26-2003, 02:02 PM   #41  

hello all. It is a gorgeous Saturday here! DS is home and saw a doctor about his back and he is doing well now. It doesn't seem to be anything serious. Whew.

I pushed myself into going to the health club this a.m. and did 20 hard minutes on the bike.

Ellie - 30 minutes elliptical - that is a killer! I was thinking maybe I would do some elliptical also, maybe bike one day, elliptical the next. I find that I have to do the elliptical first thing before anything else.

Have a great weekend all!

Rabbit
Closed Thread