Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 08:30 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ***Children Chat Week of April 20th***

I changed the name soo people won't think it is just for babies!!!Maybe we can learn things from people with older children!!!

Miserable night last night...OMG....102 fever, crying and pulling on those ears...I just wanted to take that pain for her but I could do nothing but rock, sing, and hold a warm cloth over the right ear until the Tylenol kicked in....I doubt if we will be able to have her 4 month shots on Friday if the fluid is still there. We are a week late but they want her well before they do them..She is 17 weeks old...
I visited a friend(42y/o) who had a baby on Tues...He is soooo tiny...Weighed 5 lbs15 oz at birth and was 19inches long..He was teeny teeny!!!!Makes me want another!!!!!

Karen--How are things????Keep us posted!! This is getting exciting!!!!

Lauren--How is Petey?????
Have a great Easter!!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 04-20-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:10 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning,

We were up before 8:30 for the first time (weekend) in a long time today. Not sure what we are going to do for the day. Hoping to get DH to mow the grass.

Still waiting.............

Happy Easter!!
Old 04-20-2003, 09:06 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey,

Karen, how are you feeling these days? Any new symptoms?

RR, wow, that's tiny, was the baby a premmie? I sure hope Kaylee grows out of all these problems soon! She'll probably have to have tubes in her ears I guess?

Petey doing pretty good. I started adding dairy back into my diet last week. I don't think being off it was making a big enough difference to believe it was the dairy making him soo gassy. It may have been a little, and I haven't drank a glass of milk or anything, but I had some chocolate and a piece of pizza Saturday, and some milk in my coffee.

I weighed him on the scale that you roll wheelchairs onto at the rehab today when we went to see Gran. It started at .2, and the blanket weighed .2, so it came to 17.8, which would make him 17.4 lbs.!! That's my boy!! Depending on the brand, he's getting out of 3-6 and into 6-9 mo. sizes!! Mom just bought him a bunch of 3-6 outfits at Kohls that are really big, but most of his 3-6 are getting small!!

He goes for the appt. at the Urologist on Wednesday, his 3 mo. b-day. I have to call and make an appt. for his 4 mo. check up.

Hope you all had a great Easter! Have a good week!
Old 04-21-2003, 06:22 AM   #4  

Good Morning!!!
Feel like heck today....She ran fever all night long and wanted to suck every 1.5hrs...I personally think the sucking/swallowing relieves the pressure in her ears..She didnt act hungry, just demanding for the breast.....I think we are heading in the direction of tubes....

Lauren--Not premature, just small...Mom is my size and dad isnt much bigger...In fact, she was reading a story to her 13 y/o daughter and her water broke in her bed.....Her child and mine are best friends soo we are in the same boat of "Ruining their lives forever" so that is how we are friends..We both got married and ruined their birthday months cuz it was in that month, and then she was worse cuz she had the baby in the birthday month...OMG...Girls are a pain!!!!

Petey is growing sooo good!!!!

Karen--How are U today????
RR
Old 04-21-2003, 10:45 AM   #5  
LBH

At least you have someone to commiserate with!! ...Such drama!!
Old 04-21-2003, 06:26 PM   #6  

Dh took Kaylee to the MD....Bilateral ear infection and upper respiratory infection..THANK GOODNESS she is getting antibodies from nursing!!!!She is now on Augmentin and Pediatex-D...Poor baby, didnt eat but 4 oz all day soo I am staying home tomorrow to feed her and just love her!!!!
Vicki
Old 04-21-2003, 06:27 PM   #7  

Hi guys,

Today was an unusual day let's say. First, I had an appt for a NST and visit with the doctor. When I got there my BP was 120/90. We got through the test (I had caffeine free Diet Coke and he was absolutely DANCING for them. Why on earth that makes him move I haven't a clue) then the doc decides to have me lie on my side and redo the BP. It shot up to 150/90. Guess who got to spend the day at the hospital being monitored. Yep. You got it, ME. Geepers, was it boring. I had to lay on my side the whole time with my BP being taken every 15 minutes and I was on the monitors. I had an ultrasound and they say my fluid may be low. I have to go back for another ultrasound tomorrow to check the fluid levels. According to my doula if I just drink a lot of water I should be ok. Guess I will be drinking and peeing for the rest of the evening!! It was 4:30 before they let me out of there and I was starving. DH left work early for me 'cause I was really nervous. I had visions of c-section in my mind. My bp was absolutely perfect the whole time I was monitored.

RR: Geeze, I'm sorry the little one is going through all that. It must be awful hard on you. Have you found a new job yet? Are you still quitting the old one? I didn't realize your older SD was that old. 13 is rough anyway. I can't imagine living with a teenager, especially a girl. When I see some crazily dressed teen I just sorta cringe. What am I gonna do if Alex wants to dress like that???

OK, gonna go rest since that's what I'm under orders to do. Hope you all had a great day.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:56 AM   #8  

Karen-Take care of yourself..Glad the BP was normal again...Rest and drink..Of course drinking that much, how can U rest???
SD#1 will be 12 next month..A lady told me that I would like her again at about age 16!!!!

Well..off to feed Kaylee and give the medicine..Still with the high fever this morning!!!but hopefully it will break today...
RR
Old 04-22-2003, 09:37 AM   #9  
LBH

Hey,

RR- Hope that fever breaks for you and Kaylee! Gee, I can't imagine liking a 16 y/o!! She'll probably just be more rebellious at that age...think about when you were 16! I'm thinking more like 25!! My BIL's kids both had/have tubes in their ears. The little one got them I think around 1 y/o, and they were much better afterwards.

Karen- Take it easy girl! Hope the BP is down today. And if it's not, and they induce you, don't worry, it doesn't automatically mean c/s, yes, your chances are greater, butnot definite. Just make sure you're drinking tons and tons of water. It's funny that your BP went up when they laid you on your side, it's supposed to go down! One appt. they did mine, but used the regular cuff and it was like 130/90, high for me. They made me lay for a few minutes on my side and did it again, still a little high. I told them to get the big cuff, because it's always higher with the regular one. They did and it was perfect. In fact, during and after delivery, it was low!

Anyway, I'll be keeping you in my prayers that the BP stays down and everything is going smoothly! (And for Kaylee's health too!!)
Old 04-22-2003, 12:28 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

My ultrasound is at 3:30 today so I guess I will have more news after that. The doctor's office actually called ME this morning before I could call them about the appt. They are working me in so I may be there for hours. I better charge my PDA so I can read my book!!

I've drank so much today and last night that I practically slosh when I walk. I'm not looking forward to the bladder squishing while it's full!!

Have a great day!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:47 PM   #11  
LBH

Good Luck Karen...maybe you should wear a pad, just in case?!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #12  

Hi guys,

OK, I have enough fluid to stay pregnant a few more days according to the perinatologist. I haven't heard from my doctor yet so I don't know what's coming next. I guess I will call first thing in the morning. The other doctor said mine had been bugging them all day. I guess I will find out more tomorrow.

Have a great evening.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:32 PM   #13  

AAAYEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be having the baby at 7:30 Thursday morning by C-section. The doctor is nervous because it seems like things are beginning to go wrong. They are doing a cs because the baby is not even engaged in my pelvis yet.

I AM SO NERVOUS!!
Old 04-23-2003, 06:38 AM   #14  

I will be saying my prayers for the both of U!!!! C-Section isnt soo bad..IT hurts but I only took pills for pain and was glad Kaylee got out and was safe...Tell DH to call Lauren and keep us posted!!!!!
Vicki
Old 04-23-2003, 08:57 AM   #15  
LBH

Oh Karen, How exciting, and yet scary. I'm sure you'll be fine. What is your DH's name, is it Andy? I don't remember. I think April 24th is a good day to have a baby! Just think, at this time tomorrow AM, you'll be holding your little man!!

Now, I'm sure everything you've thought about has flown out the window at this point, but just because you're having a c/s doesn't mean you can't try and nurse him right away. I know you plan to breastfeed, so make sure you make it known that you want to ASAP, otherwise they'll bring him to the nursery and end up giving him a bottle. Tell them you want him in recovery!

I'll be praying for all three of you tomorrow!!
Closed Thread