Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #1  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Default NSVs

Today I got the results of a series of blood testing that was done a couple weeks ago at a health fair. It reminds me of why I started on a weight loss journey.

I started about a year and a half ago, at 230 pounds and with prediabetic blood sugar levels. Today I'm at 187 pounds and, according to the A1C testing, no longer registering at prediabetic.

I had blood drawn for a series of tests, including blood glucose levels, thyroid function, vitamin D deficiencies, and various other things including cholesterol, bone health, kidney functions, adrenal etc etc.

Almost every single test result came back right in the middle of the "normal" range! There were two results testing high and termed "infection" which makes sense because at the time I was recovering from ear and sinus infections. One also tested high and read "indicates allergies" or something like that, and I already know I'm allergic/sensitive to many things.

So I think it's an NSV that I'm at the lowest weight in my adult life....at age 35...and ZERO abnormalities in the testing! On a side note, I've also never broken any bones in my body, nor needed stitches for anything. Last year I also tested as "extremely low risk" of osteoporosis. Apparently I have super-healthy bones.

alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #2  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

That's awesome, good for you!!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #3  
Becoming A Better Me

congrats sweety! i get my work up redone in a week or so to see if my numbers r still going down (cholesterol). my sugar is perfect but the cholesterol although had went down by over 30pts in 4wks was still high so yep my health is a huge factor for lifestyle change! congrats again!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote