Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Dark Chocolate?

Hey ladies (and gents),
I was curious if anyone around here had any advice on dark chocolate added into diets? I have read several articles that say it helps with weight loss but I've read a few that say it doesn't and it's all a placebo effect. Any ideas, you guys? I was just curious because I got a bar of 90% cocoa as a gift and it's awesome (I can't stand sweets of any kind, really. My vice is salty snacks, anyway. This dark stuff is great). I was hoping there would be some truth to the weight loss claims. Anyway, just curious! Hope you're all having a great Sunday! (Or Monday, depending on where you are.)
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I prefer dark chocolate too. I don't know that it aids in weight loss, other than to curb cravings because it's so much richer, and a little goes a long way. As long as I have the calories for it, I enjoy it often.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

you could just eat it as is, a bit a day. I like to keep some in the freezer and have a square every so often. I also recommend grating it down and mixing it with oatmeal or greek yogurt. Yum!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

This was out of my university. This study very deliberately did not specify the type of chocolate (dark or otherwise).

http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressreleas.../#.UCAtukL_TA4

(Totally being a lurker here! Ha!)
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

I have a bar of dark chocolate in my freezer, it has bits of sea salt in it. I usually take 2 squares and suck on them bit by bit. That way each square lasts longer and you really get the taste. PLUS the sea salt just makes it perfect
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

Height: 5'6"

I keep dark chocolate bars in the freezer. (I buy them when my school sells them). I'll have one block off the bar at a time. It's tasty, and they say it's actually good for you in small amounts!
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #7  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for all the replies! The sea-salt sounds amazing, I'll have to find some. I keep my bar in the freezer as well, and have a block now and then. I'm glad to hear it's not a terrible mistake, haha.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote